Discovery Gaming Community
The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) (/showthread.php?tid=173942)

The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Red Lotus Society - 10-03-2019

[Image: H1fHdFN.png?1]
The Red Star
红星
Красная Звезда

Welcome to the first free Coalition News Service. The work of this channel is funded by contributions of conscious workers from all over Sirius. Be wary to consume our content in Coalition controlled space. The so-called 'Ministry of Truth' is not tolerating any alternative point of view. Frequencies of this channel are likely to be jammed by the same ministry. We will make sure to boost our signals or change frequencies.

RE: The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Red Lotus Society - 10-04-2019

[Image: 0I8ITZX.jpg?1]

Ni Hao, Comrades! We have a special story for you here tonight. Incoming reports suggest that Mehmed Selim and his loyal commissars are making one more step to establish the totalitarian dictatorship. Various sources claim that the Revolutionary Army itself is now being cleansed. We have managed to contact Field Marshal Lukas Keller, the current commander of the Army to hear first-hand information.

Comrade Keller is visiting our studio here tonight. Field Marshal, welcome to the Red Star News. Can you confirm or disprove that Selim is committing political repressions now? Our comrades around Sirius are very troubles with those rumors.

RE: The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Keller - 10-04-2019

Almost uncharacteristically of him, Keller appears for this interview in a manner that suggests polish. His hair isn't an unbridled mess from the compression of a helmet but slicked back, his forehead devoid of any major scarring besides the small augmentations meant for a direct interface with a heads up display. His posture suggests neutrality, but a great degree of discipline and restraint, legs crossed and hands gripping either knee. "What Selim is doing goes beyond political repression. I can confirm that he's become a mouth-piece of the standard Sirian propaganda peddled by every House with but the most minor of differences. He's committed to selling the Revolution and all its independence to Bretonia in the hopes that he'll earn himself an additional golf course on Canaria. Perhaps for a more frost-covered field. I'm a soldier. My duties are clear. House influence must be opposed, curtailed and violently thwarted if necessary. Both he and by extension his followers in the Duma and Commissariat seem to think that we should be cooperating with these entities, directly compromising on not just our own integrity but on the lives of our long-standing allies. I'm sure any citizen would understand why I've stood against this so firmly."

He appears confident, but not aggressive and the overall tone of his eyes suggests politeness. If his objective is to seem appealing to the average worker or soldier, he's doing a good job of it. When he's done answering the question, albeit at length, he reaches for a glass of water and slowly sips from it. His body language represents that he clearly expects a follow-up question.

RE: The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Red Lotus Society - 10-04-2019

We and all working people are thankful to you for your service. You are one of the most talented young Coalition commanders. Some even call you the 'Red Napoleon'. I am sure that our comrades in Bretonia, people oppressed by the crown and corporations, who are listening to this now are facing large disappointment. Apparently the Revolutionary Army is not allowed to protect them anymore.

Comrade Keller, we know that you will stand by your word and protect the Revolution. But now, since you have voiced your disagreement with Duma and Commissariat publically, what's next? We know that structures you are in conflict with are full of little, angry and bitter people. They are vindictive, are you afraid of damaging your career or even losing life?

RE: The Red Star Channel (Coalition News Service) - Keller - 10-04-2019

Her question prompts the slightest bit of amusement from him and even if only for a second he can be seen smirking at her question of whether he fears character assassination or even the physical variety. "What's next? Quite simple. The Duma have to be overruled and or legitimacy as a Revolution salvaged. I believe we have an obligation to see Warner's vision made manifest. He wanted us to destroy the cancers embodied by the Sirian Houses and bring true order to these stars we call home. The only thing I fear is the Revolution we've all bled for deciding that our ideology can be sold to the highest bidder. The Premier has degraded our great cause to nothing but a parody of itself."

The answer is quite stern and evokes a mild but genuine sense of frustration, as if these events so alleged were truly occurring in some capacity. This would not be the first time that Keller was agitating the People to look towards Bretonia with nothing but contempt and disgust. It was what every House had deserved after eight centuries of running amok and cultivating hypocrisy so deeply entrenched in its framework that it had developed layers of complexity. His expression and posture remained unchanged thus far, but he seemed to be holding on to several figurative wildcards.

That means that you will take action against Bretonia even despite traitorous position of Duma? It should be pointed out, that our key allies, the Red Hessians and Mollys are still fighting against Bretonian aggression in Omegas. The position of Duma is not only betraying workers in Bretonia, Zoner populations, IMG, but it's also outright abandoning our closest allies in the middle of the war.

Are you planning to coordinate your actions with our brothers-in-arms in Rheinland and Bretonia?