Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Junker Congress - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Junker Congress (/showthread.php?tid=174864)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-10-2019

[Image: ndPOrO3.png]

Congress,

How long has it been since we last spoke? Months? Years? Regardless, nostalgia is not the reason I once again contact you.

As you may have known, I am Kyle Vaughn - an independent Junker of sorts with all papers in check. The reason I am contacting you - The Junker Congress - is that my Liner which is heavily modified Pilgrim Liner, has taken a a lot of damage along the years - and especially during the Trafalgar exodus - to say the least. The Black Liner was still moored by the time the Gallic-Bretonian war has reached New London. I believe you know the outcome of a ship such as this mooring out in such conditions. Some systems no longer function, and I will not risk a critical failure while in the middle of space.

Stigmatized for its devilish approach to Kusarian transports, "The Black Liner" requires a new home. I initially intended to return to Pacifica Shipyard of the Unioner Syndicate, but I doubt entering a possible Warzone would do any help. Repairs every now and then are a must, especially for a Pilgrim Liner such as this one.

Additionally, I would like to look into purchasing two "Collector" Junker ships, but with a twist - non Junker identifications. The reason I need them without a Junker identification is because lately I had to fly under the radar in Liberty. And since I prefer not to get the Junkers into my own personal matters, I'd rather fly a Collector than anything else - if it is to be the last ship I fly, even undercover. The other Collector vessel is for a project of mine, namely an attempt to hybridize a "Jackdaw" class Heavy Fighter, to make its powercore support Junker equipment entirely. I am unusure if I really want to proceed with that, but then again - two ships are better than one.

Lastly. i am looking at Tarancon's situation in Omicron Minor. Can something be done about the ever degrading base?

I will be waiting for your reply on this matter.

[Image: tnMSJHT.png]

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-11-2019

<<<|BOOSTING SIGNAL|>>>

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Vulkhard Muller - 11-18-2019

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: New Kids on the Block:.

You have certainly piqued the interest of many of my members,

Tarancon is in a very sensitive location. Precariously perched in a position with The Core to the left, The Order to the Right, and Nomadic forces all around. As if all of that wasn't enough, it is situated on the edge of one of Sirius; largest space based graveyards, seconded only maybe by New London Orbit at current. The bases location makes supply runs difficult, most of its structure (if you look closely) is the remnants of ships pulled out of the graveyard. Supplies are difficult to come by, Nomads destroy most ships in the area as quick as quick. That being said, if you can bring in 10,000 Manifolds to the station I would be willing to give you 10 Million credits for your troubles, our ships have been tied up handling contracts in the core worlds that the last two shipments out there were missed.

On to The Black Liner, Vieques moors are always open to all Junkers. Please come and get your ship repaired before you take off on your next endeavors. There is no stigma on Vieques, you need not worry about any of your past vices, it is very much a sanctuary for Junkers.

As for the Collector, I see no issue here, feel free to purchase one from any Junker base you can find one on.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-18-2019

Congress,

Stakes appear to have raised since I last sent this transmission. Nonetheless, it doesn't affect any sort of deals we might have. While I believe it would be a lot for the Congress to simply do such act for separated Junker family such as my own, I will offer you an insight.

I believe I can offer more than some manifolds, Mister Tiltman. I gave it a lot of thought on this request, and prefered to keep it as subtle as possible until as of late. I believe I can rebuild Tarancon entirely. Re-aligning, dome reconstruction, a small shipyard for the Omicron Junkers...I have high hopes. Maybe a bit too high - but it has to be worth it. Omicron Minor is a large graveyard, filled with Order and Core technology alike. This chance can't be missed. So what do I ask of you, Mister Tiltman? The Administration of Tarancon. Straight and to the point. With the Junker Congress supervision, of course. The cleanup of Omicron Minor can settle deals with both factions in question, thus opening even more profit opportunities.

I will be waiting on your reply.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-23-2019

Congress,

My aplogies for the late update on the situation. Days ago the Voltaic Junker convoy has delivered more than 10,000 Manifolds. "Village.Of.Scrap", "Vagrant" and "The.Black.Liner" have delivered these materials and the crew aboard my Liner has begun to use given material in makeshift repairs. The convoy didn't go flawless, though. Something went wrong and I couldn't obtain the first manifest of the manifold delivery from the Black Liner - so to be sure you wouldn't interpret this as a blatant lie to simply avoid work , I landed another full delivery.

On another subject, I would like to know whether the Congress has decided if Tarancon should fall in the hands of the Voltaic Junkers - administratively wise -- so that we may begin mass salvage operations.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 11-24-2019

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: LOW SECURITY

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

ACCESS FOR "RECIPIENTS": Read; Write;

VISUAL LINK NORMAL

[Image: Lrvfg9Q.jpg]

Hello, mister Vaughn.
I am Rell Harrow, Rheinland Director of the Junker Congress.
Firstly, I would like to apologize for the delay. Things are rather busy right now and I am still trying to catch up on the work that was left for me.

I'm sorry to inform you that Arbiter Tiltman is currently indisposed, a state which is likely to continue for roughly one more week, possibly more, possibly less.
I have been tasked to handle communications until he is available again. While this temporary role does hold some power within the Congress, it is far from enough to make a decision of such magnitude.
I therefore can't make a call on the administration of Tarrancon. I will pose this question to the Arbiter once he resumes his position.

On to a happier note. I am very thankful for the delivery of manifolds to Tarrancon. I sometimes visit the base myself and bring supplies to some of the poor fools there. Did you meet captain Brake? He's a very helpful individual who holds some knowledge about the surrounding area. In order to get to know him, you really only need to offer him a pint in the bar.

Anyway. I will gladly pay you for your supply runs and will even throw in a bonus, effectively trippling the amount.
As a result, each delivery vessels will receive 10 million in the coming hours.
I haven't been given access to the Congress treasury, so I will send the payment for the fulfilled contract from my personal account.

Signed;
Rell Harrow.

COMMUNICATION OPEN TO REPLY

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-24-2019

Mister Harrow

Rheinland Director of the Junker Congress? My my...I am almost tempted to ask if you people have ties with the Bundestag - Voltaics could use a few Wraiths and Phantoms to tinker with. Leaving pleasantaries and assumptions aside...

Thank you for your fast answer. It is nice to see that this transmission has not been forgotten. I am sorry to hear that Arbiter Tiltman is currently indisposed. I will keep this transmission with high priority until he may come back in a better mood.

On another tone, yet another set of negotiations has begun. I was informed that the Bretonian Armed Forces took advantage of the siege of Trafalgar, and took the station for their own use. Currently I am hoping that the Kingdom is open to negotiations which I started couple hours ago.

I hope the Junker Congress would be involved in reclaiming Trafalgar one way or another, as it represents a major link to a very profitable situation in Bretonia - and one that Junkers can both increase their reputation with, and make a coin out of it.

Operations are on the rise, mister Harrow. There is so much to do in so little time; I will be waiting for your reply.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 11-24-2019

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

VISUAL LINK NORMAL

Mister Vaughn.
I am sorry to say that the title of "Rheinland Director" merely means that I handle contact with any Rheinlandic factions who the Congress interacts with. We do not have access to any such tech as you described.

Concerning Trafalgar, the Congress has already finalized a working contract with the Bretonian Armed Forces (BAF|).
The base is and will remain under BAF| control for the forseeable future and we will begin work on repairs within the next few weeks.

Signed;
Rell Harrow.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Tenseiken - 11-26-2019

COMMUNICATION INITIATED

VISUAL LINK NORMAL

Mister Vaughn.
After much discussion within the congress' chambers and a quick survey among those captains and occupants concerned, a consensus has been found.
Your request of administration over Tarancon Base in Omicron Minor has been granted.
This grant comes with a few select strings attached to it and only comes into effect should you accept the conditions. However, most of what is to follow is up for negotiations, should this not be to your satisfaction.
Firstly, one of our engineers named "Chuck Marren" is to be allowed permanent residence on the station. I don't know if you've met him. He's the overweight fellow who is amazing at repairing the station's generators and who's kept much of it up and running over the last few years. He is a member of the Junker Congress and wishes to retain that affiliation.
Secondly, captain Brake, of whom I spoke earlier, has been granted a daily allowance of five free drinks in the bar for his deeds in defending the base from minor nomad attacks.
Third and potentially most important, the Junker Congress retains its rights to use the station as a haven of operations within the Omicrons and both Congress and independent Junker ships are to be serviced for the regular repair and maintenance fees.
Fourth, the Congress retains its right to use the station as a meeting point. Conference room IV on sub deck II is to be reserved for such meetings and will not be used by any other groups.
Fifth and last, should the Voltaic Junkers ever disband, control over the base will revert to the Junker Congress. While this last point may sound crass, the Omicrons are a dangerous region of space. Should things to awry, then the people on the base need to endure somehow and a condition such as this would ensure their survival.

Would you agree to these terms and conditions?
Do you wish for any alterations or additions?

Signed;
Rell Harrow.

RE: To: The Junker Congress - Goliath - 11-26-2019

Mister Harrow

These are great news. I thank you personally in the name of Voltaic Junkers for handing over the administrative rights to us. While I am fine with most terms, I would like to clarify the following:

•All Junker Congress personnel will be given shelter aboard Tarancon, including "Chuck Marren" and Captain Brake. This also applies to the Independent Junkers.

•While I welcome the Congress to arange meetings, I wish to be notified of who visits Tarancon along you. This is for safety concerns while Voltaic engineers take on a nearly endless cycle of repairing Tarancon.

•Should Voltaics disband, I ask for the Congress to keep our work alive by guarding one of the greatest salvage graves known to date that we actively conduct operations on.

With that being said, these are the only things I ask for. Thank you again for giving the Voltaics the chance to change Tarancon for the better.