Discovery Gaming Community
SJG - Council ex-General Assassinated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: SJG - Council ex-General Assassinated (/showthread.php?tid=173762)

SJG - Council ex-General Assassinated - Thyrzul - 09-27-2019

Service Journal Gaulois - 742 Septembre 25 Mercredi, 18:00 TNP

[Image: zFBvJ9U.png]
Council ex-General Assassinated!

Former Général-en-Chef of The Council Pierre LaFlamme has been shot down and killed shortly after 1:00 PM SMT in the Jardin des Champs-Élysées of Île-du-Palais, New Paris. According to his fiancée they were meant to meet in the park when the incident occurred. Provisional Police forces still investigate the case, suspecting the deadly shot came from the upper levels or the top of one of the skyscrapers surrounding the park, and issued a manhunt against an unknown suspect.

Pierre LaFlamme was one of the most prominent actors of the Second Gallic Civil War during the past decade. Born and grown up on Quillan, he joined The Gallic Council of National Freedom and Unity following the liberation of the planet, rose up quickly on the ranking ladder, and ended up leading the paramilitary revolutionary organisation two years later, all the way until the ceasefire of last month. The reorganisation of The Council's forces into the Provisional Navy, Police and Intelligence on behalf of the Republique de La Gaule made him a military and political advisor to President Orianne Castaignède until the new political structure of Gallia solidifies. Besides his military and diplomatic accomplishments as a General, some attribute him the humble decision to accept the offered ceasefire in the last battle over New Paris, but he never took credit for that. His last major role in shaping the political future of his nation was representing the Republique on the Leviathan Conference. Unfortunately he will not be present during the negotiations among the three Gallic states.

The slight chaos ongoing within Gallia during the current transition period makes the investigation of the Police difficult: until now they had to deal with a moderate increase in average crime rates, but major political and military figures were safe. LaFlamme's death creates an alarming precedent, prompting the increase of personal security for politicians, and makes way for various conspiracy theories. Even now a wide range of theories, from vengeful royalists through Enclave agents to dissatisfied maquisards, have sprung up, which will definitely not ease the still present tensions between the Gallic states.

President Castaignède expressed her condolences to LaFlamme's family and friends, noting his dedication for the betterment of Gallia. Grand Duke Trintignant shared the president's thoughts, commending LaFlamme for his ideals, and his wisdom at fighting only when necessary. The Syndicated Minarchy of Provence made no comment up until this point yet. A public event will be hosted starting at 12:00 PM SMT in the Père Lachaise Cemetery for all those wishing to honor his memory in person at his catafalque. The actual burial ceremony will be held privately at a later date, among his closest family members, friends and colleagues only.

Pierre LaFlamme lived 32 years.

Local Correspondent, Jules Bertineau

Related articles:

Pierre LaFlamme's Murderer Arrested? - 742.10.29.

Tags: Gallia, Council, Republique, Duchy, Minarchy, Enclave, General, LaFlamme, Council, Murder, Assassination, Politics, Île-de-France, Planet New Paris

RE: GNS - Council ex-General Assassinated - Liberty.In - 09-27-2019

[Image: 1PhAnG8Ch90.jpg]
Lieutenant Maximilian Bernard
Flotte dispersée du Conseil
Secure transmission

Sender: Maximilian Bernard.

Location: The Council Destroyer "Democratie", Ille-De-France System.

Recipient: To all whom it may concern.

Message Encryption Level: Low.

Message subject: Pyres of remembrance.

Text:

It is difficult to convey the feelings that embrace me and my comrades from the Council these days. The ceasefire inside Gallia, the end of this long and meaningless war. We know many people who did not reach the end, but someone died when the end had already arrived. General Pierre LaFlamme was one of those who went through the entire war in Sirius. He could remain our leader and lead the people of our Motherland behind him. Who knows how fate would turn if this sniper did not want to kill him. If there were not those to leave this person is disadvantageous. Alas, now we have to think about what awaits us without him.

I will not poke a finger, suspecting these or those people that they are guilty of this attempt. I believe that Death will judge us. Sooner or later, but she will do it. Perhaps this will come in battle, perhaps from old age, and perhaps - as well as with Pierre this day.

Among all the people I know, I always singled out a list of those personalities who somehow influenced my life and worldview for the entire time I served on the Council, starting from my birth on the planet Marne and ending this afternoon, when I am in the service and see the end of this war with my own eyes.

Claude Leroy taught me that in war, we test ourselves loyal to our ideas for which we are fighting. This old, cheerful person never thought that the Council was something bad. Even when I had doubts, he did not order to arrest me, suspecting that I was a traitor. He explained to me what I was wrong. And everytime he was right.

Matthias Arnim taught me that we must not forget our minds in war. We must clearly understand why and against what we are fighting. Matthias clearly realized what the present Gallia and the present Council are, and therefore his decisions in most cases allowed me to understand how to conduct politics and communicate with the outside world.

Jacques Dubois and Marcel La Parcel have become for me a striking example of the fact that in war, in the midst of blood and death, we can be not only comrades, but also friends. We can be friends, love, be who we are even when it seems that such values ​​are lost before our eyes in the abyss of chaos and collapse. We live once, and we must value every moment in our life, whatever it may be.

Michelle Lachance, with her courage in the war, despite the female nature, showed me that we can be persistent in any place and at any time - it all depends on us. It was because of her that I realized that the Council is not just a revolutionary movement. This is a large family whose bonds of unity will continue many years later. The existence of the Council in this period can be characterized only by three words: "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité". I am sure that the family of which I became a part will last a long time. I am sure that my family inside the Council will live for a long time. And I’m not only talking about my near and dear ones - there are those people who have become something more than comrades and friends. It needs to be appreciated. It’s worth fighting for.

Miroslav de Gobineau became my guide in the Council in my young years. I am grateful to him for showing what we are fighting for. He instilled confidence in me and guided me and my strength in the right direction. He made clear what is good and what is bad. He survived, and I am sure that he will be able to teach me something else after this war.

General Pierre LaFlamme taught me that we must and can remain human beings during and after the war. We can change our principles, change our behavior, reconsider some views on this world. But we must be able to leave the past, so that we have a bright future - that is what I learned from him in such a short time. He clearly understood what sacrifices we would make when Gallia became one whole. He wished for a better future for our country. And I am sure that this future will come in the near future.

I’m raising this champagne for you, General. You were our leader, our light in this pitch darkness. We, your warriors, friends, brothers and sisters, will not let you down. We will continue to carry your idea, we will fight and uphold it, if necessary. Your death will not be in vain.

Wherever you are now - I promise, we won’t let you down.

See you among the stars, sir.

Signed,
[Image: cx8mP6y.png]
Lieutenant Maximilian Bernard

RE: GNS - Council ex-General Assassinated - Firb - 10-02-2019

[Image: VBr3BFQvJQI.jpg]
Commodore Claude Leroy
Secure transmission

Sender: Claude Leroy.

Message subject: Man, who changed Gallia forever.

Text:

The death of the General is not only a loss for the Council but the whole of Gallia. Although he did not live a long life, he managed to do a lot for us. Thanks to the General, we were able to defeat the Crown. And I'm sure that he does not regret what he did.

He proved that even a little guy like him could do much more than we, the older generation, and I am glad that I served him with my people.

I very much hope that the killer will be found, after which I will ask him “Are you fighting on the right side?”, The General wanted only peace between Gallia and Sirius, but these king fanatics do not want to admit it.

I hope that this death was not in vain and that it will help bring the end of this war closer, and establish peace in Gallia and Sirius.

I and the whole of "Paris" will join Lieutenant Bernard and raise a glass of champagne for the General!

Remember, the dogs of the king, wherever you are, we will find you, and justice will prevail.

Rest in peace, General Pierre LaFlame. I promise that we will not lose what we got.

Signed,
[Image: zDCsRs6.png]
Commodore Claude Leroy

RE: GNS - Council ex-General Assassinated - Wolfgang Weisen - 10-02-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Emissary.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 109.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

Excellent news!

Dictator LaFlamme was the biggest obstacle for the reformation and democratization of Gallia. His death is like a breeze of fresh air for every Gallic man or woman living under The Council's rule.

Congratulations to the Liberator who pulled this fatal shot.

- and -

Good luck to President Castaignède who will now be able to perform her duties without being controlled at a very turn by LaFlamme.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: GNS - Council ex-General Assassinated - Republica de Malta - 10-03-2019

This truly is a tragedy,

To see the man who led the charge against his own countrymen, who helped free them from the tyranny of a self-righteous authoritarian regime, gunned down in cold blood, it brings nothing but sorrow.
My heart goes out to his fiance, having to endure this tragedy, as well as all those who knew him on a personal level. A life cannot be brought back, and while we of Malta do not condone the act of a life for a life, I personally hope to see the killer brought to justice whatever the means. Such an act must not be left unpunished.
Malta weeps for the loss of Senor LaFlamme, as what peace we have following the majority end of the conflict is due to his heroic leadership. He will be missed.

RE: GNS - Council ex-General Assassinated - Jacques Dubois - 10-04-2019

[Image: 47D4Lft0jFQ.jpg]
Sergent Jacques Dubois
Secure transmission

Sender: Jacques Dubois.

Message subject: Our savior.

Text:

This is bad news for everyone who was for la liberté and l'independence.

This guy was great. We appreciate his efforts because he worked really hard and he did everything to achieve his goals. He made many things for Gallia such as freeing people from Crown influence and ending the war between Gallia and Sirius.

When I met him first I was jeune and stupide. But time passed, and I became soldier like him, I flown and fought. He helped me see la vérité and I am grateful for him.

This connard who killed General will be punished. I will find him myself and I'll do justice. Can you hear me? You're dead, remember it.

Rest in peace, monsieur LaFlamme. I hope you're in better world than we all are in.

Signed,
[Image: gzkw900.png]
Sergent Jacques Dubois