Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers (/showthread.php?tid=174927)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Lane Hackers - Goliath - 11-13-2019

[Image: ndPOrO3.png]

To whom in may concern,

I believe we have talked already about this matter, but I'll make myself repeat just to be sure all has been clarified should you continue proceeding with this deal I am coming you with.

I grew tired of how Liberty tries to hide what is behind Zone-21 with dumb, very dumb questions. "What minefield? I don't see any.", "Zone-21? What is that?" are just a few of these lines when I asked specific Officers. I was threatened, shot at, and other things that would only make this transmission longer than it should be. For what? Entering through the backdoor - An unstable Jumphole in Omicron Minor. An unknown system to me which surprise - included a wide population of Liberty Navy vessels from snubcraft to Capital Vessels. I need to know about Zone-21 and the Jumpgate within - which is apparently locked to my scanners. The only identification I could extract is "Alaska". Naturally, the payment for this task is 100,000,000 Million S.C upon receiving the info. No strings attached - but I expect the data to match the said amount of money.

[Image: tnMSJHT.png]

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Raphael Drake - 11-14-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Assassin.Raphael.Drake.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 144c.png][Image: 3w.png]
[Image: 10w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 33w.png][Image: 40w.png]

Greetings Mr.Vaughn,

my name is Raphael Drake, Assassin of the Lane Hackers and I am currently working on your request. I can understand your curiosity and believe me that the Navy or the Liberty Security Force will ever tell anything about Alaska to anyone, only their higher-ranking specimens know about the system at all. However, I can send you a brief data package in the form of pictures of the mentioned system. All I can say for now, speaking from my military experience, I only can guess that the system is a secret testing ground for prototypes of any kind of ship class that the Liberty Navy is developing now and in future. For more detailed intel I'd have to interrogate a few higher ranked Navy or LSF officers.

Anyways, the locked gate within Zone-21 is the main passage to Alaska and I highly do not recommend to use this path entering the system as it is highly protected through weapon platforms, local patrols and the near stationed Battleship Missouri will stop you before you can even breach through Zone-21. I believe a good hacker would be able to unlock the mentioned gate but it is too dangerous to enter Zone-21 at all, only to be captured on the other side of the gate by a massive fleet of Navy and LSF vessels. Another way of entrance into Alaska which is a bit less defended and guarded is Zone-63 in Virginia, however, if you are going through this passage a cloaking device is your best friend since the passage is very tight even for fighter class vessels and the stationed Battlecruisers will rip your hull into pieces. The safest way to enter Alaska without a cloaking device would be as you already mentioned the Unstable Jump Hole connection from Omicron Minor. Keeping this in mind a venture into Alaska is very risky even with good preparation and knowledge about the system itself as it is very highly patrolled by LSF and Navy at all times to maintain the system locked down from unwanted guests.

I combed through the system and took visual proof of everything I've seen so far. Coming from Virginia I started my systematic search around the clock and I've found a station orbiting the near Planet Anchorage, it appears to be Prison Station Fairbanks - the purpose of the station is fairly unknown and the precise coordinates of the station are Beta Four - Alaska. In the north of the system is a large derelict station under the former control of the LSF, scans do not show any sign of combat destruction or reactor failure, the purpose of the station is fairly unknown - precise position of mentioned derelict is beta two - Alaska. The derelict station is very close to the Unstable Jump Hole connection to Omicron Minor. Going more south I found another Prison Station - Prison Station Mitchell, it has roughly the same size as Prison Station Fairbanks on the westside of the system.

The great surprise is actually the south side of the system as it appears the be the main hub of Alaska with another Jump Gate and a very large shipyard. I guess the Jump Gate is the main entrance and exit into Zone-21 on the other side in the New York system. This is all I know for now. If you require more information I will do what I can to satisfy you. I will upload all visuals into a separate folder.

I am expecting to hear from you soon Mr.Vaughn.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Goliath - 11-14-2019

Mister Drake,

Its good to see that the Lane Hackers didn't turn down on such a demanding task. I like that.

The fact this..."Alaska" is some sort of secret testing ground was already obvious, but thanks for confirming it. What trully gives me a headache is the purpose of locking down an entire system and a bit of New York. The Navy - and the LSF - wouldn't put so many defense systems unless what they are doing in Alaska is either so dangerous they fear it could escape into Liberty and cause mass destruction, or there is something that puts dirt on the House's name. Human rights abuse, Nomad experimenting - since I personally saw several Nomads linger in Alaska as I got through the Unstable Jump Hole. These are just theories, anyway.

About entering Zone-21...I have a solution to it that allows me to do regular visits - The Black Liner. Currently it undergoes repairs at Pacifica and other upgrades so that it fends off any hostile encounters it may have, so it will take a while. My next expedition will take a while itself, since my best ship undergoes heavy modifications. The fact that the Liberty Nave showed open hostily towards me really pissed me off, you see. I won't just stand while my life was put at risk whether the Navy - or at least one of the officers already apologized for this. People don't just forget they had a gun at their head, Mister Drake.

Regardless. Thank you for the data and pictures. I am eager to see what else you can dig out regarding Alaska. And maybe sent a team on that abandoned LSF station. Who knows, maybe some files still reside.

And one more thing, secondary to this matter. Do the Hackers have something similar to an Identification Scrambler? You see, if I will enter Alaska, I'd rather not have my affiliation pop up like the lights of a Christmas tree.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Raphael Drake - 11-16-2019

...uploading.data...

Mr.Vaughn,

it is very reasonable for anyone who does not want to be surprised by inquisitive eyes or unnecessary attention. I can understand your feelings and treatment by the LSF and Liberty Navy but I think that you were lucky enough to get out Alaska alive. Talking about another detour into Alaska could bring greater risks and your first "accidental" discovery of the system, I bet the Liberty won't get you away from them that easy as they did the last time. I have my doubts that your vessel is able to defend itself against the Navy and LSF behind the Alaska Jump Gate, don't get me wrong here, I don't want to sound hostile it's just my opinion and I think I cannot stop you from re-entering the system again.

Anyways, regarding the Jump Gate, we, unfortunately, cannot provide you with access codes since we think you lack the ability to properly use them, the override is too complicated to explain and working yourself into one of our methods would take months but not years. However, if you are still interested in obtaining one of our Minified Spyglass Scanner's just send me a message I'll be able to set up a deal for you Mr.Vaughn. Regarding the intel about Alaska itself, I will try to hunt down a few higher ranked specimens of the Liberty Navy or Liberty Security Force and convince them to tell me a few things about Alaska and the purpose of it. Identification Scrambler? I am not sure if the Professors are fine with giving someone such kind of technology without being good business partners for a long time if you understand what I mean.

I am expecting your message Mr.Vaughn.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Goliath - 11-16-2019

Mister Drake,

Your concern regarding my well being is...heartwarming. However, I have my ways to make sure survival odds are optimal. My fighter currently undergoes heavy modifications. I have a wide array of connections that will get me what I want. Never underestimate a Junker. Naturally, entering Alaska is suicidal on its own, and obviously I won't be an idiot to go in and out as I please trying the Navy's nerves.

Regarding the access codes...I feel mildly insulted. I get it that the said "Alaska" Jump Gate is probably the most heavily encrypted structure in Liberty, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to learn over time as you yourself said. Moving on.

I would very much like to have the minified Spyglass Scanner mounted on my Fighter. Provided you can obtain one for me at a reasonable price, this piece of equipment would do a fine addition. Reasons were stated before as you are already aware, so I won't repeat them. About the identification scrambler. Mister Drake, I wouldn't have contacted the Lane Hackers if I didn't trust you had what it takes for this task worth 100,000,000 Sirian Credits. This scrambler is essential for my future plans, and if needed, I can aswell slide in and say that possible cooperation is possible. You said the Professors can't give away such technology without knowing me as a business partner for long enough. So how about this: You give me what I need and I help the Lane Hackers over things you would need in time. Transporting goods, peeking around Liberty. You name it. Of course, I won't barge in and force you to take this offer; I just told you that I am more than happy to assist the Hackers if needed for that Identification Scrambler.

I will wait for your reply.

...uploading.data...

Greetings Mr.Vaughn,

I have talked to some Professors and we are able to provide you with the necessary equipment for a price obviously. Since I haven't delivered the full intel it would be rude from my side to ask for the full payment, I am satisfied with 50.000.000 S.C for the Alaska job for now. The Scanner is a very important tool in our arsenal which isn't cheap after all, it will be 260.000.000 S.C for the Scanner and another 5.000.000 S.C for the Identification Scrambler. Talking about further business, I'd like to know more about you in person and I think we will be able to get along if there is a need for my assistance in the future. Just tell me if you are willing to pay the price or you need further negotiations, as soon as you are ready I'll get everything mentioned above and we'll set up a meeting somewhere on neutral ground.

All in all, we speak about 315.000.000 S.C worth of equipment and intel.

I am expecting to hear from you Mr.Vaughn.

Mister Drake,

The price is reasonable. While I'd love to transfer the money right now, I believe it would make all the more sense to meet in person as you wanted. Negotiations regarding cooperation between me and the Lane Hackers can be discussed. Bring the required equipment along and I will come with the cash. One thing, though. The Job is not done, and I still need that information from "higher-ranked navies and LSF" - so please don't forget about it. I propose a place close to Magellan, but also one that doesn't stray too far into the unknown. Naturally, the scanner can't be delivered right now. Bit - the AI that is currently with the very ship that undergoes modification - is at Ames. He is being worked on by the GRG which means he's unavailable. I will contact you personally for when I will have the newly improved vessel ready for Spyglass and Scrambler modifications. Or who knows, maybe I'll land the CV-2400 on Mactan - should I have your blessing to do so.

...uploading.data...

[Image: 144a.png][Image: 3w.png]

Good, then we have a deal Mr.Vaughn, as I said, half the job half the money. However, our meeting point won't happen at Mactan, we usually do not let strangers on the station itself and you'd need clarification from one of the Professors to land without being shot down by one of our patrols. I'm going to propose two locations, the Freeport 4 wreck in Magellan or Barrier Gate Station in Coronado, the choice is yours. In this meeting, I will hand over you the Scanner and the Identification Scrambler, both can be transported on vessels up to bomber class, the presence of your liner is not needed in this case. Considering the worth of the cargo I will bring a few other Lane Hackers with me, they will leave as soon as the cargo has been delivered and the money paid, it is a simple security measure from my side, I hope you understand. All you need to do is to tell me the location and the exact time and day when our meeting has to occur via a private channel. Until then, it was a pleasure making business with you Mr.Vaughn, we will stay in contact until I finish the other half of the Alaska mission.

I am looking forward to your message Mr.Vaughn.

Mister Drake,

It will be sooner than you think, Mister Drake. For the time being I will come personally - accompained by one or two associates to retrieve the cargo and get it to a remote location safely. Wouldn't want to lose this cargo so easily, yes? I completely understand your security measures, and I hope you will understand mine too. Who knows? Maybe in the meantime we could clarify other terms of...cooperation. As stated before, I am more than willing to help the Hackers.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Goliath - 01-10-2020

Drake,

It has been a while, has it not? I come to you with another task which includes a bit more action than the last - and some diplomacy in process. Sadly the first part is always boring. Diplomacy must first be done.

With the coming end of a certain contract, I came to the conclusion that certain actions must be done. One such action is improving relations with the Liberty Separatists in a sort of mutual assistance - by financial and material means. While Junker Bulldogs and Collectors do just fine in deterring any unwelcome guests to Voltaic Operations, we have no bombers or more prepared Very Heavy Fighters - let alone weaponry. I was wondering if you could perhaps speak with them on this matter. Voltaic Junkers already have access to Military Salvage - so maybe we could put some to good use.

By no means I expect the Separatists to just hand over blueprints or their expertise in building the ships themselves for us whether they might be covered in rust or not, so if they want to cooperate in a more specific set of terms then I trust you will be of assistance. I am asking you not only because I lack their contact, but also because you must have way more experience with them. I'll make sure it will be worth your while.