Discovery Gaming Community
Perfect Execution - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Perfect Execution (/showthread.php?tid=17273)

Perfect Execution - tansytansey - 03-05-2009

Through the frozen ice fields of California, two LZF-9805's flew in close formation. It would be an odd sight to anyone witnessing the flight, unaware of the circumstances. Both ships were equipped with a standard Police load out, and IFF transmitter and ID. To anyone it would look like a regular, if not foolish patrol.

The two Liberators continued silently into the icefield, on tradjectory for Alcatraz. The Rogue base was now with in scanner range. Inside the cockpit of the leading Liberator, Caitlin Hopkins, a.k.a. Ashes Yotaka, opened the com channel and hailed the base.
"Alcatraz, this is Ashes Yotaka, we are on an approach vector, confirm, over." She spoke into the channel. The speakers played static for a few moments until Alcatraz control returned the hail.
"Understood Miss Yotaka. Submit your identification and stand by." The control replied. Ashes killed the cruise engines and pulled back on the throttle, slowing the Liberator to a halt. The other in formation mimiced her moves and slowed to a halt behind her. Ashes entered her code into the controls and relayed it to control for comfirmation. Ashes glanced out through the canopy into space, the fact that they were flying Liberators with police identification made her nervous. There were Rogue Gunboats' patrolling this space and some of them were likely to have itchy trigger fingers. no doubt they had been ordered to stand down though. Ashes, after all, was one of them, but despite that, sitting in the cockpit of a police ship made her nervous. But her mission was over now, and a success too.

"Identification confirmed. You are cleared to dock. Welcome home Miss Yotaka." Control finally replied after what seemed to be several heart-stopping minutes. Ashes manuvered the Liberator around to face the docking bay. She still had not become used to the sensitivity of the Liberators controls. It's manuverability was in a class of its' own, especially compared to their own ships. Ashes activated the docking squence and leaned back. The Liberator slowly moved forwards and into the open docking bay. It was good to be home. Ashes glanced over her shoulder over at the other Liberator, which had begun the docking proceedure behind her. Her mission had been a surprising success, particularly with the added bonus of aquiring in tact police technology. Ashes guessed the ships would probably be pulled apart, analised and maybe reverse engineered. The ship flew like a dream, though. Given the chance, Ashes would have liked to keep it. The docking bay closed behind her, and the airlock pressurised to match the inside of the station, before the door in front of her opened and allowed her to land on the landing pad. No sooner than the ship had touched down, Ashes had pulled off her flight mask and breathed deep. She undid the top of her flight suit that constricted around her neck and pulled it loose. She unbuckled herself and popped open the canopy, and then leaped down to the landing pad floor. Right behind her, the second Liberator entered the bay and landed on the pad next to her ship. Ashes walked over to the Liberator, and waited for its' pilot to exit.

Perfect Execution - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 03-05-2009

The steam whisps around the docking bay as the liberators exhausts heat up the frozen floor. Ashes had docked first and had gotten a heads start on Meyers. Meyers was extremely worried she would be shot when she arrived on the docking bay floor and then shoved off into void which sent chills down her spine ...Being left in space was her worst nightmare.

Once Marx had shut down her Liberator she let the lift take her down to ground level. Expecting huge resistance or any acknowledgment she got nothing but a few stares from technicians most likely about the reason behind someone flying a liberator but they seemed to get back to work when they saw ashes.
"You seem to be well known" Marx mutters as she takes off her helmet and removes the flight suit.

Ashes laughs and gestures for Marx to follow her.

After ten minutes walking, a 5 minute elevator ride and another short walk ashes pauses.
"Home Sweet Home"
"[VOICE PRINT :ACCEPT: "Welcome home ashes]"
"We don't get our own rooms in LPI, All we get is a cubicle and have to fight for a bloody office" Marx says with a grumble

Ashes walks in and grabs Marx and pulls her in.

Perfect Execution - tansytansey - 03-05-2009

Ashes giggled at Marxs' observation. "There aren't many female Rogues, so we're generally well recognised." She explained. Ashes shifted uncomfortably in the silence as the elevator took them away from the landing pad. She wanted to say something, but couldn't think of the right words to break the silence.

Ashes took Marxs' hand and lead her through the door by the hand. Ashes was eager to show Marx around the base, but first things first they needed to be debriefed on the mission details. They entered through the large sliding door into the mission control room. This was the center of Alcatrazs' missions. Rogues and freelancers who accepted jobs from the bar were directed by the coms officers in this room, and it was here that Ashes and Marx were to be debriefed. Ashes and Marx sat down next to each other on one side of a large, rectangular steel table. On the other side, one of the mission co-ordinators entered and sat down to face them.

"Welcome back Miss Yotaka. I see you made contact with your.. contact." He greeted Ashes. Ashes glanced across at Marx, then back at the co-ordinator.
"Not everything went as planned, but the mission was a success." Ashes nodded. She always hated debriefing, it was long and boring. The co-ordinator flicked through the files on an electonic clipboard in front of him, reviewing the details of the mission.
"I see, you were given a hacked ID and history, and sent to join the Liberty Police. Would you please continue?" He asked. Ashes nodded and began to explain the details of the mission.

"I had met Marx long before this mission, on Manhatten a while ago. She didn't know I was a Liberty Rogue back then, but wer became friends. When the Boss learned this, he asked me to use her to infiltrate the LPI and extract information about police transports and patrols. I believe the ID hack was courtosy of the lane hackers, because they didn't even check twice, let alone question the fact I look like I'm from Kusari." Ashes began to explain. She glanced across at Marx again. The purpose of the mission had been to use Marx like a tool... but the outcome was nothing of the sort. Ashes cared for Marx emensely, and was only one of a handful of people she considered friends.
"And Marx pushed my application to be rushed through, right?" Ashes said to Marx, allowing her to continue to explain.

Perfect Execution - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 03-08-2009

It's well Umm, You see, Umm. Marx stumbles as she was still a bit shaky from well everything that had been happening and so fast too. In under two days she had gone from being a -Respected- LPI Sergeant to being a new recruit for the LR and wanted by God knows how many Bounty Hunter factions.Ashes Grabs Marx's hand and whispers, You can do it, They won't bite.
"I should start we I first heard Catie or Ashes as she is known now, was still alive and 'Apparently' living on Manhattan. I then learned she was after a job so I caught up with her and convinced her to join the LPI completely unaware she was trying to infiltrate LPI anyway."
Ashes smiles at the fact she never planned on this being so easy, If Marx didn't put up such a fight to get her in she might have had a probably with someone figuring her out or remember her face is she had beaten them in a fight.

After a lengthy and detailed explanation of what had happened up until being taken to this base,Marx stopped and her face broke down into tears, she had left all her friends behind most never to be seen again. Her husband 'Fred', Her Co-workers 'Hull','Jack','Fredro' and 'Matt'. Ashes leans in to comfort Marx whispers

" ......

Perfect Execution - tansytansey - 03-09-2009

With her arm drapped across Marxs' shoulder in a sort of hug, Ashes glanced over at the mission co-ordinator, who was still scribbling on his pad. Marx had spoken quite quickly, faster than the man could write, so he was getting it all down.
"Is that all you needed?" She asked. The co-ordinator continued to scribble for a couple of seconds, and then looked up. "I just need to clarify a few things." He explained. Flicking through his notes, he found the spot he was looking for and cleared his throat. "So this Bretonian.. he was a Diplomat of some sort?" He asked. Ashes nodded. "He said he was there to help train the LPI and Navy fighters." She explained. The man quirked his eyebrow, that was useful information indeed. "Do you recall his name?" He asked. Ashes looked towards the roof and pursed her lips as she thought... she knew the first name but couldn't remember for the life of her the second.
"Xavier something... I think it began with C." She answered. "Do you remember what it was Marx?" She asked.

"Alright, that just about covers it all." The co-ordinator said, and got to his feet. "Welcome back Ashes." He said finally, and then exited the room. Ashes got to her feet and then turned to Marx. "Come on, you can stay with me at least until you get your own room set up." She offered, and grabbed Marxs' hand, and pulled her to her feet, and lead her out the door and back towards the elevator.

Perfect Execution - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 03-28-2009

Marx had been, since the Debriefing last week strolling around the base getting used to the people and rules. The most annoying of which was set down by "The Boss" Himself, "No Leaving Base Till I Say So".After being treated like a Kid again, She could protected herself, she didn't need to hide from the LPI.

Marx had been lying in her bed thinking when Ashes ran in with a gleaming smile,
"He got you a ship" ashes sings as she pulls Marx and spins her around.
"Who, What, I get a what now?" marx completely confused stumbles out.
"Sylpheed is giving you a ship, Which means you can fly along side me now." ashes says with a joyful smile