Discovery Gaming Community
Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests (/showthread.php?tid=175455)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Xalrok - 12-14-2019

With no clear path forward for the implementation of player executed roleplay & stories, there has been a profound level of confusion and disconnect between the Discovery community and Development Team over story development praxis.

When the decision was made to allow faction leaders to impact tangible elements of the game world through their roleplay, it opened a Pandora's box of development requests across the community from faction leaders and regular members alike. This resulted in requests written without input from the development team, which were sometimes detrimental to the health of the mod. This created severe backlash when denied by the Development Team simply because the writing had already been done.

This is largely attributed to the lack of any clearly defined boundaries in what a player or group could reasonably request or hope to achieve, and the lack of any documented procedure for requesting such changes.

While the intent of Discovery Freelance RP 24/7 was never the canonization of player roleplay, we acknowledge and accept the fact that players wish to have an impact on the game world. We do not wholly believe that a degree of player influence is incompatible with Discovery's design ethos. However, in order to implement such requests into the mod seamlessly, a more refined method is necessary moving forward.

Attempted backroom deals and lobbying often resulted in poor communication. The RCR procedure will allow the community and Development Team to interface using a structured system with clear criteria and limitations in order to better facilitate the realization of player narratives.

The protocol for the RCR can be found here. This thread will remain open for questions, commentary, and feedback by the community.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Megaera - 12-14-2019

Bad players wanting to give input

Now pay one billion to have your say, no refunds

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Lythrilux - 12-14-2019

Is this specifically for ie some rando dude who wants to get mentioned in an infocard or for factions wanting to have their RP impact the mod? Or is that FCR (which I thought was for getting new factions in the game)?

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - SnakThree - 12-14-2019

Damn. Docking rings just got more expensive by 1 whole billion.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Durandal - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 09:38 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Is this specifically for ie some rando dude who wants to get mentioned in an infocard or for factions wanting to have their RP impact the mod? Or is that FCR (which I thought was for getting new factions in the game)?

This is for changes such as constructing, destroying, or capturing a base, building a docking ring or jump gate, changing an infocard to reflect a settlement on a planet, et cetera. The scope of the RCR is quite large.

The FCR is only for canonizing new factions.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Lythrilux - 12-14-2019

Can this be cleared up one more time because this quip sounds too ridiculous to be true;

So not only do you have to ask first before you can roleplay, but you must also now pay a non-refundable 1 billion payment and hope it doesn't conflict with any secret plans you're not privy to.

Is this a joke?

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - SnakThree - 12-14-2019

Will this be applied retroactively, for example to Docking Rings for Planet Pygar RP and event that was submitted two weeks ago?

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Hemlocke - 12-14-2019

Good meme

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Kalhmera - 12-14-2019

So in order to Role Play, I need to ask an already extremely busy Dev Team (and I use that in a loose term) and hope for a response sometime within the next century. I also need to pay 1 billion credits for it and HOPE it dosent conflict with any RP you are doing privately which could result in denial anyways.

I know this sounds extremely cliche but... You are really killing discovery.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Durandal - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 10:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So not only do you have to ask first before you can roleplay,
(12-14-2019, 10:22 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: So in order to Role Play, I need to ask an already extremely busy Dev Team (and I use that in a loose term) and hope for a response sometime within the next century.

Anyone can roleplay anything. You are very free to do any roleplay under the sun. You only need to file an RCR if you want that roleplay to result in a change which impacts the game world.

(12-14-2019, 10:22 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: and HOPE it dosent conflict with any RP you are doing privately which could result in denial anyways.
(12-14-2019, 10:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: hope it doesn't conflict with any secret plans you're not privy to.

This is why it's smart to ask before trying to change anything which you aim to canonize. We're not going to go "lol, file an RCR and see what happens." We will tell you in advance if there is a conflict. This is stated clearly in the RCR post.

(12-14-2019, 10:14 PM)SnakThree Wrote: Will this be applied retroactively, for example to Docking Rings for Planet Pygar RP and event that was submitted two weeks ago?

No. Standing requests will be processed as is.