Discovery Gaming Community
The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) (/showthread.php?tid=175029)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Wolfgang Weisen - 11-19-2019

Wolfgang was sitting on a couch on the backside of Cochrane's bar. He didn't choose to go to the main section of the establishment because Cochrane's bar was famous for the female slaves which were serving as well as the shows they offered, usually naked. He expected his companion won't appreciate that sight, but he grinned at the thought on the occassion that she did.

As a true Rheinlander, he arrived a few minutes before the meeting. While waiting, he looked outside the windows of the bar. The view outside was mostly dark and empty since Ontario's sun was on the opposite side of the station. He zoomed with his eyes and noticed some faint flashing lights slowly growing. That must have been the daily Junker shipment from Thunder Bay to the north.

The Emissary sighed at that thought of having more work after dealing with Valerie. If everything went well, he would be a happy man by the evening's end, at least. Wolfgang wasn't so obsessed with expensive and luxury clothing as much as his colleagues, but he chose to wear some formal clothing for this meeting.

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Baphomet - 11-20-2019

As Valerie walked through the bar door, she noticed a semi lit blue neon light theme. Walking through the front of the Cochrane Bar a slight shiver waltzed through her spine at the sight of naked women. Some were serving the customers and some simply sat in their laps providing service and pleasure at the same time.

Not used to such sights she made haste to the bar counter and spoke a few words to a well dressed bartender. He smiled and made a gesture pointing to the back of the bar.

She saw Wolfgang half way in the back section and approached the couch:
" Some place you have here ", she took a cigarette from her arm pocket and lit it. With his right hand he motioned for her to sit down. She sat down comfortably and took a long drag from her cigarette.

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Wolfgang Weisen - 11-22-2019

Wolfgang made a sardonic smile on Valerie's comment.

"You will find that the life of an outlaw offers more liberties compared to the puritan and highly-regulated lifestyle of our law-abiding brethren."

The man said while scanning the woman with his eyes, top to bottom.

"As a matter of fact, there are many things you have yet to discover. And about the lives we lead. Are you attracted to this lifestyle, Ms Scorpion?"

However before giving her time to answer, the Rheinlander added.

"Oh, forgive my manners. What would you like to order my dear?"

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Baphomet - 11-23-2019

She sat down gracefully and put her cigarette in the ashtray. She shifted for a brief moment looking for a comfortable position. Then she motioned her hand to the bartender and when he finallly approached after a few moments, she said:
" Bring me a Mactan Cocktail please, i saw it marked as a menu special "

The bartender noded and walked away.

" Wolfgang, i would have never thought i would end up having a drink with one of your people. Not because i have something agaist you. On the contrary, you have shown me and my people no bad intentions. It is mearly because of the rumors i hear from the law abiding citizens of Liberty. On the other hand i heard same stories about the Maltese, but my visit to Malta has proven to be nothing but delight and welcomed open arms. So i will judge people by their actions towards me and my people.."

The bartender was back with a glowing purple drink and set it on the table in front of Valerie. She noded in appreciation.

" But, would you like to tell me a little bit of this life style you speak of? "

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Wolfgang Weisen - 11-26-2019

"Certainly." the Hacker said while the bartender served his drink as well.

"It is difficult to imagine this life, when you are constrained by artificial rules within an artificial life. You are programmed from a young age to think in a certain way, to follow certain laws even to what clothes to wear. If you dare to wear something that has been out of fashion for some time, you'll be casted as a fringe character."

Wolfgang was talking with confidence and a bit of excitement however he slightly lowered the volume his voice. His Rheinland accent became more obvious.

"Just imagine you could do all sorts of drugs, you could wear whatever you want, you will never have to worry about taxes or any other social obligation. But most importantly you can finally do all the things you wanted to do and couldn't. Like unleashing your sexual urges or even killing that boss which had made your life miserable. You could even own slaves if you wanted to. This is called individualism and our goal is to live our life to the fullest instead of simply being cogs on the never-ending corporate system."

The man said, curiously anticipating Valerie's reaction to all this.

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Baphomet - 11-26-2019

Valerie looked at Wolfgang as he was talking, her eyes widening at every following sentance. In the midst of the conversation her head was fully bowed, and she looked as though she was crying. Then she shivered slightly and began to rise her head slowly. What he could see in her eyes was not grief and despair, but shear blazes of hell fire and anger. Her negative energy was of a nuclear device ready to exlpode in the middle of a heavy populated area.

" All my life...the same thing....over and over, repeating. What close to wear, which shoes to take. Pay this and pay that. In school teaching us thing that our own human nature fights from inside knowing that the doctrine is wrong. Mind numbed heavily programmed parents, repeating what they were tought, not even trying to use their own thought. Broken and corrupt organisations leading the blind, thirsty across the sea of water. Be nice to your brother, be nice to your sister, be nice to your neighbour.....all over and over again until you cannot take any more, and all happiness you find are the thoughts of looking down the barrel of a phaser. People are bullcraped to such a heavy extent and finally they are broken, reset and ready to serve and protect the system that is eating away at their sanity, little by little, and the only real choice they have is what kind of sauce they want in the burger they ordered. Until you die with a final imbeded lie - I have done well, made kids, payed my taxes, been good to my neighbour and served the commuity......"

She was still very shaken and distrought in a slight disbelief on a way she opened up to ths man she only recently met. With shaking hands she pulled a syringe from her pocket and stuck it in her leg with much difficulty. She emptied the whole syringe in her thigh muscle.Within seconds her hands and face began to come at pece. Her eyes were normal again and she stopped breathing heavily.

" You must excuse me for this Wolfgang, without Stabiline I...I cant.... I hope i havent made a fool out of myself, but the things you said, stirred my own thoughts about society and mass manipulation. I guess its hard for me to find people who share my thoughts. At least it was until this moment."

She sipped he cocktail and lit another cigarette, fully calm and in control at this point

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Wolfgang Weisen - 11-27-2019

The Hacker was startled with Valerie's stabiline syringe. The substance was banned within Lane Hacker premises and their operatives have standing orders to destroy all stabiline cargo from intercepted transports.

"For all your talk you are still hooked up on Cryer's product." Wolfgang remarked. His face scars were somehow more visible under the dim light.

"What does stabiline offer you exactly? You still have to pay for it -- for life -- without gaining any advantage that cardamine provides."

The man asked. At that point he didn't know if Valerie was aware of her action or it was an act of defiance. Wolfgang would love to tame her either way.

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Baphomet - 12-01-2019

" I am sorry for my emotional outburst, i guess i forgot about my medicine in the morning. My fathers doctors were giving this to me. They called it HRT, or Hormone replacement therapy. I was lied to for the better part of my life. You do realize that Cryer's product is the only thing keeping me alive and i havent had the chance to even see or smell cardamin until 5 weeks ago. Im fighting this idea of taking Cardamine only because it is labeled as a banned substance and im a little afraid of it."

Suddenly she glanced around and noticed people staring at her. Some were just looking with intrigue, while others whisppered in eachothers ears, pointing a finger at the same time. Then she noticed a bar bouncer looking straight at her with an angry expression on his face.

" Umm Wolfgang? Why are they all looking at me like this? "

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Wolfgang Weisen - 12-07-2019

Wolfgang smiled after with Valerie's discomfort.

"We have standing orders to destroy any stabiline we can find. Bringing it on-board was not a smart move." Wolfgang said, giving time for Valerie to realize what is going on before adding. "Don't worry. As long as you are with me, no one will bother you."

The Rheinlander sipped some of his drink while his eyes wondered on a digital clock in a corner. 7 o'clock. The hour just changed and the music had slightly changed also, moving to a softer genre. Perhaps Valerie didn't know but in an ice asteroid with limited space, there were few bars that operated. Thus, it was fairly common for the bars to play different genres of music on different hours. To the untrained ear it was fairly common to miss that change; the transition from one genre to another was smooth, with tracks being played out that could be categorized on both music genres. These were called "bridge tracks".

"You know Valerie, I want to be your first." He said without breaking eye contact while his right hand produced a small vial with an orange substance. His tone wasn't demanding, but it was clear that what he offered was a prized gift.

RE: The Cochrane Date (3rd time) - Baphomet - 12-13-2019

She didnt take her eyes off of his, but the look was focused and nothing hostile in it.

" I deeply apologyse for my ignorance about your rules Wolfgang. "

She took a long breath as she studied the glowing liquid inside the vial. Her desire grew stronger. She noticed the music slightly change again, but it wasnt an agressive change yet rather a gentle one, like hot tea being poured in a mug. Slowly but steadily she extended her arm and reached for the vial. As they both held it, he loosened his grip and the vial was in her grasp.
Her eyes were now laser focused on Wolfgang and the rest of the world dissapeared from her thought.

" I am willing to understand the path, but i will need.....protection. My men, my drones might get hunted down, and as we go on this path together, alliances should be born anew. Trouble may and will arise, and i do not wish to stand alone. "

She incpected the vial of glowing orange color as if she saw beauty of an uncut diamond for the first time.

" With this in my veins and my blood, i will be branded a criminal, something i have shuned from all my life. But i guess it is time for me to finally embrace my birthright. Do not let me face the shadows alone Wolfgang. "

Valerie still looked straight in to his eyes, hoping he understands what she asks of him.