Discovery Gaming Community
Apparantly I am too dumb - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Apparantly I am too dumb (/showthread.php?tid=174021)

Pages: 1 2

Apparantly I am too dumb - stewpit - 10-07-2019

Hi,

this is probably a very nooby thing but I'll ask anyway...

My goal was to get a ship that has more space than the first one (suburst?)...So I traded helium a few times and bought a Rheinland transporter. My goal was to just own a bigger ship to farn helium. But obviously I misunderstood. I can't mount a Mining Array on this. So what do I do with it now?

I also don't understand the ID thing. Apparantly I can now mine other stuff like cupper ect. But I can't find those ID 'cards'. So where do I find it and in how far is my reputation important?

Regards and sorry for the newby questions.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Wesker - 10-07-2019

There are designated mining ships and mining IDs. House corporation IDs like BMM/Daumann/DSE/GMS IDs tend to have those bonuses. In your situation though. You should get a Hegemon miner and get a mining ID which I believe can be bought on planet Erie in Pennsylvania. The hegemon has a fair amount of cargo space and will allow you to mine helium. But yes, larger transports like 5000 space transports tend to require you get a house corporate ID relative to the transport and require you to have someone mine for you.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Groshyr - 10-07-2019

Did you read this guide?

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - stewpit - 10-07-2019

Yes I did read the guide. Where do I find the IDs? I can't see them in any of the traders lists. Or can I see them when I have a ship that fits?

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Wesker - 10-07-2019

They are bought on bases owned by the IDs respective factions.

For example on planet Manhattan you can buy a police ID. On Newark you can get an IC ID.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - stewpit - 10-09-2019

OK I understood all this now. Thanks Smile

Now I have another question:
I have the Kruger ID and the Rheinland Kaiser Transport to farm Aluminium which I want to to ship to Thames Outpost in New England, which is a base of BMM. My reputation was too bad to dock there, so I killed a few enemies of BMM. My reputation then was good enough to dock and to sell the Aluminium. Also I bribed someone in the bar. But after I took off, my reputation with BMM was bad again so I can't dock now.

Is that supposed to be like that? What sense does it make to bribe them anyway? And is there a way to constantly keep reputation with BMM up so I can sell them Aluminium?

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Thunderer - 10-09-2019

Kruger and BMM are both mining corporations and, as such, they are competitors, rival companies. Their reputations are automatically adjusted to a certain maximum value every time they launch. I can only say this much, though, as I haven't done any mining in years.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Greylock - 10-09-2019

I mean, you could use the Daumann ID, which still gives you a bonus on Aluminum, and you can dock on BMM bases just fine.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - stewpit - 10-10-2019

I mounted the Daumann ID, droprepped on Kruger. Yet my reputation with BMM is -0.55. I doubt I can dock now.

Maybe I just don't understand the concept. I mean, the Mining Guide says that Aluminium is sold at Thames Output. But if I am part of a concurrent company, my rep is so bad that they won't let me dock...am I misunderstanding something? Sorry, for the confusion of mine.

RE: Apparantly I am too dumb - Thunderer - 10-10-2019

Miners are supposed to mine for traders in exchange for money. Then the traders sell the ore on a station in exchange for more money. Ore is not supposed to be a one man job.

As of your reputation, if Daumann is not rephacked against the BMM, a bribe should be able to fix it.