Discovery Gaming Community
Missing Characters - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Missing Characters (/showthread.php?tid=17447)

Pages: 1 2

Missing Characters - Denisius - 03-08-2009

Hello.

I've been absent from Discovery for about 3 months. When I returned I have noticed that my account has apparently been deleted, and with it my various characters some of which had sizeable amounts of credits.

I have not changed anything major in the computer over those 3 months and neither have I reinstalled Freelancer. Everything was just as it was when I left.

If it is possible, I would like for the account to be restored, and if not than at least the two main characters. Denisius and Nyro.

Missing Characters - Grumblesaur - 03-08-2009

' Wrote:Hello.

I've been absent from Discovery for about 3 months. When I returned I have noticed that my account has apparently been deleted, and with it my various characters some of which had sizeable amounts of credits.

I have not changed anything major in the computer over those 3 months and neither have I reinstalled Freelancer. Everything was just as it was when I left.

If it is possible, I would like for the account to be restored, and if not than at least the two main characters. Denisius and Nyro.

It requires the server to go offline to restore characters, I think.

Let me know who you are in-game. When I can start playing the new mod, I'll send you a bit of start-up cash.

Missing Characters - Denisius - 03-09-2009

' Wrote:It requires the server to go offline to restore characters, I think.

Let me know who you are in-game. When I can start playing the new mod, I'll send you a bit of start-up cash.

I believe that there is a maintenance reboot of the server every day for a few minutes, the characters could be restored then.

Can any admin provide any input on the matter?

Missing Characters - xSecret01 - 03-09-2009

Hello, I'm in the same situation as Denisius. I've been absent for a few months (for various reasons) and I knew this would happen but unfortunately there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

I would just like to know if restoring a character is possible.

Thank you and have a nice day.:)

Missing Characters - Fellow Hoodlum - 03-09-2009

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13695

Hood

Missing Characters - Clandestine - 04-01-2009

With the trasistion of the server being swtiched over to 8.45 it has simply been impossible to log onto the server (been logging onto the us server fine but failed to get any responce from the main discovery RP server) and now when I am finaly able to log on to the serve i find that i have no characters
please tell me that something can be done about this as my absance from the server has simply been no fault of my own

Missing Characters - tazuras - 04-01-2009

I hate to say it but it was your fault you hadnt asked about it till now and the info about character wipes has been posted for a while. As a rule admins do not restore deleted chars. Think you may be out of luck.

Missing Characters - darthbeck - 04-01-2009

if any one is ever having big issues connecting to the server. ask a freind. or better yet. some one in a faction you are in to log onto your characters for a few minutes every few weeks.(you need to email them your account files) and then they wont get deleated.

Missing Characters - Clandestine - 04-01-2009

' Wrote:if any one is ever having big issues connecting to the server. ask a freind. or better yet. some one in a faction you are in to log onto your characters for a few minutes every few weeks.(you need to email them your account files) and then they wont get deleated.
Oh no i don't think its a good idea to give anyone your account details, are you mad.
And as for not being unable to connect. well I had expected there to be difficulties with people trying to connect and it was clear from alot of the posts on the forum that alot of people were having problems
It seems that my patience has shown no virtue and maybe I should have been more impatient
The connection problem was clearly a problem with the game and not the configuration of my computer as it now seems to have been resolved with the latest patch.
Don't know if I want to spend all the time and effort getting my neutral zone rep again so this is probably goodbye as it looks like I will most likely not get my character back.
Nice try guys but no cigar

Missing Characters - johnpeter - 04-05-2009

They are trust worthy...