Discovery Gaming Community
BND| Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: BND| Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=174866)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Thunderer - 11-11-2019

(11-11-2019, 07:08 PM)Lucas Wrote: Completly stealing the BDM's formatting and even used pictures is more than just a little distasteful, even if you made it while you were still in it.

The logic of this sentence is weird...

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Hawkee - 11-11-2019

Come on don't be rude to the guys!! Everybody steal from everybody so cover your ears let the guys do what ever they want..

anyway good luck to you guys!!!

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Avalanche - 11-11-2019

(11-10-2019, 11:43 PM)BND Wrote: In the matter of colours, templates and presentation: as they were created by the same person, who holds the copyright on said templates & has their own unique design philosophy for such things, there is naturally a great deal of overlap. I am certain that as time & plot progresses, both factions will be making adjustments to their info pages to reflect changes that occur inrp. In response to @Avalanche 's question: the same is true of the logo - both the BDM's images and BNDs images are owned by the same person; the observant will also notice that the BND logo is actually not the same image. More broadly, as Burning correctly points out, it is the accepted style for MND factions, largely as a result of Sky's hard work over the years.

At the end of the day you're a group who want to fly under a banner and make a name for yourself and I wish you all of luck. You can become something great I am very sure.

Just on the note of copyright since it's a word you brought up - BDMs logo which dates back its inception in 2011 are not yours or Sky's. Just a little FYI. Your logo is recycled. Different ultimately but everyone knows its the same still. Same goes for the Company of Heroes online ranking logos which I used back in 2011.

I don't think anyone either is really feeling emotionally upset by the similarities between yours and other factions design work. I think everyone just recommends very strongly that you try and visually identify yourself differently otherwise you will forever be plagued with people either confusing you with BDM on the forums or just having a grudge against you whether justifiably or not.

But as I said before, it's good to see the energy of a new faction and I recommend editing the OP so people can click to your other important threads easily.

All of luck.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Durandal - 11-12-2019

[Image: CuStxtU.png]

The Hellfire Legion engaged both Rheinland and Libertonian forces during the Liberty Rheinland war.
The Hellfire Legion, though admittedly I have been out of the loop for a year, has not considered Rheinland a hostile entity since the end of the war unless something has changed, which I highly doubt.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Liberty.In - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 06:33 PM)Durandal Wrote: The Hellfire Legion, though admittedly I have been out of the loop for a year, has not considered Rheinland a hostile entity since the end of the war unless something has changed, which I highly doubt.
Most likely, your faction is perceived as a potential ally in activities against Liberty.

It was also with the Cadiz Cartel, who regarded the Council as potential partners, although the Council treated all the outcasts the same. On the other hand, it’s up to you to judge as the leader of the HF (at least to the former).

(11-11-2019, 07:08 PM)Lucas Wrote: Completly stealing the BDM's formatting and even used pictures is more than just a little distasteful, even if you made it while you were still in it.
That on top of the fact that your 1ic has tried to rid BDM of faction assets before to a point where they had to establish a new rule to prevent that sort of stuff in the future AND having your feedback locked within the first few hours make me think that you are off to a really bad start.

SkyNet did not seek to rid the faction of its assets - it sought to return what it considered "its own right" (he wrote about this in the sanctions of himself).

As for formatting, I agree and agree with you - any fraction should have an original concept that is not similar (or weakly similar) to the basis on which their design was made. And here the argument that "hell, I did it - I will do it again" does not work: if the artist is talented, his next picture will be better than the previous one (my opinion, I don't wanna talk smth bad to SkyNet sure).

One way or another, the “bad start” of the faction is most likely caused by the negative reaction of the community itself, and not by how the representatives of the faction responded to this reaction (maybe I'm wrong - I saw this topic only when it was already closed and cleared of unnecessary messages). I have been in such situations many times and would not be surprised if everything was the same here, as I wrote above.

I think we can only wish good luck to this faction, to monitor how they will fulfill their RP and PvP - alas, we cannot judge the whole faction just because they copied someone’s design or their leader has a bad reputation (or had some time ago). At least, I am well aware of SkyNet's design skills - I’m sure that he will succeed. And I think that the extra criticism that he knows about will only push him away from work and demotivate him for some actions. Just wait until the relevant updates happen (or get an answer that there will be updates at all). This is not done in one day, and those who work with formatting in these forums will understand me.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - SkyNet - 11-13-2019

We expected a difficult start. Nothing can be worse than the ice-cold shoulder i received in the past 3 months.

No, i never asked to clean this thread. Toxic posts will vanish on their own.

No, i never claimed to be the owner of the BDM logo. It is the work of @EisenSeele , @Tabris or @Lobster , which was available as low-resolution image only. The new logo i made fits us more because it shows that we are a former BDM agency, with the difference of being loyal to the government. And if you take a closer look at all other images, you will notice slight differences too. I think we can find a nice replacement for the Company of Heroes ranking logos at given time.

Since the Lib-Rhein war, we were always seeking cooperation with unlawful groups in Liberty. The Hellfire Legion is no exception to that. However, since a firefight between RM and HF in Hamburg, we were never given the opportunity to do so again. Me and my wingmen barely escaped an HF ambush during an excursion in Liberty. Hence the bad rep.

What concerns the BB code and most of the images, it is a blatant copy of my own work, with some improvements. Shame on me. I do not intend to completely re-invent my concept, that will be changed at BDM's side anyway. They wanted this change, but we want to preserve our old style, because else it would be lost in this absurd war of ideology.
The BND is and will stay loyal to Rheinland, no matter what government is in place. Simply because Rheinland needs a lawfull intelligence agency ingame-presence. Republic or imperial, it realy doesn't matter because my personal opinion about ideology has nothing lost inside the RP environment. In the end it's just pure RP and nothing will change at all. Therefore we will stand behind the Bundestag votes and don't start a rebellion just because of personal worldviews. What brings me to the next point:

I'm certainly not to be made guilty for BDM's playerbase breaking apart nor am i responsible for the mistakes of the current BDM 1iC. It was not me who had the idea to RP the commit of high-treason (against the protests inside the BDM HC mind you) and spread it across the news network, so that whole Sirius can see how the BDM goes renegade. It was not me who forced this upon our members just because a Bundestag vote didn't go right.
What nobody seems to know is, i was the one who had to limit the damage of this RP, which was about to escalate. After one year, i came back from my break were i got pulled straight into another dickwaving contest. I just stopped trying and left the faction at the point were i realised that all hope was lost and my say as HC member and as a friend had no meaning to Geoff at all. And i remember at a discussion with him were he said he wanted his char to die in a huge mess. Can't change it if he want to sacrifice the faction that hard for personal RP, ideology or for what reason ever.
The BND exists only because we do not want to end as outlawed faction. We want to continue the RP we had begun before. And we do not want to see this sort of dictatorship in our faction ever again.

The new rule that was mentioned here, was implemented only to get away with less paperwork in this totaly messed up ideology war, because the background of this is much more complex than just my sanction on forums. For me it felt like the favor between friends. I already wrote a bible full of reasons why it was wrong to turn a blind eye in favor to the faction side and ignore evidences, while sanctioning and forcing me into an involuntary donation as single person. I can proof that i'm the owner of the ships and that the way of how these ships were taken was harmful, up to the point at were they were held hostage to combat and blackmail me - the "pesky imperial scum" i am.

That being said, i'm still waiting for a response of the GMs regarding this case.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Saronsen - 11-13-2019

so what do you do differently besides being Rheinland military with an MND ID?

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - SkyNet - 11-13-2019

What all secret services do. Collecting intel, raiding Gamma every day and stealing Pepe's Nutella. (: Things that were neglected all over the years.

Rheinland has the advantage of being located between Liberty and the Omicrons. Together with Core we plan to revive the good old Omicron expeditions. Hopefully we will meet resistance from Order and Nomads. I do also hope to bring RM and KNF into the boat, like in the old days.

Another option would be secret wars between LSF and MND, because of their history in nomad research. The idea contains an option for both factions to raid Alaska's and Thuringia's secret facilities. Both systems are just a few jumps away and, after some preparations, it might have the potential to become a great activity source. The wars are being kept secret, in order to not alert other houses of their nomad experiments.

What we do not want to do is to build another PoB. The past has shown that our main activity was almost entirely dedicated to build and mentain a base, which was hard work and kept us away from playing the game. Fun is our focus this time.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Avalanche - 11-13-2019

(11-10-2019, 11:43 PM)BND Wrote: In the matter of colours, templates and presentation: as they were created by the same person, who holds the copyright on said templates ... the same is true of the logo - both the BDM's images and BNDs images are owned by the same person.

(11-11-2019, 09:10 PM)Avalanche Wrote: Just on the note of copyright since it's a word you brought up - BDMs logo which dates back its inception in 2011 are not yours or Sky's. Just a little FYI.

(11-13-2019, 05:36 PM)SkyNet Wrote: No, i never claimed to be the owner of the BDM logo. It is the work of @EisenSeele , @Tabris or @Lobster , which was available as low-resolution image only. The new logo i made fits us more because it shows that we are a former BDM agency, with the difference of being loyal to the government.

You never did, but your faction's official forum account did. I had that logo made when I launched the BDM|, not those you listed.

[Image: mnhfMji.png] [Image: bnd1uakfg.png]

Your logo is the same. The BDM logo isn't lore so you basically are simply using someone elses work. It disheartens me to see you think it's acceptable behaviour and seen indifferent to this.

RE: BND| Feedback Thread - Greed - 11-13-2019

Ngl, this looks like a LIDL BDM.