Discovery Gaming Community
Rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Rules (/showthread.php?tid=173425)

Pages: 1 2

Rules - Liberty.In - 09-11-2019

Quote:4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for one hour. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
  • Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for one hour.
  • Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for one hour.

It should be changed on:

Quote:4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for one hour. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
  • Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for one hour.
  • Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for one hour.
  • Cannot attack other player(s)/interact with them in the nearest systems at a distance of two jumps.

Change my mind.

P.S.: If you think that a reasonable person will not do this to create new rules because of this, then I am ready to convince you (translate-google here, sry for English).

RE: Rules - Loken - 09-11-2019

Why?

RE: Rules - Liberty.In - 09-11-2019

Because there are those people who are not enough to die once.

They go to the neighboring system, where his killers were and re-enter the battle.

RE: Rules - Miaou - 09-11-2019

Someone who dies in a fight can't interact with any of those in said fight for an hour though. What are you on about?

(09-11-2019, 02:12 PM)Miaou Wrote: Someone who dies in a fight can't interact with any of those in said fight for an hour though. What are you on about?

I’m talking about situations where people interact outside the system where they died. And with the very same who killed them. Without 1 hour btw.

Perhaps I am mistaken in something, but the rules have no specifics. In my opinion, at least.

Quote:Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for one hour.

This is apart of the rules you posted. This means if someone dies in a fight, they can not return to said fight or interact with anyone hostile in said fight for one hour. It does not matter if they moved to a different system or not.

(09-11-2019, 02:17 PM)Miaou Wrote:
Quote:Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for one hour.

This is apart of the rules you posted. This means if someone dies in a fight, they can not return to said fight or interact with anyone hostile in said fight for one hour. It does not matter if they moved to a different system or not.

Maybe Imma mistake, but...

Where it's noticed in actual rules? Due to my small experience in the game and average knowledge in English, I can be mistaken in my arguments. I would like to have a quote in the existing rules. Just to understand how it works.

RE: Rules - Kaze - 09-11-2019

• Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for one hour

The last point of the list means they cannot attack the player/players that killed for an hour.. everywhere. As there is no limitation in systems placed in that sentence.

<3

Igiss Wrote: Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP PvP rules:

4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for one hour.
Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for one hour.

I've quoted and highlighted the rule clause that is relevant to your concern.

What this means is if someone dies, said dead player can not attack those who were involved with killing them for one hour. There is no limitation on where the killing players go, so if they move to a different system, those who died must still avoid them there. If someone is reengaging into a fight or interacting with the people who killed them before an hour is up, regardless of system, that is against the rules.

I mean something else.

If someone killed you, can you attack your killers in another system? For example, at a distance of one or two jumps from the system where you were killed? (srry, due to the fact that I did not update the topic - the answer went right after the last message).

Is it possible that the rules should indicate an example, thanks to which players would understand where there is a violation and where it is not?