Discovery Gaming Community
Capital Ships ! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Capital Ships ! (/showthread.php?tid=172819)

Pages: 1 2

Capital Ships ! - -Red-October- - 08-17-2019

Ok, 1st of all i am new in a game, so i have few question that exp player can answer!

1.What is the best Capital ship in your personal opinion (and why), no matter what faction, house, ect. - Battle cruiser, Battleships , Dreadnaughts and Carriers

2. XKR-EV-TWO "Tempest" Mark-I Coalition Carrier - what is so special about this ship (and why) , that is not only exclusive faction member ship , BUT allso as i heard you nead special permition from
DEVS (if that is thrue at all), why don't make it avalable to any with Coalition ID , BUT restricted to influence sistems of Coalition with normal Coalition ID (in my personal opinion that is fair), i know SCRA members will not
want me after this post in there ranks, but it is only fair to ask and express my personal opinion!

sry for bad eng

RE: Capital Ships ! - Couden - 08-17-2019

1. Look at my Signature

2. As I know SCRA has Sirius Wide Zoim but they sacrificed Tempests to Indies or whatever. It was a while ago.

RE: Capital Ships ! - Reddy - 08-17-2019

Coalition id has unlimited zoi, they can already take caps upto battlecruiser anywhere and pew.
Join one of the offical coalition factions and eventually be able to fly the carrier, offical coal can take their carriers anywhere.
In my opinion, the coal id should have restricted zoi to omegas and omicrons ( since they love to be there so much) and have carrier available to indies but restricted to zoi like core

RE: Capital Ships ! - realekki - 08-17-2019

1.: the 22 turrets of neutrality aka Nephilim. best looking cap in game.
2.: sirius wide zoi

RE: Capital Ships ! - Sombs - 08-17-2019

Mako and Osiris

The Mako is better at aggressive combat (better turret arcs) while the Osiris is an ugly tube with an unfortunately placed upper back heavy turret that can't rotate in a full circle. The shape makes the ship great for dodging, which fits the dodgy Order well.

RE: Capital Ships ! - Foxglove - 08-17-2019

Hey guys, I am the Foxglove-fairy reminding you of the double standard of people saying that Nomad indies with caps and unlimited ZoI would ruin the game while the Coalition indie ID could already do all these things and it does not happen.

Also, the best ships are the small and quick ones, always. There is a reason why the Eagle in vanilla was the most used ship. Therefore, to determine the best capital ships, look at their turn rate/strafe speed and shape. As Sombra said, the Mako and the Osiris are some of the best battleships in the mod. Maybe the Liberty Dreadnought and Dunkirk should also be mentioned here.

RE: Capital Ships ! - Thunderer - 08-17-2019

BBC is the answer to everything.

RE: Capital Ships ! - LaWey - 08-17-2019

Quote:Hey guys, I am the Foxglove-fairy reminding you of the double standard of people saying that Nomad indies with caps and unlimited ZoI would ruin the game while the Coalition indie ID could already do all these things and it does not happen.

Its actually correct point, why noms indies limited so hard? Well, to be frankly, there exist difference, on Coalition indie id set of targets in really very limited, they cant shoot transports (only if they haul contraband and refuse drop it after demand).

Tho i still sure that noms indie ID should be reconsidered. As well, in case of population growning, restrictions on factions like this could be just returned back if it will create cancer.

RE: Capital Ships ! - -Red-October- - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 05:58 AM)Reddy Wrote: Coalition id has unlimited zoi, they can already take caps upto battlecruiser anywhere and pew.
Join one of the offical coalition factions and eventually be able to fly the carrier, offical coal can take their carriers anywhere.
In my opinion, the coal id should have restricted zoi to omegas and omicrons ( since they love to be there so much) and have carrier available to indies but restricted to zoi like core

I understand, but every "big" house (Li, Rh, Bretonia, ect.) in a game can take BC all around Sirius with "intelligence house" ID
Also i heard that only few Coalition Carrier are still in a game , by selected pp who have them (so no big danger from coalition carriers in some distant sistem) - there lies my prob, why should only few have a privilage to have faction ship,( in this case Coalition ID only max BC no bigger capital) while rest can just complain and ask why, like me!

I am still waitng for an answer is Coalition carrier Devs aproval ship, or not?

RE: Capital Ships ! - Val - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 09:24 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Mako and Osiris

The Mako is better at aggressive combat (better turret arcs) while the Osiris is an ugly tube with an unfortunately placed upper back heavy turret that can't rotate in a full circle. The shape makes the ship great for dodging, which fits the dodgy Order well.

And Murmillo. It has the same guns placement than the Osiris, except the top Heavy, which has a better placement.