Discovery Gaming Community
4.86 Model Issues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: 4.86 Model Issues (/showthread.php?tid=17567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

4.86 Model Issues - Igiss - 03-10-2009

This is the official thread for posting all bugs related to ship models.

Those might include:
1) Corrupt textures
2) Wrong hardpoint placement
3) Incorrectly sized or malfunctioning hitbox
4) Unability of certain ships to undock from bases (especially planets)
5) Other problems directly related to the ship model, texture, and hitbox

What does NOT belong here:
1) Ship balance issues
2) Ship infocards and setup

4.86 Model Issues - michiyl - 01-31-2011

My post is about the Heron Civilian Train:

I've recently discovered what makes this fine ship seem to randomly disappear (if this has not been already done).
NPC Heron trains.
Yep, it's that easy! Just fly one around in civilized systems (like New Berlin to Stuttgart) where many NPC trains will appear, and before you know it your ship will turn into "stealth mode" once the NPC train model is out of your view distance (this is about 2.5k on my system). And I had the "opportunity" to have a talk with another trader who told me that my "ship was gone but still there" ...

In my theory, once you're launching from a base, the model is properly initialized with all its textures. When suddenly the NPC train is in view distance, the textures of the player ship are connected to those of the NPC ship, and as soon as the NPC train disappears, your ship becomes invisible (except for equipment and lights of course)! And that's exactly what happened during my test flights!

I'll hope this can be corrected by rerouting the models textures to a new file, but as I don't have the texturing knowledge of a Freelancer modeler, I can only make guesses how to solve this problem!

Aeternus: Should be fixed in update 3.

4.86 Model Issues - Swallow - 02-24-2011

Molly gunboat hardpoint placement issue
(Distance between nozzles and engine hardpoints , as i remember one is +25 second +26, well looks ugly)

Zoner gunship hardpoint issue
(Tail lights, minor problem, but annoying)

Arrow-holes in model at the place where tube connects to the armour shard

Recycler-also holes in model, but cant remember where (on wings, probably)

Gallia royal navy cruiser-something bad to light hardpoints

Well heron too...
Also when waspu and Virage in one place, waspus textures disparear and replaces with Virage's one (same texture name?)

Gallic BS hitbox: lost collision when you entering a "tunnel" infront of ship

4.86 Model Issues - Swallow - 05-31-2011

Plus, Recycler has bad paintwork (different texture hue on different symmetrical parts (wings), but thats not a big problem, it can be counted as junker "style" ) and cockpits inside has no additional meshes (transparency, i see through my hull) also pads for CM, M is laggy a bit, its textures disappears sometimes (like with Heron`s textures). Also, i think it has too many contrails.

these bugs are minor, but a bit annoying

4.86 Model Issues - Tenseiken - 09-06-2011

I hope I'm in the right section here.

The Touketsu VHF has a problem with the model. When you look at it from certain angles you can actually see through the vessel and the system background becomes visible. It's not a major issue. Just something I discovered when launching from certain planets like cambridge or looking at the vessel in turret view.

4.86 Model Issues - AeternusDoleo - 09-06-2011

Some of these issues are hard to figure out from the description. I'm willing to try and fix em - but I'd appreciate a screeny showing -where- the graphical glitches are.

4.86 Model Issues - Tenseiken - 09-22-2011

Here are some screens.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Sorry for the delay. Didn't realize the response until today.

4.86 Model Issues - Kiwigonedutch - 10-28-2011

The "Ragnar" has trouble docking with Bretonian battle ships.

The rear end of the engines snags the bottom, this stops the docking process. only with luck logging back on you might get the opportunity to dock if inside it.

EDIT: never mind didn't know that they had invisible mooring points (dock 3).

4.86 Model Issues - AeternusDoleo - 11-17-2011

Touketsu is going to get a replacement, which makes fixing it moot. Docking the Ragnar: Which battleship are you trying to dock it with? (Want to try and reproduce this).

4.86 Model Issues - Hielor - 11-17-2011

The Prison Liner is missing a few polygons on the starboard side of the bow area--the top of one of the flat "shelves" is see-through.