Discovery Gaming Community
[Done] Download tutorial proposal - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: [Done] Download tutorial proposal (/showthread.php?tid=174251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Redesign - Install instructions - Avalanche - 10-18-2019

(10-18-2019, 01:58 PM)Durandal Wrote: My only concern now is what about people who aren't using Windows 10? I believe there's a similar installation procedure for Windows 8, if I recall? 7 is straight forward enough, though.

Then again I have no idea how many people are actually using Windows 8.

I do not know. Sorry @Durandal. I've literally just redesigned the information already in the current Download Tutorial

Can someone please comment on how Windows 8 and or 7 differs and we can adapt the OP

Edit: Having said that. The Download Tutorial does mention "Pre Window 10 members can use X software to open ISO files". I could include that information.

I can also add a line about disabling anti virus when installing disco (line 1.8)

RE: Redesign - Install instructions - evanz - 10-18-2019

windows 7 doesnt have a built in "mount" option for disc images, e.g. i use "DAEMON tools lite" for many years

RE: Redesign - Install instructions - Pepe - 10-18-2019

Me gusta!

Made it mobile friendly (won't stretch the thread and have parts stack) and further refined the design. Images are from Sombra.

Please can we push this soon? Windows 8 and 7 seem to be similar except Legacy features but I can edit the video to explain it's windows 10 only needed.

RE: Redesign - Install instructions - Nerva Regis - 10-18-2019

It has been some time since I someone with such nice BB code skills (sun).
Kudos!

(10-18-2019, 10:30 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: It has been some time since I someone with such nice BB code skills (sun).
Kudos!

Very kind. Thank you. All the magic is done via photoshop. Just then selecting parts > crop > save. Upload all the parts in the right order and url the images which are showing as buttons.

RE: Download Freelancer & Discovery Freelancer - Avalanche - 10-19-2019

Updated the YouTube videos to reflect the new page design + included at the bottom of the page, an area of text which any moderator can easily edit without the need to use Photoshop.

RE: Download Freelancer & Discovery Freelancer - Ouranos - 10-20-2019

It's somewhat simplistic but at the same time clean, fresh and modern. Even though I'm a traditionalist at the core, I like it. And it's certainly more likely to encourage new players from the newer generations than the old instructions post.

Is this the final version?

RE: Download Freelancer & Discovery Freelancer - Durandal - 10-20-2019

I have never heard of opening iso files with WinRAR before in my life. Can someone confirm that this is a thing? I personally use PowerISO.

RE: Download Freelancer & Discovery Freelancer - Avalanche - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 10:00 PM)Durandal Wrote: I have never heard of opening iso files with WinRAR before in my life. Can someone confirm that this is a thing? I personally use PowerISO.

WinRAR does work. The videos shows my PC system using WinRAR to do so.

(10-20-2019, 09:54 PM)Ouranos Wrote: It's somewhat simplistic but at the same time clean, fresh and modern. Even though I'm a traditionalist at the core, I like it. And it's certainly more likely to encourage new players from the newer generations than the old instructions post.

Is this the final version?

Thanks. I agree. It is currently until new edits get suggested.