Discovery Gaming Community
A Meeting on Sabah - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Meeting on Sabah (/showthread.php?tid=175318)

A Meeting on Sabah - Vovasishe - 12-07-2019

The command bridge of Her Majesty Ship "Resolution" wasn't really different from other bridges of the same class. Here, just like on any other bridge, life was in full swing. Every officer was at his post and doing his job. Suddenly, the loudspeaker croaked to life.

"Commander Blankership, report to the command bridge ASAP. You will be briefed when you arrive"

After sending this message, captain Eva Flameheart leaned back in her captain's chair. She closed her eyes and began to think about meeting with admiral. However, female voice didn't let her think about her work for a longer.

"Captain?"

Eva opened her eyes and saw sound source. Commander Blankership stood in front of her command desk and looked nervous.

"Captain? What's the matter?"

"Relax. I just leaving the ship to meet Cryterian admiral and discuss possibilities for the Bretonia Kingdom and Cryter Republic. I want you to take a command over the ship during my absence. Is the order clear?"

Commander Eleonore Blankership nodded.

"Order is clear, ma'am."

"Good. I don't know how much time negations will take, so take care about Resolution and her crew. Your ship, commander."

"My ship, captain."

Captain Flameheart smiled and left the bridge. She didn't wanted to waste any time, so soon she left the ship and made her way to the admiral Lisa Combes office. After a few seconds she knocked lightly on the door.

"Captain Flameheart. May I enter, ma'am?"

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Spectre - 12-07-2019

Combes was sat at her desk working, papers stacked a little and manila folders accompanying them. Looking over the operational objectives of the Military was a daunting task given where Crayter was going, but none of this seemed to trouble her. After all, war was her life, and if there was anything she knew how to do best, it was coordinating an effort to utilize ships to make it.

As the knock came in, she glanced briefly at the door of her admittedly smaller office. Her desk far to the opposite of the door with a small conference table in the center, surrounded by no more than twelve chairs. While personal affects lined the room, most of them were small, and given her background of rather favorable taste.
"Come on in, Captain," she said, finishing up a document to the Malachite before setting it aside, sitting back and awaiting the Captain's entry.

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Vovasishe - 12-09-2019

Captain Flameheart quickly entered the office and closed the door behind her. She looked around the room, and after that, Eva turned to Admiral.

"Admiral Lisa Combes. it's a grand pleasure to meet you face to face. Allow me to congratulate you with victory in Gallic war. Your pilots and warship captains fought hard in the Tau 31. Cryterian pilots are respected in Bretonia Kingdom. And today I want to discuss with you, how our nations can strengthen friendship bonds. But before we start, may I ask you a question? How's Hades and her battlegroup doing? We fought side by side during Ice Lance operation and we saved each other’s lives more than once."

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Spectre - 12-10-2019

Lisa eyed the veteran before her briefly, silently making a judgement of which she'd plug into the back of her mind. A minor one, which didn't seem to change her demeanor.
"I assure you the pleasure is all mine, Captain. The Hades and her staff are doing quite fine, all things considered. Her people have got the system nearly locked down from what I'd last read, so it's safe to assume that Harris and Holman will be free from directed pirate assaults for the time being. Timely, what with all the headaches that have been coming from Borneo as of late."
She sat back, clasping one hand inside the other and motioning to Flameheart towards the chair behind her.
"Please, take a seat. What is it you had in mind?"

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Vovasishe - 12-13-2019

"Thank you for your kindness, lady Combes."

Eva sat on a chair and put her hands on her knees.

"Alright Admiral, let's get down to business. When the war was ended, our Kingdom decided to express gratitude to our allies, such as you. But we can't express it only by words. So we decided to act through deals. As I said before, our Kingdom is want us to help you, so that's why we are here. However, we cannot engage in hostilities with major forces. But Resolution is still able to provide you help with peacekeeping operations and interception of smugglers. We can also assist you with any operations against so called "Enclave". If you have any other ideas, feel free to share it with me."

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Spectre - 12-19-2019

"Please. Admiral will do just fine, Captain."
She pondered Eva's words for a moment, coming to an internal agreement.
"I understand, and any gratitude is returned in kind. Things could have gone far beyond south during those pressing times, and having friends at our side kept our people from ending up subjects to a totalitarian regime. For that, Bretonia will always have my thanks."
She took a short but notable sigh before continuing.
"I can't really ask more of the Armed Forces or her personnel beyond what you already do. Keeping the Enclave at bay alongside Crayter forces is as much a joint effort as breaking Tau-31 was. With the war formally over, though, I have plans that involve the Outcasts. While I don't expect you or your crew to take a stance with us against them, as I'm sure that's beyond what you came here to do, observing their movements and getting a glimpse of how they operate may be an opportunity you'd be interested in."

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Vovasishe - 12-19-2019

"You don't need more Bretonia Armed Forces personnel, Admiral Combes. At least for a task, that you offered to me. The intel that we going to gather is useful for both of us, indeed, so on behalf of Resolution's crew I hereby accept your mission. I'll notify my HQ about it."

She glanced on Admiral and tilted her head slightly to the right.

"Is there something else you want to discuss with us? At my current position, I also able to discuss other topics, such as trade between our houses and so on."

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Spectre - 12-27-2019

Lisa pondered her words for a moment.
"I believe trade in detail is best left to those who have deep experience with it. The usual between our two people should still be good enough until more detailed discussions can be made. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to discuss. Did you have anything else, Captain?"

RE: A Meeting on Sabah - Vovasishe - 12-31-2019

"No, Admiral. That's all for now. I will report to you about Basilica ASAP through channel I used before."

She stood up and nodded to Lisa Combes.

"It was a great pleasure to meet with you, lady Combes. Until we meet again!"

With these words, she nodded to Lisa again, left the Admiral's office and quickly made her way back to the Resolution. She had no time to waste, and her first operation in Coronado will begin soon.