Discovery Gaming Community
Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests (/showthread.php?tid=175455)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Lythrilux - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 10:23 PM)Durandal Wrote: Anyone can roleplay anything. You are very free to do any roleplay under the sun. You only need to file an RCR if you want that roleplay to result in a change which impacts the game world.

So progressive faction roleplay is effectively locked behind a gamble paywall. How would writing stories in the stories section and doing repetitive message dumps on the newest space fart be constructive to faction members/leaders who are itching for pace and things to do?

(12-14-2019, 10:23 PM)Durandal Wrote: This is why it's smart to ask before trying to change anything which you aim to canonize. We're not going to go "lol, file an RCR and see what happens." We will tell you in advance if there is a conflict. This is stated clearly in the RCR post.

What extent would this exactly cover? I'm only concerned because the story team has been known to keep secrets about the future of the story - and for good reason - but that can come into a direct collision course with player roleplay. Furthermore, I'm imagining the request still has to be approved and has no certainty of implementation or date of processing, which makes it even more of a gamble with both time and money in the mix.

You can't seriously talk to yourselves and think this is a good idea, at least how it's currently worded. I understand the need to improve the organization of the place as things seem to be very unorganized right now, but I assure you this is the furthest thing from a good solution to that problem. I don't see how anyone can look at this announcement and suddenly feel extremely thrilled and motivated to play the game.

At the very least ditch the 1 bil requirement, that's an awful idea. 100 mil would be a lot more bearable.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Thunderer - 12-14-2019

I like the anti-lobbying rule. It should be applied to everything. Lobbyists are a dev's prime enemy.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Megaera - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 10:23 PM)Durandal Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 10:22 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: and HOPE it dosent conflict with any RP you are doing privately which could result in denial anyways.
(12-14-2019, 10:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: hope it doesn't conflict with any secret plans you're not privy to.

This is why it's smart to ask before trying to change anything which you aim to canonize. We're not going to go "lol, file an RCR and see what happens." We will tell you in advance if there is a conflict. This is stated clearly in the RCR post.

This is the absolute worst. Remember when I was told to include this line to my OF ID?
- Can treat Samura, Hogosha, and Farmer's Alliance transports as combat

I submitted the ID with that line. What happened?
The line caused huge conflict with the staff and the ID itself was nerfed twice before being implemented, with that line entirely removed.
So don't come with that story.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Typrop - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 10:54 PM)Thunderer Wrote: I like the anti-lobbying rule. It should be applied to everything. Lobbyists are a dev's prime enemy.

"Hey guys wouldn't it be great to discount public opinion as a method of prioritization and vetting potential decisions?"
t. Devteam, December 14, 2019

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Thunderer - 12-14-2019

I don't think you quite understand what lobbying is...

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Groshyr - 12-14-2019

Not much actually. I like this idea

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - SnakThree - 12-14-2019

Drop money and player requirement.

This would certainly deescalate community's complaints about this thing.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Darkstar_Spectre - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 11:15 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Not much actually. I like this idea

Not everyone powertrades as much as you do grosh

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Shiki - 12-14-2019

I literally see no point in this existing since we have the "Mod Development Requests" section already. I see no reason why you couldn't request something like this there before. You offer basically the same functionality but for money now.

It will be the same people voting with the same reasoning.

RE: Notice: Roleplay Canonization Requests - Markam - 12-14-2019

I like this in theory, and I dont get why people are bothered about the 1 billion.

I am more concerned about the 2 month cooldown, the mod teams capacity to complete the changes, and the age old "is this RP sufficient?!" question that has no clear answer and has frustrated players especially regarding SRPs.