Discovery Gaming Community
MNS - Interview | El Sueño del Hogar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: MNS - Interview | El Sueño del Hogar (/showthread.php?tid=174206)

MNS - Interview | El Sueño del Hogar - Maltese News Service - 10-23-2019

[Image: udzqkql.png]
Republica de Malta

Maltese News Service
'An informed society is a strong society'

El Sueño del Hogar
An interview with the lady behind the Republic's successes.
A review of the MURoH's aggression against the Zoners.
A dream of the future.
By: Sabine Morales

*A fair skinned Maltesian woman sits together with the Secretary of Commerce Gabriela la Huerta on a small stage, the two sitting opposite one another in chairs. In the woman's hands were a stapled few papers.*

"Good evening, I'm Sabine Morales and welcome to High Talk. Our topic tonight will deal with much of the controversy revolving around the recent outbreak in hostilities within the Llivia system, as well as much of the Republic's efforts on preparing for the inevitable future of our beloved home. Tonight we have with us Ms. Gabriela la Huerta, our Republic's esteemed Secretary of Commerce, who will help to clarify the government's focus on resolving the crisis within Llivia." Sabine looks to the Secretary, smiling. "Good evening, Madame Secretary."

She smiled in return, looking back. "Buena noches, señora. Please, call me Gabriela."

"It's intriguing that of all the officials we receive here on the Maltese News Network, you are our most frequent."

She chuckled. "It's actually more straightforward than just that, really. I've conducted most of my business with Malta, and understand its policies almost to the letter. Dealing with regulations as a Maltese Corporate Entity tends to do that. It's not that I'm any more of a Maltesian than any of the rest, but I have worked considerably more with the legal system than they have. Enlightening the Maltese public about how the system works and how the Republic is moving to try and shape it is just part of my job. Transparency it the foundation of an understanding and ultimately strong society."

"Indeed it is. However, some have assumed that this transparency is part of the reason the Republic is now considered 'terrorists' among the current regime of Malta. The newest report from Canal 3, a news source we often use as a pipeline into how the Maltese situation is going and open to all forms of Maltese public, shows that the MURoH was on a path to assume the Republic would join them, despite the Republic's adamant disclosure of intentions to take back the home world."

"Si. It's a bit strange that only now are they declaring that they would have welcomed the Republic's officials with open arms, on the condition that they cease their intentions. Where this attitude was months ago is beyond anyone, but it does paint the image that the MURoH is intimidated by the Republic perhaps, or sees in us a genuine challenge to their legitimacy as the successor to the National Council. We've already held the cultural sway with the populace, and.. truthfully, despite what they say there are plenty of Maltesians who seek the return of the Republic to the Palacio de Cibeles. Only in a last ditch effort would the Republic attempt cooperation, and only under the harshest of circumstances, you know.. abolishment of the slave trade, restrictions on Cardamine export, et cetera. In our lifetime, and likely in theirs, it will never happen. It's just too much for us to lose and for them to retain."

"There were also claims by the MURoH that the Republic attempted extortion against a neutral entity, which for them seems to be a heavy focus of their campaign against the Republic's legitimacy. Can you shine any light on this?"

"To a degree. While we're still unaware of what exactly spurred them to assume that the Republic extorts money from others, what we can safely assume is that they are definitely drawing from reserves that have no credit. One assumption was a man on the inside, while another stemmed from a leaked fine inquiry towards a local station administrator. The Murro certainly does not lack for avenues of approach, and have attempted to stem the Republic's rightful progress at every turn. It certainly paints the impression that they are intimidated by our actions, and are determined to undermine the legitimacy of the Republic, where we are still fracturing the foundation of their own."

"And what of the Zoners of Freeport 10? The Murro has tried to strongarm them recently. Is it safe to assume that the Republic has plans to back them, or have the Zoners overstayed their welcome?"

"Certainly not. During my time on Malta coordinating supplies for the Republic, the Zoners were some of my strongest supporters in regards to raw profit. Exporters and importers, we worked together on countless trading operations into the deeper of Sirius. that's not to say that some of them aren't eccentric, and there were cases of shipments going missing, but alongside the IMG the Zoners were a strong supporter of the Republic's funding. Now, what happened in the Llivia system is still up for debate, but I can assure you that we have no plans to try and press on the Freeport Administration. In fact, barring a ban of all Maltese vessels, we have interests in coordinating with the staff and exercising defenses for the Freeport in the event of conflict."

"Then it's safe to say that under the Republic the Zoners of Freeport 10 would be safe."

"In short, yes. There would be obvious details to the agreement, such as the requirement that the Freeport stay out of Maltese affairs and maintain their neutrality both ways, but in light of the past, and the Zoners' continuous efforts to work with Malta they have more than earned their place in Llivia."

"Finally, we wanted to wrap up this short interview about how the Republic plans to administrate itself throughout the Tau Sector. Would you care to speak about any of it?"

"Absolutely. With the growing success of the Republic's Lipari settlement, Malta is expected to expand its operations from the surface to Borneo Orbit. I can already say that in regards to the Commerce Department, the Republic already has plans to build and maintain two modular stations within the Tau Sector, as well as one within Bretonia near the border to assist with the reconstruction pending the Kingdom's authorization. I'm expecting this to be a boon to the Republic's economy, as well as a show of potential for our local corporations that aim to take the Republic's grip to the next level."

"Then I suppose that will cover that for the time being. Gracias, Señora La Huerta."

"De nada. It was my pleasure."

Sabine turns to the camera, smiling. "That will do with our segment for now. Buenas noches, and stay safe."

OPEN FOR COMMENTS

RE: MNS - Interview | El Sueño del Hogar - StDH - 10-25-2019

Comment from "13th_guard"

The moon is my sun,
The night is my day,
Blood is my life,
and you're my prey.

(41,527 likes, 6008 reposts)

Comment from "the_hunter_75"

You're incapable of defending yourself, how does a Nuisance like you want to defend Malta.

Even haulers would club you with shovels.

(37,368 likes, 4537 reposts)

Comment from "pablo_escobar"

Your contribution led to quantum leaps in improvement.
(A quantum is a subatomic measurement, which means you didn't do jack that's measurable by the naked eye.)

(35,700 likes, 4365 reposts)

Comment from "vanguard_of_malta"

Where's your Republic?

(32,225 likes, 4285 reposts)