Discovery Gaming Community
Disabling Set Messages - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Disabling Set Messages (/showthread.php?tid=173096)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Disabling Set Messages - Loken - 08-27-2019

Preset messages should be disabled upon the next server restart. This decision was made as a response to over-reliance on the feature by some players in an attempt to bypass the server rules.

We welcome your feedback on this change.

Update: This is going to be averted, for now. Pending further discussion.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - SnakThree - 08-27-2019

So that will be used only by people with macros now.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Wesker - 08-27-2019

Disabling this feature enables traders and or other people trying to constantly cruise away from interaction. It is very difficult to type out roleplay notices (engagement or not) and to stop the person who is spamming cms and trying to cruise away. There are already several features of the game that are accepted that enable this sort of behavior, setmsgs are a balancing mechanic in that sense. The people abusing this to break the rules should be punished individually rather than stripping the mechanic from the collective who are not all using it maliciously.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Kalhmera - 08-27-2019

Really? This again?! What wesker said above sums it up.

Your punishing EVERYONE for a few people breaking the rules? Seems fair. all my set messages was full on great RP that ensured the player I was interacting with knew what I wanted. Now I am going to do the basic minimum RP because if I try and type more then that they have a chance to cruise off.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Jeremy Hunter - 08-27-2019

(08-27-2019, 07:33 PM)Wesker Wrote: Disabling this feature enables traders and or other people trying to constantly cruise away from interaction. It is very difficult to type out roleplay notices (engagement or not) and to stop the person who is spamming cms and trying to cruise away. There are already several features of the game that are accepted that enable this sort of behavior, setmsgs are a balancing mechanic in that sense. The people abusing this to break the rules should be punished individually rather than stripping the mechanic from the collective who are not all using it maliciously.

I'm with Wesker on this. With how many traders tend to act, this was the balance. Not everyone can type super fast.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Lythrilux - 08-27-2019

This has been disabled in the past with similar justification except in green. It was poorly reccived, and largely agreed to be a bad change. I feel the same way here, this is unnecessary and has no benefit. The pros of this feature far outweigh the cons and I seriously doubt disabling it will make a significant difference in the rules being broken.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Kalhmera - 08-27-2019

(08-27-2019, 07:38 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: it will make a significant difference in the rules being broken.
If anything more reports will come out of it for "to little RP"

RE: Disabling Set Messages - Ice Princess - 08-27-2019

Is it time for ANGER and WRATH nomad-engagement lines again? This will just encourage people to use the shortest 2-liners possible before they start RPing with guns.

RE: Disabling Set Messages - kerfy - 08-27-2019

don't you guys have more important things to do ? .. lol

RE: Disabling Set Messages - teschy - 08-27-2019

(08-27-2019, 07:42 PM)Ice Princess Wrote: Is it time for ANGER and WRATH nomad-engagement lines again? This will just encourage people to use the shortest 2-liners possible before they start RPing with guns.

At least those two liners will be original, and not some preset messages that nobody wants to see. If I wanted preset messages I'd play singleplayer with NPCs.