Discovery Gaming Community
BIOS problem - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: BIOS problem (/showthread.php?tid=174237)

Pages: 1 2

BIOS problem - NoMe - 10-16-2019

well I broke my computer again, this time it's a bios move, it's not digesting something! probably my nonsense. it's a bios asus m4a87td usb3 my hard disk is locked, my ssd impossible to install anything on it, the two disks are in IDE, with ahci it doesn't work either

any idea?

thanks

NoMe

RE: BIOS problem - JC8 - 10-16-2019

Remove and put back the CMOS battery in the motherboard without power in the PC to reset BIOS settings to default, if the issue persist, it's most likely a boot partition problem, use another PC to mount a Linux live distro in a flash USB memory or a CD, boot the Live distro and try to recover all important data, erase the drive that has Windows installed and reinstall.

RE: BIOS problem - NoMe - 10-16-2019

not too much of an outcome for you? After the reset either it works or reinstallation after formatting? i will do it

thanks

RE: BIOS problem - JC8 - 10-17-2019

(10-16-2019, 11:29 PM)NoMe Wrote: not too much of an outcome for you? After the reset either it works or reinstallation after formatting? i will do it

thanks

Well not like you gave a lot of info to diagnose the problem, just that the BIOS isn't showing the drives, so either the BIOS has some config issue, or the drives got encrypted (again), or the Windows boot manager is corrupted, in two of those cases you gotta just reinstall the OS, the boot issues with Windows aren't exactly simple to solve either, usually erasing and reinstalling saves you more time, even if you have to reinstall some drivers and software. My suggestion is that if you want to avoid this, you should use another PC as backup server using some open source backup server software, like UrBackup (i used it a few times and it saves a lot of time when Winblows 10 decides to break for no reason), or either buy Acronis (does the same but it's user friendly), to make backup images all the months.

RE: BIOS problem - NoMe - 10-17-2019

hi JC8 , more Info added

i am on the windows xp installation screen, i can see my 2 disk, (already a part formared via diskpart) 200 giga lost

on other hand it is just formated, and in NTFS format !

400 G free on disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]

it's partition1 E: Partition 1 [NTFS] 400 G free
...................2 C: ............2.......................... 30 G free WIN7 was here and is here

it was the first disk

2nd disk who is an SSD 120 G

115 G free on Disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]

only partition 1 D: Partition 1 [NTFS] 115 G free

I just thought, couldn't a live CD partitioning software (part magic or something else) be enough to put all this in order? As you can see, it's a mess.

RE: BIOS problem - realekki - 10-17-2019

have you tried
- helpconsole on xp install screen
- fix /mbr
- fix /boot
or fixmbr fixboot dunno the correct syntax

hope it helps
ekki

hi ekki

i don't have access to windows again, i will try it with chkdsk or diskpart. and also, my two disk are identified as disk 0 the 2. big config problem

thanks

for now i am trying to use Gparted live, but i need to find an old mice! the actual don't works Wink

RE: BIOS problem - NoMe - 10-18-2019

finally i work with win 10 PESE, there is maybe a possibility to retrieve my Win7 part, i must set active and bootable this part. not found again how

RE: BIOS problem - NoMe - 10-28-2019

several things tried, always the same problem!

now, i must accept the fact, that i'm not enough good to repair windows or the bios! i will try to reset the BIOS

i must prevent people, it's not simple, and 1 advice, don't touch

i mean the BIOS