Discovery Gaming Community
Why not GC? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why not GC? (/showthread.php?tid=175507)

Why not GC? - Megaera - 12-17-2019

Recently processed requests:

- Xenos, Hogosha and Junkers can now attack each other anywhere, including transports.

Several months ago, a line similar to this caused alot of trouble for the GC- faction when I tried to get it implemented for on our OF ID. Getting it nerfed twice with the line completely removed from the ID.

Instead we got the line that we can destroy stabiline and artifact transports (we never found one in Kusari), and a line that lets us pirate samura anywhere.

I can understand this for Xenos, being a terrorist organisation by nature, but not why Junkers and hogosha get a line like this and not the Golden chrysanthemums, being a litteral terrorist organisation in the faction description.

Second. A faction like the blood dragons, which have battleships, got a line that lets them kill Samura transports.

So my question is. Why doesn't GC get a terrorist line? and with this I mean the indie GC ID (and in extensions the other OF IDs)

Edit: the line we tried to get implemented was:
- Can treat Samura, Hogosha, and Farmers Alliance transports as combat targets

RE: Why not GC? - SnakThree - 12-17-2019

Because those three factions are in a three-way rivalry over turf based on lore.

Do you have lore to support GC being archrival to Samura?

RE: Why not GC? - Megaera - 12-17-2019

"Matsuda decried what she saw as the corruption of the Kusari male-dominated culture and preached a revolution led by the long-suffering women of Kusari. These ideas were eventually encapsulated in Golden Chrysanthemum in Bloom, in which Matsuda described a fictitious nation called Yomi. A place of fat, lazy male bureaucrats who handed out concessions at the whim of entrenched mega-corporations"

Also the GC- player faction has Samura and Kishiro as their main antagonists since its creation.

Rumors
"I graduated from New Tokyo University with a degree in Quantum Engineering. I found work at Samura pouring coffee for my male boss. When the Golden C. approached me at a Roppongi bar, I jumped at the chance to finally fight back for the women of Kusari." - Hiromi Endo, Ainu Depot

"Once we are more established in Kusari, we will no longer need this hellish place. Samura puts much pressure on us. Only the assistance of the Blood Dragons has allowed us to survive at all out here." - Kazuko Hara, Ainu Depot

"We allow the Golden Chrysanthemums to land here, since they do not attack shipping indiscriminately. Their dispute is with the Kusari government and industry, and its stifling, paternalistic traditions. We at IC would view any reforms of Kusari society as beneficial to IC's interests."

That is nowhere close to other archnemesis beefs like Ageira/IC vs Hackers, or Mollys vs BMM. No surprise that you didn't get excessive permissions.

Then explain why Samura has the line:
- Can attack Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.

And Kishiro has the line:
- Can attack Farmers Alliance, Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.

and not in the reverse?

(12-17-2019, 09:01 AM)Megaera Wrote: Then explain why Samura has the line:
- Can attack Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.

And Kishiro has the line:
- Can attack Farmers Alliance, Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.

and not in the reverse?

Same as DSE having ability to shoot LH anywhere, but LH cannot shoot DSE anywhere. Oversight or simply to keep it fair (not necessary equal)

server down - Fruitloops - 12-17-2019

am i right and the server is down?

RE: Why not GC? - Goliath - 12-17-2019

Hogosha hate Xenos for their attempts to stop trade between Kusari and Liberty. They hate Junkers because they are a competition when talking about Underworld dealings.

Junkers hate Hogosha because they stop all operations within Kusari, actively locking them out from etc. Junkers also hate xenos cause they are a pain to deal with. While Xenos and Junkers have some common ideals, they are separated by the fact that Xenos would never deal with Liberty's underworld (Rogues, Hackers, Outcasts). Junkers offer shelter to Liberty's criminals and eventually supply them for a fee iirc.

All of these three organizations have lived for centuries, and not just decades. All in all, the hate is deep.

RE: Why not GC? - Typrop - 12-18-2019

(12-17-2019, 09:25 AM)Goliath Wrote: Hogosha hate Xenos for their attempts to stop trade between Kusari and Liberty. They hate Junkers because they are a competition when talking about Underworld dealings.

Junkers hate Hogosha because they stop all operations within Kusari, actively locking them out from etc. Junkers also hate xenos cause they are a pain to deal with. While Xenos and Junkers have some common ideals, they are separated by the fact that Xenos would never deal with Liberty's underworld (Rogues, Hackers, Outcasts). Junkers offer shelter to Liberty's criminals and eventually supply them for a fee iirc.

All of these three organizations have lived for centuries, and not just decades. All in all, the hate is deep.

At the same time, what Meg says seems to be backed by lore. This is more or less what the GC were created to rail against. A bit like Kusari's equivalent to Xenos.

Actually, there's a fair few comparisons to draw between the GC and Xenos. Both are political fringe groups with some level of population support, with GC it's downtrodden women, with Xenos, it's the oppressed working class. Both seek to supplant both the existing government and corporate body with one of their own design, so it would make some level of sense to advocate attacking business ventures by notable Kusari corporations. There's an ideological motive to attacking Kishiro and Samura shipments.