Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. (/showthread.php?tid=173543)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Enkidu - 09-15-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: IWRFCzX.jpg?1]
GEIST Asset: Alecto

Incoming Transmission
[Image: YYaq0dT.gif]
Ridrrs

To: The Lane Hackers.
From: GEIST Agent Alecto. I am the cross-border contact for sensitive matters.
Subject: An offer, and a whisper.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

[Image: ZzmBegq.gif]
[Image: mXm1eF2.png][Image: 815RE16.jpg?1][Image: MJoeIL3.png]
[Image: xeOMWyu.gif]

The syndicalist on the screen appears slightly better dressed than the average Unionist - you're surprised to see him on the viewscreen. He's plugged into a fairly recognisable Libertonian neuralnet cortical interface and appears completely detached from his surroundings. A Lane Hacker would recognise the technology immediately, although it's slightly less... miniaturised... than a Lane Hacker would feel comfortable with. He looks cosmopolitan, and comfortably middle-class; likely a Rheinland urbanite from New Berlin, one of the New Guard of Unioners who had achieved the near wonderous feet of transforming Vierlande from a prison complex into a drydock within a matter of months. You wonder how many men like him were required to discourage the upper echelons of the Rheinland military from blowing Rheinland's own Bastille Day apart.

"Hackers."

He pauses, adjusting a wire attached to his ear that spliced the Libertonian and Rheinlandic systems together with a liberal application of Unioner greebles. You wonder if it goes all the way to his brain.

"Allies."

"The Unioners have enjoyed a substantial boost to our shipyard capacity of late. One good turn deserves another; The hackers have been more than helpful to our organisation in the past, and we have a surplus of available drydock space."

"The Hamburg and Beringia cells are interested to see if the Lane Hackers would desire technical assistance, be it in the construction or redevelopment of a ship, hardware fabrication, or other technical project. We're offering our services free of charge, or compensation. We're uploading footage of our new gantries as we speak; they're tailored according to technical inspiration acquired through the Zurich passage. a vast wet-dock, beyond the cruiser-scale production plants of Pacifica. A diversified economy, no longer reliant upon one point of failure. We learned our lessons well."

"On another note, there's a new faction that has claimed the Tarrafal in Bering; they're calling themselves the 'Bereft'. They're aggressive - even for the militants; somebody may be funding them as proxies Considering the number of enemies and friends we both have in the region, it may be in our common interest to scope for answers on either side of the border. Your contacts in Liberty run deeper than ours."

"Bering. The system remains vital with the discovery of a new connective passage between Unioner core patrol routes and the northern Liberty independent worlds. In that void, a new breed of Militants have developed. The movement seems... populist. Antimilitarist. They may be trying to carve out an anarchistic microstate in the vacumn the Unioners have fought so long to keep devoid of flags. This is either positive for the region or extremely threatening, depending upon who they reach out to first, and who is the first to supply them with artillery. A great many people have died for that border. Bering. A system of desolate silicate rocks that may never accrete into barren planets, yet it is ever increasingly the gateway to the underworld. From Liberty, to Rheinland, and now, perhaps, to Kusari itself."

"We're turning over our comm data with the Bereft to help your movement build a profile. I'm told the provocateur will enjoy watching Frei drinking on camera."

"If you find anything, even circumstantial information that may link to the Bereft, we ask you to send it back to us."

[Image: 2KXAZrh.jpg?1]

The Implacable Ear
Neuralsign 'Alecto'
GEIST exo-cellular directorate body.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-16-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Maximillian.Largo.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 74a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13i.png][Image: 23i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Greetings to the Unioners. Deceiver Maximillian Largo, speaking.

The Lane Hackers thank you for sharing the communication this 'Bereft' sent you - indeed, the emergence of a new and much more aggressive Zoner Militant movement might be a nuisance should they start to interfere with our operations.

I have personally moved to the Freeport in order to acquire more detailed information regarding this movement - should we find pieces of information the Professorship deems important, we will share them with you.

As for your shipyard surplus: while we appreciate the gesture, as of now we do not require additional shipyard space for our ships to be built; however, we will contact you in said regard should it become necessary.

Salutations,
Maximillian Largo
...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-20-2019

...uploading.data...

Greetings again to the Unioners.

I did some digging around in regards to the Bereft, and it turned out that the Xeno Alliance has met this 'Bereft' already and is willing to share its information with us, at the right price.

Given the fact that such information might be valuable for us, and that the Xenos require a just compensation, I have quantified it in a monetary payment for the total sum of 20 million credits. If you accept the compensation, please forward the cash to Maximillian.Largo.

I also ask you if you wish to let the Xenos know that the money came from you or not.

Awaiting your reply.

Salutations,
Maximillian Largo

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-21-2019

...uploading.data...

...boosting.signal...retransmitting.message....

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-23-2019

...uploading.data...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-25-2019

...uploading.data...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-27-2019

...uploading.data...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Zyliath - 09-27-2019

[...]

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Enkidu - 09-27-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: IWRFCzX.jpg?1]
GEIST Asset: Alecto

Incoming Transmission
[Image: YYaq0dT.gif]
Ridrrs

To: The Lane Hackers.
From: GEIST Agent Alecto. I am the cross-border contact for sensitive matters.
Subject: An offer, and a whisper.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

[Image: ZzmBegq.gif]
[Image: mXm1eF2.png][Image: 815RE16.jpg?1][Image: MJoeIL3.png]
[Image: xeOMWyu.gif]

He appears to be mulling over the transmission.

"Aha, good."

Alect winces. He appears to be in moderate pain as his communicator flashes green, as if he had been stung by a wasp - a wasp holding a taser.

"All data will be of exceptional use to us. Fantastic work. I'll make a profit retailing this to the directorate."

"I'm going to wire the credits within several hours. I would make the personal point that keeping the sender of the credits secret from the Xenos would be more useful at this present time. Of course, if you do inform the Xenos, it might further the co-operation in Kansas."

"I'd like to make a personal observation."

"The Unioners and the Xenos are competitors in the underworld economy and are ancestral opponents. The moment each side isn't useful to the other, they're almost certainly going to go for each other's throats - Xenos detest foreigners, especially criminal foreigners, and the Unioners see the Xenos as class traitors who bat for the the wrong wallets, of course - but mostly competition on the same patch of independent systems, trading in the same ill-gotten goods. There's nothing more laughable than a Pirate's promise."

"Both sides have interest in the Hudson and Laptev systems. I'm just an earpiece - but I would bet credits that no bookie would match that both the Pacifica Unioners and the Eastern Xenos have contingency plans that are going to come into play the moment our common interest in the Commonwealth ceases to be a larger threat than each other. There's already an expectation that if the Xenos find the ALU's artifact transports they'd blow them out of the sky and put the blame on the police, truce or no."

"Hopefully the current state of affairs created by the Lane Hackers between the Xenos and the northern Unions will last till all common objectives are complete. Perhaps longer; there is profit in unity, even with strange bedfellows sharing the same sheets."

"I am sure there's a few independently minded Unioner cells out there who have their own plans regarding the Xenos. Plans that generally involve ignoring the Direktorate."

"I expect the Hackers will profit from that status quo when it comes back around. I'll try to myself. Rivalries are good for business, and nobody knows infighting like the poor. They're very much cut of the same cloth, Xenos and Unioners."

[Image: 2KXAZrh.jpg?1]

The Implacable Ear
Neuralsign 'Alecto'
GEIST exo-cellular directorate body.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers. From: GEIST Agent Alecto, Syndicate Leagues. Subject enclosed. - Maximillian Largo - 09-30-2019

...uploading.data...

Greetings again to the Unioners.

Ah, excellent news. I was concerned that you had issues over neural net comms due to the delay, but I'm pleased to see my worries were misplaced.

I'll be awaiting the wired cash on Maximillian.Largo as planned.

Salutations,
Maximillian Largo