Discovery Gaming Community
PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=174083)

Pages: 1 2

PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-10-2019

I won't lie, this was thrown together pretty quickly. It obviously needs a LOT of work. Right now, it's just me, but I'm planning to make a serious go at this, so here we are. I'll be editing and expanding this as I go. I am, of course, open to comments and suggestions. If you would like to fly for Planetform, drop a line over on our recruitment thread.

Planetform, Inc.

Creating Worlds

"85 years ago, we dedicated ourselves to accomplishing the impossible. To transform, in less than a century, a frozen, lifeless world into one capable of supporting life. Many said it couldn't be done, other said it shouldn't, but we persevered. As a boy growing up on Los Angeles, I used to follow the progress of the terraforming of California Minor, both on the neural net and with my own backyard telescope and spectrometer. Like many others, the idea of a world remade in my lifetime captured my imagination. In our own, small way, we were harnessing the power of the gods. Humanity was accomplishing a true miracle, a monument to human progress through the power of science. Due to the efforts of countless scientists and engineers, our efforts have not been in vain. As of noon tomorrow, the geothermal vents will be shut down. It brings me great pride to announce that the California Minor Terraforming Project is complete!"

Dr. Norman Gray, CEO, Planetform, Inc.
Excerpt from a speech on Planet Anaheim, 22 July 826 AS

Basic Information

Planetform ID/IFF
PF-Shipname (Transports, Gunboats)
PF-First.Last (Freighters, Fighters)

Background

Due to a relative paucity of habitable worlds outside the core worlds claimed by the Republic of Liberty, a group of scientists and engineers from Cambridge saw an opportunity. Founded under a Royal Charter in 411 AS, for centuries Planetform has worked to transform otherwise uninhabitable planets into vibrant worlds, capable of sustaining life.

Due to the expense involved in terraforming, Planetform's customers for terraforming services have exclusively been House Governments. Aside from planetary terraforming, Planetform also make a considerable profit from the production of FloraGro, which sees extensive use in both planet-based and space-based synth and traditional agriculture. Planetform also produces a popular line of Xenobiotic and Nanomembrane filtration systems for stations and spacecraft.

For most of its history, Planetform had faced no opposition until the rise of the Gaian eco-terrorist movement in 740 AS. The Gaians opposition to Planetform's mission quickly turned violent, a conflict that has continued, unabated, until the present time.

Bases

Canterbury Station, New London
Planetform Headquarters in New London. Though the station sustained damage during the Gallic offensive in New London, it remains operational, and the Board of Directors continues to meet there.

Planet Anaheim, California
Planetform's success story in California. Though the terraforming project is complete, Planetform continues to administer the planet. Once the Libertonian Government has taken over administration, Planetform will retain a base on Anaheim to monitor conditions on the planet and make adjustments as necessary.

Merthyr Tydfil Mining Station, Poole
Mining base in Poole purchased from BMM. Processes raw materials extracted from Torfaen Asteroid Field to produce terraforming gasses critical to other Planetform operations.

Cold Bay Depot, Hudson
Base established in Hudson to coordinate stage one terraforming efforts on Planet Atka. Cold Bay also serves as Planetform's production facility for Xenobiotic and Nanomembrane filters.

Diplomacy

Allied
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Synth Foods

Friendly
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Bretonian Armed Forces
Bretonia Police Authority
Liberty Navy
Liberty Police
Bretonian and Libertonian Corporations

Neutral
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Maltese Hispania
Everyone Else

Unfriendly
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

EFL Oil & Machinery

Hostile
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Gaians
Unioners
Gallic Royalist Enclave
All pirate & terrorist factions

Roster

• Capt. Henry Morgan - Faction Leader
    Dr. Norman Grey, CEO
    Captain Alexander McDonald, PF-Freyr
    PF-Amelia.Flynn

• Markam - 2ic
    Captain James Duncan, PF-Hephaestus

• Pirata
    Kurt Millor,

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Corpus13 - 10-10-2019

Already had one encounter with you and it was a pleasure. Great RP and stuff. Also nice to see PFI attempts again - this faction needs more love.
Please, dont' die in two weeks and best luck!

~Kraftwerk

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Groshyr - 10-10-2019

Hey! Nice concept and writeup, it's nice to see one more vanilla-based faction around. I wish you the best of luck and fun.

P.S. Nice to see Malta as neutral, I'm appreciate it.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-10-2019

(10-10-2019, 09:18 PM)Corpus13 Wrote: Already had one encounter with you and it was a pleasure. Great RP and stuff. Also nice to see PFI attempts again - this faction needs more love.
Please, dont' die in two weeks and best luck!

~Kraftwerk
It's the last remaining Bret faction with no in-game representation. I'm hoping to turn that around because I feel like Planetform has a lot of RP potential.

You gents were my second run-in with Unioners today, and both encounters were fun. I look forward to seeing you again.

(10-10-2019, 09:40 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Hey! Nice concept and writeup, it's nice to see one more vanilla-based faction around. I wish you the best of luck and fun.

P.S. Nice to see Malta as neutral, I'm appreciate it.
PF's neutral to Malta because Bretonia, as a whole, is neutral. I just thought it was worth mentioning specifically, Thank you for the complement, I'm looking forward to making this thing a success.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Enkidu - 10-10-2019

YARRR!!!!

I had a wonderful time pirating ye' scallywags and hangin' yer gizzards out to bake in the New Berlin Sun. Arrrr.

I'd consider adding Unioners as hostile alongside Gaians. Unioners -detest- Planetform due to their profiteering off of Stuttgart, the fact that they have a monopoly on terraforming products throughout the Houses, strangling indigenous efforts, and the simple fact that the Cold Bay to Stuttgart route straddles the entirity of Unioner territory and we'll happily raid you the whole way down. They're also close Gaian allies.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-10-2019

(10-10-2019, 10:29 PM)Riehl Wrote: I'd consider adding Unioners as hostile alongside Gaians. Unioners -detest- Planetform due to their profiteering off of Stuttgart, the fact that they have a monopoly on terraforming products throughout the Houses, strangling indigenous efforts, and the simple fact that the Cold Bay to Stuttgart route straddles the entirity of Unioner territory and we'll happily raid you the whole way down. They're also close Gaian allies.
Done.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Capt. Henry Morgan - 10-11-2019

I edited the post to expand on the background a little, adding mentions of Planetform's other revenue streams (FloraGro, Xenobiotic & Nanomembrane Filters).

I also expanded on the diplomacy a bit. I made Synth Foods allied, reasoning that they're one of Planetform's best customers for FloraGro. I've also got an idea rattling around in my head about Synth's biodomes being a practical outgrowth of small-scale Planetform experiments, but I'd rather coordinate with Synth before I put anything like that down officially.

Finally, I made EFL unfriendly. They've had a chance to study Planetform's methods on Harris, and even figured out how to operate the equipment and restart operations there. That makes Planetform's management a bit nervous about a new competitor appearing on the scene. Future developments may change all that, depending on how things go.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Kalhmera - 10-14-2019

Cool concept but I feel your post for officialdom was premature. You have no MD's, you have no real presences on the server aside from 5 comms and from what I am reading here one interaction. Normally in my experience Official Faction that go for officialdom have already an established faction with a heavy presences on the server. But hey its just my 2 cents, the best of luck. If there is something I can do as LPI- or some RP you want to pursue, you know where to find me.

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Bowex - 10-14-2019

It is with joy that we receive our brother among us. Be aware that Bowex is willing to contribute as much as possible and necessary to Planetform's progress.

See you later,

Karl Lower
CEO of Bowex and Director of Trade,

RE: PF- Planetform, Inc. - Faction Info & Feedback - Markam - 10-14-2019

We could have waited for a few weeks or months before applying for officialdom, but with this request we out out a statement of intent that we are serious about this faction. Two new people as a result have entered the faction upon posting.