Discovery Gaming Community
LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: LAN server: Probs with the mining feature (/showthread.php?tid=173430)

LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Haddock - 09-11-2019

Hello,

I have a lot of fun discovering the Discovery MOD on my LAN server; but I have found an issue with mining in this MOD. Except of the helium mining in Pensylvenia I‘m not able to get more than 1 or 2 pieces of ore in other mining fields.

In detail:
I was following the mining tutorial and some YT videos, and IMHO my character and ship are fulfilling all the conditions. For example mining Nobioum in TAU23:

- ship type correct for the type of ore
- mining lasers at the correct locations on ship
- correct ID card of the faction (IMG)
- and the IFF full right and green for the faction (IMG)

Also I‘m so close to the boje in the center of the mining area that I would be able to read the serial number if it would be printed on the surface of the boje. But it doesn't matter how much of the small rocks I was shooting with the mining lasers, always there are only 1 or 2 pieces of ore found in the cargo.

Same issue when attempting mining in Okinawa for Helium-3 for the GMG. The only thing I noticed in difference to a YT video is that my "favorite faction" (= IMG in that case) isn't in the last place of the list. The IMG entry is fully green up to the right side but below them there is an entry of the "Freelancer" faction which is blinking in yellow. Did this have any influence?

Other questions about the issue:

- Several articles in the Wiki are noted as outdated. Did things changed for mining I don’t know?
- Did I something wrong?
- Is there a bug in 4.91 Parch 5, maybe?
- Are there generally differences to the LAN server?

Any idea will be appreciated. TIA.

Regards
Haddock

RE: LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Picture added - Haddock - 09-12-2019

Hello!

I've attached a collage to showing some details of that mining issue. These 4 pictures are showing:

#1 The IFF list is showing the IMG at full right as needed. But watch the last entry of the Freelancers where the Name is blinking yellow/green. Is this a normal behavior because I didn't see this in any YT video about mining in Discovery MOD.

#2 You can see the IMG ID is correct.

#3 The correct mining lasers and locations onboard of the "Hegemon", also we are staying close to the boje marker of the mining area.

#4 The look in the cargo hold with only 1 unit of Niobium Ore after lots of hits.

Isn't mining working on LAN server at all?

Haddock

RE: LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Udarus - 09-12-2019

Your IFF (IMG) should be blinking yellow. Not IIF Freelancer.
Write the command /droprep in console
Your char must have at least 350 000 credits for do this.
Then you must re-log for changes to take effect.

RE: LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Haddock - 09-12-2019

(09-12-2019, 09:35 AM)Udarus Wrote: Your IFF (IMG) should be blinking yellow. Not IIF Freelancer.
[...]

Thanks a lot. I'll try it this evening.

Haddock

RE: LAN server: Probs with the mining feature - Haddock - 09-12-2019

Thx Udarus,

it is working right now. That was the important clue I've missed. Thanks again.

Another question:
Every hit will load a different amount of ore in the cargo hold. Is this amount random, or it is depending from other things, like e.g. amount of lasers, distance to the small rocks when shooting etc. ?

Regard
Haddock