Discovery Gaming Community
Sun & Moon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Sun & Moon (/showthread.php?tid=173652)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Sun & Moon - Dark_Knight - 09-21-2019

Sun smiles expecting Hemlocke to dismiss her religion ways, she responds in kind "To make sure you escape the cycle, be reborn into a higher plane of existence. To become something greater than yourself, to gain good karma and help who you can where you can. That is how I see it, it may seem fulfilling with the knowledge I have but I have found happiness in speaking to others and learning from there thoughts. Even yourself, friend." she does her smile again "As a Buddhist once said all that we are is the result of what we have thought. It is founded on our thoughts. It is made up of our thoughts" she finishes quoting before continuing "And I am content in that, is there anything you would like to do?" she asks

RE: Sun & Moon - Hemlocke - 09-21-2019

Hemlocke simply listened to how Sun viewed the world or universe, rather. He'd asked her all the questions he had about Buddhism when they met upon Bethlehem for that brief yet exciting morning. Except one. "Do the sins of one incarnation have any bearing upon the next?" He held a deep eye contact with Sun now, as if he was attempting to detect deceit despite the fact Neither Sun nor himself were liars.

Sun frowns a little at that question, she answers in her honesty and kindness "Bad Karma, that one does will affect the next life yes but atonement can bring good karma. To end that lifestyle can counteract the bad karma. Redemption is a powerful force for Buddhists, I told you of Aṅgulimāla and the forgiveness that Buddha gave him. That even a man who has killed thousands can be redeemed in the eyes of Buddhism." she has a peaceful smile "Are you concerned about your rebirth, Friend?" she isn't using his name still, probably out of politeness or perhaps to not arouse possible suspicion.

"Why would I be concerned over something I don't believe in." He stated plainly, standing back up from his leaned position against the tree, letting his arms drop to his sides and turning to face Sun. "Call it curiosity. As to what I wish to do, I don't know. Probably why i'm here in the first place, have something in mind?"

Sun lets out a small amused sigh and chuckle "You do not have to believe, I believe for you." she looks around the park for things to do, taking in the air "I always find a walk is nice at this time of day, perhaps pick up some food along the way whilst we discuss the intricacies of life and existence." she states with a small nod "That I will find pleasing."

"Altruism gets people killed, Sun. Though I suppose those legally blinded by faith don't have much of an issue with that." His voice had taken on a mocking tone, though not entirely unexpected. He turned his back to Sun and began walking through the park silently with her, now that the braid was facing her, she could see the many roses entwined within the long braid that reached down to just below his mid back, hands in his pockets as he watches the birds fly by. "You never really gave me details on what your life was like before you became a monk, I understand it's much like my own, but I am unfamiliar with the kusari underground and how it operates, at least on ground level."

RE: Sun & Moon - Dark_Knight - 09-22-2019

Sun puts her hands behind her back, she doesn't get angry or saddened by the mockery just responding in her kind and peaceful fashion "Blinded? Ah, maybe. I see much more clearly then I did when I was younger." she walks with her hands behind her she admires Hemlocke's braid it is quite beautiful for someone so deadly to style themselves in such a way. She makes a comment "Your braid, it is aesthetically beautiful." she states in her neutral and peaceful fashion. She takes in a breath as she hears the question of her past she nods speaking in truth "I would not say like your own, I did kill people for money and I did enjoy doing such things. To gain material things, and to provide for myself and eventually others" she thinks on her daughter briefly, those beady brown eyes looking at her.

Sun takes a deep quiet breath after that, she speaks again continuing whilst admiring the park "I was an atmospheric smuggler, using atmo-ships to ferry things back and forth between the artificial islands and Ishizuki Peninsula. Junyo is a planet of fishing, but it is also a planet of corporate greed. 30 Million people live on scraps of land created by Samura and the only positions are fishing and Algae farming. I was an Algae farmer growing up, my parents paid protection money to the gangs at that time. Eventually I exchanged, myself instead of money..." she looks over towards Hemlocke, she takes a deep breath and a sad smile "Courtesan they called it, life was good then you could lie down and think you are doing it for your family and eventually you, progress. You find yourself being hired to poison someone and then you grow from there after all what is stabbing to poisoning, what is slitting someone's throat to stabbing? You make rules with yourself, never do this and never do that but by the end you break them all." she does another deep breath looking out at the sky and buildings as they walk along the park, her wooden sandals being audible. She takes another deep breath and lets Hemlocke process her words.

RE: Sun & Moon - Hemlocke - 09-22-2019

Hemlocke didn't turn back to look at her, remaining silent as she commented on his braid, and spoke of her past. He let out a sigh after the description. Sun's past life wasn't like his at all, still a life of crime, but nowhere near as bloody and brutal, she still had morals and a family she was doing it all for. His throat cleared for a moment, turning a bit, walking backwards as he looked at sun, his lips parting before that same smooth, ear-candy voice returned. "So you did it for money and family. I did it because I loved watching the life drain from their eyes as they bled out on the floor after a gruesome wound. The thrill of firefights and carnage. I didn't have anyone to protect, I made my number every week for the rogues and nobody started beef with me, eventually I started going lone wolf and killing only for myself. The "Rose" in my name came from that, where I would stuff thorned roses down my victim's throat after they... expired. The local florists and I had an interesting relationship."

A sickening grin crossed his face as a thought crossed his mind. "I never had a family i'm afraid. I was abandoned at birth because I wasn't what they wanted, You see. I was an experiment, my father wanted the perfect son, the people he was doing it for wanted the perfect killer. One of them got what they wanted, Presented at birth I had none of the genetic markers that their experiments had succeeded, so my father came down from his high tower in Manhattan and dropped me in the slums."

Hemlocke wasn't able to finish his thought as he tripped backward over a tree root and landed hard on the ground, he didn't make a sound or growl, just staring up at the sky as he lay in the grass silently. It took him a moment to sit up and let out a sigh. "That tower became his downfall, I looked up at it everyday from the Underbelly, Hatred boiled every second I couldn't tear that man apart. Eventually I got the guts to break into the tower, heavily guarded I had to fight my way all the way to his fancy room, it had a truly massive window that overlooked almost the entire northern end of Manhattan. I shot the glass, watched it tumble down on my father and mother while they slept, it cut them to pieces, their screams seemed like an end to a bad nightmare. I suspect there's someone else like me out there somewhere. As I presume my brother was sleeping in a crib at the far end of the room when I arrived. Police swarmed the area and my sweet revenge lead to my capture."

RE: Sun & Moon - Dark_Knight - 09-22-2019

Sun stares at him, she doesn't come across as afraid, upset or angry at Hemlocke as he lists off the crimes what he did before. She seems, almost uncaring in a way but there is an underlying feeling in her soul, that she is talking to an animal, a beast that perhaps can be tamed. She has a lot of heart for the monster beside her, even if he did commit such heinous crimes that she should rightly report him. Yet she can't bring herself, there is something about Buddha's teachings in facing fear, in facing brutality and understanding it to bring good karma. Sun is sure of herself, but she is also no fool and knows that her next words must be chosen carefully. She takes a deep breath, watching Hemlocke tumble to the ground with a raised eyebrow, she sits down next to him cross-legged looking over speaking with peaceful serenity "You did all that, to satisfy an urge, because it all you have ever known. I don't think you know kindness, because nobody was kind to you, we are all creatures of nurture in a way. My crimes are insignificant compared to yours. You watched people die, you enjoyed it...there is something deep within you that has brewed over many years to bring you to this point. Many crimes are committed by people 'punishing' their family, the neighbors, their acquaintances" Sun pauses, she smiles over to him speaking "I am the result of my own deed whatever deed I do, whether good or bad, I shall become heir to it." she quotes something again nodding towards her "And perhaps you have brought bad Karma, for you have tripped" she makes a quiet joke, just her peaceful smile on display.

RE: Sun & Moon - Hemlocke - 09-23-2019

Sun knew Hemlocke had an issue with personal space, but yet she had sat right up next to him anyway, he growled a bit in annoyance but seemingly he wasn't outwardly hostile, for whatever reason. He let out a slow exhale as Sun finished speaking and followed up her dangerous words with a jest. "I am the invention of corporate greed, shunned for being a malfunction, left to die for being worthless. That doesn't even bother me, Sun, I don't care. I was treated like the dirt under everyone's boots, and it made me strong, thick skinned. I proved to them I was far more capable than they thought I was. That doesn't bother me. To satisfy an urge? Of course it was, As you said I enjoy watching people die, when they realize everything they've done leading up to that moment was worthless as they die in the end, expire in their prime. I do what I do because I want too, not because of some ulterior motive in my mind."

He leaned forward a bit and rolled his shoulders, closing his eye as he thought for a few moments. "In a way you're right, in a way you're wrong and simply think you understand me, you perceive me in the way you wish too perceive me, write me off as doing these things for a specific reason as if there's good in me. Everyone is capable of good actions, Sun. But not everyone has good in their heart. Have I saved a few people's lives for no personal gain, yes. But how many more died simply because I willed it to be so? A tiny deed doesn't balance out the oceans of blood staining my existence."

He chuckled as he realized he'd played right into Sun's hand. "Perhaps it is, or it could be explained away by I simply wasn't watching where I was going."