Discovery Gaming Community
Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen (/showthread.php?tid=175248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Banned player t202085 - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 06:50 PM)Timinator Wrote: Example Good luck Adventurer.

Hi Tim, have you looked at the other stats such as hull, hitbox and turn speed of those ships?

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Kanzler Niemann - 12-02-2019

Ok, I give you one gun from the Thor for a Hessian BC isn't that a good deal?

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Lucas - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 07:22 PM)Exe Wrote: superior Cruiser
When did Hessians get Donau in exchange for Vidar tho

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Hemlocke - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 07:22 PM)Exe Wrote: Jesus... this turned into a hate-parade by the usual specimens fast. Now lets do realtalk: The Thor is really too strong IMO. It has the turnspeed of a medium bmbr, 5 Guns in front plus the bomberguns of a heavy one and it seems to be flat aswell. This is my opinion, but i think its really unfair that the counterpart of the Rheinland Lawful Bomber is so overpowered, while the Bergelmir still isnt fixed. It was supposed to make it slower in the previous nerf, but its still just throtteled down to an insanely slow turnspeed wich makes it nonsense to use. I would like to appeal here to the authorities for such cases to either make the Fafnir smaller or buff the turnspeed of the Bergelmir again, to make this case even. The Hessians already have a completwly superior Cruiser, a Battleship with a forward gun and OP bombers. It would be nice to see some balance here, thanks.

Casual pity party and utter self centered paranoia of thinking people are out to get you. You said "IMO" which means your opinion, opinion doesn't hold any sway over whether something is balanced or not, "lets do realtalk" List some corresponding stats of both of the ships in question to prove without a shadow of a doubt which one is more broken.

Leave complaints about balance to pvpers that actually know what they're talking about in regards to how ship mechanics work.

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Exe - 12-02-2019

Ah okay so i dont know how pvp works. Well then this server is doomed, but i tried my best Smile Sometimes every help comes too late.

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Wesker - 12-02-2019

Dear god I JUST STARTED PLAYING STARCRAFT.

Natterturms are the hard counter to our other faction rivals, the Corsairs. Which possess a superior VHF with lower overall mass and more hardpoint guard. The Salamancas have the same stats. It's a copycat of one to the other. Hornvipers are tachyons that's why they're 700. Lasers are 750.

Being a better fighter pvper than all of the people in this thread and anyone else who commnets (yea I'm pulling that card because I don't feel like wasting the effort of breaking it down like I have for the past 5 years) I can tell you right now that all lasers in this mod are utter shit so it makes absolutely zero difference. If the guns get nerfed I could care less because you'd be completely missing the real VHF powerhouse weapon in our arsenal. I'd expect nothing less though from someone who's clueless on snub pvp and can barely turn his ship to save his life. (hence why he sits behind caps)

Imagine being a cap player and thinking you have any concept of how snub pvp works at the top level.

Now onto the thor.

The thor is a very good bomber, it handles at a good turn rate and has 5 guns facing forward. All to account for the fact that the ship is utterly massive and larger than any other heavy bomber in the entire mod. HOWEVER when you get people with brains behind heavy bombers, strange things start to happen such as those said players being able to fend off entire capital fleets with just 8 bombers because you can actually move in any direction other than a straight line. Mix this with the old scatter guns and we have a ship that creates a god like complex to the rest of the server. The thor possesses similar advantages to many heavy bombers. While you can cry about how it has 5 guns (btw I'm surprised it took you 3 years to notice, maybe this is just the next thing in line you've decided to cry about) you can also account for other advantages our adversaries have that we don't, like, idk, hmm... battlecruisers, dreadnoughts, and active indie playerbases.

There, I've said my part. Honestly It would made no difference if changes are made though since at the end of the day you need to have brains to take down the players behind shipclasses that actually require brains.

mission commission sighing off.

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Wesker - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 07:30 PM)Exe Wrote: Ah okay so i dont know how pvp works.

Not on the snub level you don't, lol.

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Jeuge - 12-02-2019

I got lost in these debates.

(12-02-2019, 07:00 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Ok, I will bite, what have we done now (I assume it is aimed at the GMs)?

Everything.

This is on you.

You are now RHA 1ic

Enjoy my pain

RE: Should some exclusivly chosen factions be allowed to use objectivly superior equipmen - Pepe - 12-02-2019

All factions should have access to ships:
- a light bomber
- a heavy bomber (with 5 guns, cuz heavy)
- also a heavy fighter with both CD and Torp hardpoints
In case some faction can't produce them, make alliances easier.

Guns:
- light guns with 750 speed
- heavy guns with 600 speed
- medium, but efficient guns with 650 speed

Other stats, like rate of fire and range, should be same for all, but... limited number of perks should be available for adjustments. PvP factions will use perks for guns, companies for mining/trade bonuses. How about we have perks fest two times per a year and inspire players to... ya know... play?

And pls don't someone tell me the obvious thing I can't PvP, but I can text in PvP thread. I'm just sick of "why yours is better than mine" threads.

P.S. does anyone pew anymore anyway?