Discovery Gaming Community
Exile - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Exile (/showthread.php?tid=175444)

Pages: 1 2

Exile - Moka - 12-14-2019

[Image: PwAeaiy.png?1]

Borderworlds, Liberty Space

Moka was leaving Leiden for Shikoku but decided he needed to make a pass on Ames first to get some basic supplies for his trip north. It was going to be a long trip and as such he wanted one last stash of the Liberty luxuries.

His freighter docked with Ames and he disembarked and made way for the common area. He looked at his lackies picking up his gear behind him and they walked down towards the center.

[Image: pfX7Hby.png?1]

RE: Exile - Widow - 12-14-2019

Thing had been on the run for a long time, staying in the one house was a bad idea, and she knew it wouldn't be long before they caught up with her again. It was a nice week of what she classed as 'normal' life. On bases like this she only had to worry about the occasional pilot, but at least she could make herself vanish when it was necessary. She was checking over her ship one last time, ensuring the repairs had been completed well enough that the ship would hold itself together in space. Credits were, for the first time she could remember, getting tight. The basic supplies were all she could justify purchasing.

She caught a look at a familiar face, and she froze. It was him. She hadn't seen him for what felt like years. It took a moment, but she tried to carry on as if nothing had happened, as if she hadn't seen him. After all, she knew how ruthless he could be - and she was by all accounts a deserter.

RE: Exile - Moka - 12-14-2019

Moka turned back again to check on his lackies and in his glance something caught his eye. Something that sent a shiver down his spine. He tried not to look again but the overwhelming desire to be sure took hold.

It was Thing.

Moka was in a transitional period and things were monumentally changing in his life and while he took most of what was going on in his stride, this completely caught him off guard.

"Thing!" he half called in anxiousness. Quiet enough to think she didn't hear but loud enough for the sound to carry.

RE: Exile - Widow - 12-14-2019

Thing was in the middle of lifting the supplies into the ship, trying to make the most of the limited space. She wasn't sure if he would even recognise her anymore. Space was big, he would have seen hundreds of faces since she had left. He thoughts were interrupted by her name, she swore under her breath. A quick glance told her he knew. After all, he was looking right at her. She nodded before putting the bottle of water down and walking closer to Moka.

"I've outrun Tori this long, it will be OK, just breathe"

She was quietly talking to herself, and every fibre in her being was telling her to run. She was close enough, and glanced up at his ship.

"it's not like you to be out these ways"

She sounded cool, the tremor in her voice almost unnoticeable. She just kept telling herself, 'the warlord doesn't hunt people, he is a warlord not a grunt, and I am not that important' if she repeated the thought enough, maybe she would believe it.

RE: Exile - Moka - 12-15-2019

Moka scoffed "Ha, yes... about that." He looked around cautiously to make sure no one was paying them any mind. Last thing he needed was to be attacked during this unexpected distraction.

"Yes, Ames is my last stop in Liberty before I head to Kusari for a while. Things aren't all they seem here, as you well know. But speaking of knowledge, where the hell have you been?"

Moka noticed a slight essence of nervousness from Thing, but continues to play it cool to alleviate any sense of aggression. She did just pick up her shit and fuck off after all.

RE: Exile - Widow - 12-15-2019

She frowned. If she was hearing things correctly, the warlord has given up on the Rogues. She wondered what on earth had happened for things to have come to this point. When she left she was sure the Rogues would be in a place where they would continue to grow. The last thing she had expected to hear was this.

"so the warlord has flown the nest......"

She left it open for him to elaborate, should he choose to. Upon hearing his request for knowledge, she bit her nail, trying to decide how much information to pass on. She refused to mention him after all the only reason she left was to secure his safety.

"I..... I had something I needed to do. And by the time I was on my way back, a certain "friend" had already classed me as a traitor"

She didn't want to disclose anything more in fear of saying too much. She had barely stopped watching him, only to glance around at his crew to ensure no one was going to do anything stupid. The thought crossed her mind for a moment, maybe he didn't know about the prize there was to bring her home.... If he was leaving, maybe he just didn't care.

"Too be honest with you just like when Clyde Barrow ousted me, the same thing happened again. That c*nt Hemlocke and his bullsh!t gay boyfriends grew power hungry after I gave them a taste of it. And then Amy... my f*cking God. That b!tch is about as useless as tits on a bull but still thinks she had balls enough to undermine me. We were onto something good, but you of all people know how jealousy can turn creatures into monsters."

Moka noticed Thing eyeing things up, he was good with body language and then reassured her; "But don't stress, I've out grown the Rogues. Stupidity knows no bounds and as such I believe in the bigger picture. I will rule the Liberty blackmarket once again and as such, you shouldn't fear me or mine."

She was confused, they had a good thing going. Everything was running as it should be. She had little care left for any of the names he had mentioned, they had turned their backs on her. Some were new, the new generation of Rogues had no idea what they had done. She realized that she didn't actually care. To her they were dead.

"so the Padua Rogues are.... They are gone?"

The lack of empathy couldn't have been more obvious if she tried. She wanted to believe him about not having to fear him or her, but she was confused, the bounty was under his order, or at least that's what she had been assuming.

" I can't not fear you or yours if you were involved in deciding I needed to die as a traitor without even reaching out once. After everything, I would have assumed a transmission before I was sent into hiding"

She sounded either agrivated, or hurt. It was difficult to tell. She knew, however, that he would be true to his word about ruling the black market once more.

"You can blame Amy and Siren for that, they were both the ones who convinced me you were out to kill me. So I acted on information I trusted most." He scoffed, pausing momentarily "Look at where that got me"

He looked on towards where he was heading, then glanced back at Thing. "Look, I have to go. I have to meet my new business partners. But you keep safe ok? Any bounty put out by me is far invalidated so you can consider yourself safe from any threat from me. Was good to see you. You're looking good. And if you come across Amy, tell her that her head belongs to me."

Moka paused a moment, emotion starting to swell before he manages to stifle his deflated demeanor and offers his hand in a gesture for a hand-shake.

She shook her head and sighed upon hearing this.

"So much for friends, right? The ones who were meant to have your back....."

She nodded slowly, he had a plan. The meeting with the business partners would be the beginning. She actually looked forward to it. Change was a good thing, and by what she could gather the "new" Rogues were nothing but a group of traitorous scum.

"If I see Amy, I will bring you her head myself......"

She paused a moment

"Hey, In Kusari.... Keep an eye out for Pita, that kid, remember? Last I saw her she was in Shikoku.... Don't worry, she is being looked after. I... I gave her a decent sum to make sure she would be ok for a few years, but that must be getting close to drying up. I worry about her. Please, let me know she is ok if you find her."

She returned his handshake, a wiping a tear away with the other.

"And please.... Keep in touch, I will get any messages you send my way, I will respond to them. Let me know that you have arrived safely....."