Discovery Gaming Community
Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs (/showthread.php?tid=173371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Xalrok - 09-08-2019

We understand that there has been much confusion regarding the present state of Gallia during its transitional period. We believe it is important that players understand the following meta-information:

Discovery Development Team Wrote:- Gallia will remain a house, and will not completely fracture into multiple splinter states.
- Gallia's corporations will remain Gallic corporations, not become Republique, Duchy, Minarchy, or Enclave corporations.
- Gallia will retain unified police, naval, and intelligence forces, first in provisional form, and later ratified as official national forces.
- Gallia is currently expected to use Redemptions, not Valors, as its primary battleship. The Valor, Triumph, and Warwolf techs belong to the Enclave.

In an effort to maintain an overarching set of in-rules roles for the house of Gallia, we have altered the following IDs:

Discovery Development Team Wrote:Gallic Royal Police ID -> Provisional Gallic Police ID - This ID will serve as the ID for any player who wants to fill a police role in Gallia until an official police force is formed.

Council ID -> Provisional Gallic Navy ID - This ID will serve as the ID for any player who wants to fill a Navy role in Gallia until an official navy is formed.

Gallic Royal Intelligence ID -> Provisional Gallic Intelligence ID - This ID will serve as the for any player who wants to fill an Intel role in Gallia until an Intelligence Service is formed.

Player factions are advised not to use these provisional factions as a basis upon which to form their lore, as they exist as temporary stopgap measures in lieu of permanent IDs.

All three of these IDs will possess 100% powercore with all Council ships, the GRN gunboat, and all GRN fighters and bombers.

All ID related changes will be live on the server as of next restart.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Enkidu - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 08:42 PM)Xalrok Wrote: We understand that there has been much confusion regarding the present state of Gallia during its transitional period. We believe it is important that players understand the following meta-information:

Discovery Development Team Wrote:- Gallia will remain a house, and will not completely fracture into multiple splinter states.
- Gallia's corporations will remain Gallic corporations, not become Republique, Duchy, Minarchy, or Enclave corporations.
- Gallia will retain unified police, naval, and intelligence forces, first in provisional form, and later ratified as official national forces.
- Gallia is currently expected to use Redemptions, not Valors, as its primary battleship. The Valor, Triumph, and Warwolf techs belong to the Enclave.

In an effort to maintain an overarching set of in-rules roles for the house of Gallia, we have altered the following IDs:

Discovery Development Team Wrote:Gallic Royal Police ID -> Provisional Gallic Police ID - This ID will serve as the ID for any player who wants to fill a police role in Gallia until an official police force is formed.

Council ID -> Provisional Gallic Navy ID - This ID will serve as the ID for any player who wants to fill a Navy role in Gallia until an official navy is formed.

Gallic Royal Intelligence ID -> Provisional Gallic Intelligence ID - This ID will serve as the for any player who wants to fill an Intel role in Gallia until an Intelligence Service is formed.

Player factions are advised not to use these provisional factions as a basis upon which to form their lore, as they exist as temporary stopgap measures in lieu of permanent IDs.

All three of these IDs will possess 100% powercore with all Council ships, the GRN gunboat, and all GRN fighters and bombers.

All ID related changes will be live on the server as of next restart.

Very helpful.

Is there a list of what factions and political entities exist in Gallia right now, so we can start playing as them? This all seems fascinating but there's no common repository of information - I read every single bit of lore on the forums and I have *no idea* what groups even exist apart from the Minarchy. I can imagine people who read less are even more confused.

Please give us something unified to read. I really want to start RPing as one of these subgroups. Thanks!

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Madvillain - 09-08-2019

Let's be honest, it's a bit of a mess.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Catbert - 09-08-2019

My summary from MRG Discord:
- Council (Gallic Republic) controlling Picardy, Orleanais and Champagne.
- Duchy (nobles who sided with a Duke) controlling Lorraine and Burgundy. They have a ceasefire with the Council.
- Minarchy (Unione Corse thing) controlling Provence, and maybe Languedoc + Dauphine soon.
- Gallic Royal Enclave (Edinburgh, Orkney, Roussillon) fighting against Council, Duchy, Bretonia, Liberty, Crayter.

Apparently, according to this thread, the status quo will change soon, and only Gallia (in whatever form) and GRE will remain.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Lythrilux - 09-08-2019

This is less confusing than I first thought, but I still think this is needlessly complex vs a more simple post-war outcome for Gallia.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Lanakov - 09-08-2019

Nevermind.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Kalhmera - 09-08-2019

Honestly I thought once this war was over that the devs can focus on other parts of sirius. Looking at all this it seems the devs will be working on Gallia for months to come. Very unmotivating and perhaps I could be wrong and I hope I am.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Bannorn - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 10:43 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: Honestly I thought once this war was over that the devs can focus on other parts of sirius. Looking at all this it seems the devs will be working on Gallia for months to come. Very unmotivating and perhaps I could be wrong and I hope I am.

Well that is the stated intention of the dev team.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Miaou - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 10:43 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: Honestly I thought once this war was over that the devs can focus on other parts of sirius. Looking at all this it seems the devs will be working on Gallia for months to come. Very unmotivating and perhaps I could be wrong and I hope I am.

imagine mistaking a few posts explaining how things will be working now while they work in the background to change everything, as working and focusing on Gallia for months in the future.

RE: Future of Gallia and Changes to Gallic Lawful IDs - Durandal - 09-09-2019

For what it's worth I agree with you Kalh, I'm 110% ready to be done with this thing. But, like, also, not gonna leave a part of the mod broken/loose ends with the war hanging. It'll be done before the month is out.