Discovery Gaming Community
Orkney System lockdown - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Orkney System lockdown (/showthread.php?tid=17411)

Pages: 1 2 3

Orkney System lockdown - pbrione - 03-08-2009

Following the passing or the War Measures Act in response to the Kusari invasion of Leeds, the Bretonian Government has declared the system of Orkney, as our last stronghold and supply line into upper Tau, to be under BAF rule, and closed to all civilian ships. Any official corporations or government bodies wishing for special access are to liase with the Bretonian Foreign Office on private channels, or contact our Ambassador in Liberty.

War Measures Act Wrote:Article V [Part of this Article is Classified under the Official Secrets Act and not publicly available]
Due to the increased Kusari presence in Tau, and the fall of Upper Leeds, the Orkney System is declared to be off limits to all non-authorised vessels. This is done to protect our last foothold in the Empire of Tau, and keep open supply lines to the Tau 23 BMM Site, and to prevent the Kusari from opening a new front against us in Edinburgh. Bretonia's sovereignty in the Ornkey System is to be enforced by official agents of the Bretonian Crown.

Lord Charles Canning, 9th Earl of Malmesbury
Foreign Secretary of Bretonia

Orkney System lockdown - Seth Karlo - 03-08-2009

[Incoming Transmission]

Sir,

You have no right to close off this system.

The IMG not only have a base here, but we also are willing to defend our bases. Do not push us on this matter.

Also, we have made contact with some...others. I'm sure you understand what we are talking about here. Now, I believe that our respective councils and leaders need to talk before such a rash and hasty move comes into effect.

Syana Kyan.
Research and Development director of the IMG.
[Transmission ends]

Orkney System lockdown - Tenacity - 03-08-2009

[Image: 120s9z6.jpg]
...Incoming Transmission...
Source: Christopher Thorn, Junkers

-Begin Transmission-

"The Bretonians cant even keep their own systems under control, how do they expect to enforce law in a system far outside their house borders?"

-End Transmission-

Orkney System lockdown - pbrione - 03-08-2009

The system of Orkney is part of the Empire of Bretonia, as laid down in the Bretonian territorial claims here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=30738&hl=

With the war against Kusari pushing hard against our home systems, it is all the more imperative that we keep open our remaining supply lines to our beseiged forces in Tau 31 and Tau 23, in order to continue the guerilla war against the Kusari occupation of Tau. I wish to clarify that this declaration is to prevent the erosion of our territorial sovereignty by the passage of large numbers of civilian and potentially hostile vessels through Orkney as appears to have begun to take place, not to restrict the movements of those official corporate and government bodies with genuine reasons for being there, such as the IMG.

Naturally we have no intention of restricting official IMG vessels access to their base, any more than we do to their bases at Cardiff or South Shields. However, I request that the IMG Guildmaster please contact the Bretonian Government on private communication channels that certain matters relating to this can be discussed officially. Similarly other official bodies with interest in the Orkney system should contact your nearest Bretonian Government representative.

Lord Charles Canning,
9th Earl of Malmesbury
Foreign Secretary of Bretonia

Orkney System lockdown - Quorg - 03-08-2009

Once again, the Queen and her loyal servants have decided to oppress the people around them, closing off a system over which they don't even have any control.
We assure you that this is a mistake. In order to support the innocent citizens traveling through Orkney, I have moved my operations to Orkney to defend against this imperialist aggression. And don't give any of that Rocky Mountain Oyster lumps about you not restricting the IMG- we know your intentions, we know your history, and we know that you have no right to deny access to ANY neutral parties to this system.
Rest assured, my crew and I will thoroughly enjoy disposing of any Bretonian personnel found enforcing this measure.
It is actions like these that make me ashamed of my Bretonian birth.
Death to the Queen! Long live the Emperor!

-Desert

(Transmission edited to reflect diplomatic updates)
(Transmission updated to reflect casualty updates)

UPDATE: My crew and I located an MI5 agent harassing a Zoner trader passing through Orkney today. The Agent's name will be withheld out of respect for the fact that a mere agent does not determine policy.
We had an exchange, after which he opened fire. We returned fire, and after a valiant fight, the agent's ship was destroyed.
More to come.

Orkney System lockdown - Niezck - 03-08-2009

####Incoming Transmission####

Comm ID: Guild Command Carrier Comoros
To: Desert

Sir, I believe you are mistaken. You do not have any 'friends in the IMG'. We have chosen neutrality in this conflict and we will remain in such a situation.

Yours,
Davis Masterson, Guild Master of the Independent Miner's Guild

####End Transmission####

Orkney System lockdown - Quorg - 03-08-2009

I apologize to the IMG for that claim; it turns out that the individuals we spoke with were imposters and not members of the IMG. Needless to say, their lies cost them dearly.

However, the rest of my transmission still stands. We'll keep the Bretonian government updated on the human cost of their actions.

-Desert

Orkney System lockdown - Jien Kogen - 03-09-2009

Signal Source: Imperial Compound, New Tokyo

Ah so this is what the Bretonians have resorted to, making decrees over systems they have no control over. The Orkney system is bordered by Tau 23, and the Lewis system. The Lewis systems is under the Sovereignty of our good friends in the NLH, whom I can assure you will not be allowing Bretonian ships use as a transit point. The Tau 23 system is completely outside of Bretonian control, with no friendly systems bordering it. With the my Samurai in control of the northern Section of the Seto system, Bretonian forces are completely cut off from the Orkney system, making any regulations they place on the system Illegal and invalid. The only groups with any legitimate right to regulate the Orkney system are the IMG and the Gaians, neither of who is the Bretonians.

Jien Kogen, Emperor of Kusari, Protector of the Taus and Sovereign of Seto

Orkney System lockdown - Tenacity - 03-09-2009

[Image: dovrmd.jpg]
...Incoming Transmission...
Source: Jacqueline "Lionne" de Laval, The Council

-Begin Transmission-

"It puzzles me that the houses of Sirius would prevent their own people from reuniting with their long lost brothers and sisters in Gallia, this behavior reminds me of our own Tyrant King. Know that The Council welcomes all travellers and traders from Sirius into Gallia, so long as they restrain themselves and do not cause trouble for our current struggle against the crown."

-End Transmission-

Orkney System lockdown - pbrione - 03-09-2009

Declaration:

Following recent discussions with the Independent Miners Guild and the opening of communications with the Council the Bretonian Government wishes to clarify its earlier position regarding Orkney.

1. Forces hostile to Bretonia will naturally not be permitted to enter the Orkney system, and will be engaged in defence of Bretonian Sovereignty there as they would be in any other Bretonian House system.

2. Organisations of neutral or allied stance are asked to seek one-off permission from the Bretonian Government before being granted access to the system, and must demonstrate a legitimate interest in the Orkney system. Vessels that have not sought permission from representatives of the Bretonian Crown will be turned back from the system by agents of the Bretonian Crown operating in Orkney and Tau 23, including but not limited to Bretonian Privateers, agents of MI5 and officers of the Bretonian Armed Forces. Government Organisations or Corporations that wish to apply for this access should please politely state their requests on this channel. Threats and insults against the Bretonian Crown are not appreciated, nor are they likely to aid your application.

3. The IMG, in reference to earlier discussions, have a natural and undeniable interest and hence right to operate as they see fit in the Orkney system, providing they do not infringe on Bretonian Territorial Sovereignty there. All Bretonian Corporations and agents of the Bretonian Crown also naturally have full access rights.

4. Regarding The Council, whilst we are welcoming of their diplomatic overtures, and would happily allow them to send envoys from Orkney out into the rest of Sirius, we are not, at this stage, willing to allow full and open passage of all Sirius people into Gallia through Orkney due to the intelligence received that indicates the serious and potentially hostile threat that the Gallic Government poses to Sirius in General and to Bretonia in particular as their immediate neighbours. Trade to Council bases by those corporations that we beleive can be trusted with this task will be welcomed, but we retain the right to restrict the access of those trading vessels that we beleive may be trading through Orkney with intentions contrary to Bretonian interests. Given the current situation regarding the Kusari War, I am sure that you understand our need for caution in this matter. We wish to pursue further negociations and diplomatic discussions with The Council before we are willing to change our stance on this issue.

As for Kusari propaganda that we are unable to enforce our territorial claims in Orkney, I shall say this. Harris yet stands, and we are able to continue to supply it as the MacDuff holds open our supply lines through Tau 31. Our base in Tau 23 still stands, and we are able to supply it also, despite Kusari attempts to cut it off. Bretonia is therefore fully capable of defending its territorial integrity against the vile counter-claims of the Kusari Emperor. Regular BAF forces may be pinned down in Leeds, but we have other forces at our disposal. Let no-one think that Bretonia is beaten; the Kusari may have advanced into Leeds, but it shall be their death trap. They have over-extended themselves, and cannot maintain their advance there against the tactics employed by the Bretonian Armed Forces. We shall defend our territory, from Leeds to Orkney, and shall fight at any cost to defeat anyone who dares to defy such claims.

Evidence of Bretonian Territorial Claims in Orkney:

Sirius Cartographical Office:
http://discoverygc.com/files/discoverymap.jpg

Bretonian Constitution:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30738