Discovery Gaming Community
Sun & Moon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Sun & Moon (/showthread.php?tid=173652)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sun & Moon - Dark_Knight - 09-21-2019

Erie

It is a cold and peaceful morning on Erie, cold winds occasionally blowing through. Sun has found herself in one of the many metroplexes of the planet, calmly doing her routine Tai Chi whilst in her orange and red Buddhist robes. Her bare feet touching the Erie grass below her. She seems at peace with herself, her movements fluid and methodical it is a form of meditation for her. Her long days in space and the edge worlds have made her miss the house spaces, so taking a small break on one of the more populous cities does bring Sun happiness and above all mindfulness.

Her thoughts dwell on the dangerous situations she has been in, and how she has avoided death itself so far. Many people have questioned the actions of Sun Koken, but she knows in her heart and mind that are non-violent ways are the correct ways even if it leads to her current existence ending. For Sun, death is merely an ending to her current existence, she believes wholeheartedly that she would be reborn in her hopes to Nirvana and her fears to Naraka. She has seen destruction and death, people clambering to fight one another for scraps. Her old life on Junyo, her lost daughter. Sun carries with her, the burden of memories but also the strength of forgiveness.

All of that seems so distant to her at this moment, now she just enjoys the feeling of sunlight on her head, the cold wind against her robes and above all else the grass between her feet. She has attracted some onlookers, Sun's appearance being very conspicuous on the Liberty planet. Sun just does a brief smile at some of the onlookers, hoping that they are not angered by her appearance or what she is currently doing.

RE: Sun & Moon - Hemlocke - 09-21-2019

On this chilled day, in such a law-bound area of Erie, it would seem all just wasn't right. Sun could feel his 'eye' boring into the back of her neck, What little the gathered crowd knew of the monster lurking just out of earshot. Sun knew such a dreadful feeling well, he made quite the impression the last time they spoke, considering he nearly slit her throat and all. The figure that was obviously Hemlocke was leaned back against a tree not far from Sun, watching her in silence as the wind blew. To cover the very recognizable eye, there was hospital cloth and gauze over it as if he had just been released from eye surgery. His long flowing hair braided back and died a dirty blonde, and clean shaven. Dressed in a grey hoodie, blue jeans and boots he seemed entirely unarmed. How he'd found his way onto Erie at this specific time and somehow managed to find Sun as well was a bit of an enigma in and of itself.

RE: Sun & Moon - Dark_Knight - 09-21-2019

Sun finishes her movements, she immediately notices the cold stare of Hemlocke knowing all too well his murderous gaze, she thinks back on the meeting at the diner and how she committed herself to dieing for her religion, yet at that time when Hemlocke nearly killed her she found such serenity and strength within herself. She was reminded of the ancient tales of self-immolation by monks in protest, how they can be so peaceful in death. Of course Sun knows that her death is merely a ending to her current existence, and that she would be reborn. She takes a deep breath and approaches the figure, speaking in her peaceful way with her hands together infront of her in prayer and with her wide friendly smile "Hello, Friend." she says knowing that he is wanted "Have you come back for another enlightening conversation?" she adds, cocking her head to the side.

Hemlocke as per usual, observed all of her movement rapidly, taking note of it in his mind, then stared directly into her own eyes, being silent for a few more moments as he thought of a way to respond. "Didn't have a particular reason to come here, I'm just here." It would seem Hemlocke was lost in some capacity, something had happened that made him walk among the normal people of Erie, entirely unarmed for the single first time in his life. He watched Sun in absolute, calm and deadly silence as he awaited the monk's retort.

Sun doesn't believe that statement but keeps her opinions within her mind, keeping a cool and calm demeanour with the killer. She does a small Buddhist bow towards him speaking in her serene way "Ah, no reason? Well, I to follow the eb and flow of the cosmic nature. My Serenity vessel is undergoing a refit, so I had some time to pass and what better way to pass the time then spend it on solid ground, with real gravity, real grass and real skies" she states keep her hands entwined within her, she still has a small scar from their last meeting but it doesn't seem to bother her.

As Sun described the realism of the actual soil they tread upon, Hemlocke's gaze idly wandered away, staring off into the distance silently with arms crossed over his chest. Remaining quiet until she finished talking, she had every reason not to trust the things he said, but Hemlocke wasn't a liar and never had been. His lips parted as his un-naturally smooth tone emerged. "What would you do if you suddenly found yourself upon a rock, being eroded away piece by piece as you're forced to watch with no escape. As everything around you begins to turn to dust, and all you can hear is the venomous voices of those taking a final strike at you from that dust rang through your head like a symphony of sickness and intentions gone awry?"

Sun stares back at the cold eyes of Hemlocke, she remains quiet and interested as Hemlocke surprisingly for her seems to ask a philosophical question. She thinks for a long time on the question, rubbing her chin in thought before she responds in a kind way "Hm, already asking the hard questions well me personally? I would try to find peace in the end settle my karma within myself before facing what is to come. If it is truly the end, then I welcome it with open arms if I believe myself to be moving forward in the next life".

Hemlocke's gaze remind locked into the vast distance of Erie, not looking at Sun, it was however somewhat of a philosophical question right off the bat for someone who seemingly wouldn't think about anything other than his next victim. He responded casually. "I've always bared my teeth in defiance of death, my sheer willpower is one of my most defining traits, I just refuse to die. Some admire it, others... well... you already know which side of the law I tread upon." He let out a soft sigh and closed his eye, head tilting downward a bit as he cycled through the many thoughts flooding his mind. "As you already know, Sun. People have a habit of dying at a very young age, walking the same path I do. I find myself, staring down the barrel of my old age. I'm questioning everything, gazing out at the stars for hours on end, Hell, I even fell in love with someone just as crazy and murderous as myself. But I'm not doing any of this intentionally, I'd love to just keep dredging along through the pits of this hell we call 'life', taking things at face value and not thinking there's a larger picture and deeper meaning behind every grain of sand, but I just... can't." His gaze finally broke from the horizon and turned back to Sun, For the very first time, Sun Koken, in this moment, was the first person to ever truly see into Hemlocke's battered and battle scarred soul, a fiery gateway of emotion opened up within his eye like Pandora's box. He stared silently at Sun, every ounce of pain, every emotion, every shred of doubt and fear layed bear for her experienced eye to witness, this was Hemlocke, A chaotic whirlwind of held back emotions, multiple personalities lost within the sea of blood that has marred his very existence much like the deep gash running through his face. "I'm trying to come to terms with the fact I don't know how any of this ends, or what's next, in the grand scheme of things I served no purpose. So why do I even exist in the first place?"

Sun listens intently, watching every movement of Hemlocke's features and listening to every word with keen interest, sympathy and mindfulness. She puts her hands together, her orange robes flowing in the cold winds and speaks again in her serene manner "Ah, the age old question of existence well I believe that all beings have lived and died and been reborn countless times. Over and over again they have experienced the indescribable end. Wandering endlessly in a limitless haze, there is an underlying motive to make themselves feel better and if it ends up making them feel worse, they think there is something wrong with themselves. It is merely the passing of cyclic existence, life, death and rebirth. What you are experiencing is natural, but I also believe you are coming to terms with what you are. You are finding a question, deep within your mind which is what will happen to you when there is no more enemies to fight." she pauses and smiles holding out an open palm "Existence is suffering, Everything is transitory, including happiness, and so we should enjoy it while it is there and not cling to it. We see ourselves as permanent things. We cling to them without deeply understanding that all things, including ourselves, are impermanent. That leads to more suffering, I have found to not have much attachment, even to myself and my current life. I have no self, I have no ego." she paused waiting for Hemlocke to respond.

Hemlocke turned his gaze away once more as Sun went on another one of her 'enlightening' rants. Shaking his head a bit, a small smirk crossing his face. "I suppose asking an open ended question like that, I should have expected that response. So if everything's just living, to live again, what's the point of living at all if in the end nothing is accomplished and we all simply reset like faulty optronics."