Discovery Gaming Community
Open Broadcast to all whom listen - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: Open Broadcast to all whom listen (/showthread.php?tid=173577)

Open Broadcast to all whom listen - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 09-17-2019

[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]

Bretonian national anthem plays as the camera cuts to Queen Carina sitting before a fireplace

To all people of Bretonia, and our friends and allies from differing skies,

The last decade has been a long, arduous road. We have been tried and tested at every turn. We have faced hardships, heartbreak and loss. Nobody knows better the loss we have faced than the immeasurably brave men and women who have fought in countless battles over the last 9 years.

Finally, we reach a turning point. Finally we see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whilst this war is by no means yet over, we, the free people of Sirius, find ourselves at a point that we may begin to look inwards. Whilst the stalwart defenders of the varied militaries, police forces and intelligence agencies protect our borders and continue to contain the remaining Gallic forces, we can look to our own. This is a time to rebuild. This is a time to grow. This is a time for us all to prosper, and I hope the new Gallic Government will join me in supporting this newer, freer Sirius.

As well as looking forward, we must also look back. We must never forget the sacrifice of countless men and women, both military and civilian, in not just Bretonia but across the sector. There are countless individuals and groups that have aided us, and I would like to touch on but a few for a moment.

To start, I would like to thank the Crayter Republic. We may have a colourful past that has seen us differ at times, but the courage of your people and the assistance of your military has not gone unnoticed.

To the Council, whilst recent developments have seen us disagree, your struggle against the tyranny of King Charles, and to free your people is the noblest of causes. I hope you may form a government that drives forward this era of peace and prosperity for both of our peoples.

To the Empire of Kusari, the emergence of the Gallic Royal Navy put a swift end to our own fight, and your people suffered greatly in those early days. We played host to a number of your people for some time, and I am gladdened to see that trade was able to resume between our houses. Your support economically allowed us to hold out ever longer so that the Allied Forces could work together to achieve the result we find today. It is my hope that moving forward our relationship may continue to grow, and that our respective governments will work to ensure we both prosper as we did years before.

To the Federal Republic of Rheinland, when the Gallic Navy invaded Cortez and Magellan, we thought ourselves cut off, only to find you more than willing to fulfill our needs. When the brutal slaughter of the people of New London and Leeds occurred, your people did not hesitate to offer their support. Your corporations brought us aid at no expense to my people or my government. Your support is an example we can all strive to live by. I hope that I might be able to visit your noble house soon to thank you in person.

Finally, to our long standing friends in Liberty. Our close allies who have supported us by way of vessels to fight with, material to build and repair, and most importantly, the lives of your own brave men and women. You have lost almost as much as Bretonia has, and that shall not go unnoticed. You stood by our side in our darkest hour, and stood firm, shoulder to shoulder, as our combined forces drove back the Gallic attacks on New London. Many from both of our nations have paid the ultimate price, and there are not words enough to express our thanks. However, I must try. For now, I wish to invite President Powell and Fleet Admiral Jason Hirlerman for a state visit to extend my personal thanks. Together we shall remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to defend us all, and look to forging a future that shall make them proud. We will remember them, every one.

Words will never be enough for everything we have all endured, and lost, but I hope this may be the start of that journey to heal the wounds inflicted by this terrible war.

However, before I leave you to continue your day, I would make one final statement. To the people of Gallia. What remains of your leadership. On behalf of all people in Sirius, I demand you return all prisoners of war, all captured civilians, all those that you have captured throughout your conquests be returned to Bretonia immediately. We shall arrange their return to their homes.

To King Charles, turn yourself in. You are a war criminal and you will answer for your crimes. The attack on Planet Leeds was abhorrent, and cannot go unanswered for. You will be brought before the courts and tried for your crimes. This is not, nor ever will be, negotiable. Turn yourself in, and free your people from this self destructive path.

Today we begin to forge a better future. A better tomorrow, for those who remain, and for our children set to follow us. I hope you will join me.

To people across the stars, I thank you.