Discovery Gaming Community
Mentors for New Players - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mentors for New Players (/showthread.php?tid=175810)

Mentors for New Players - Paddy. - 12-30-2019

Just a thought...

Probably not original to the server, but is to me.

Would it be beneficial to have a supply of designated mentors to whom new players could be allocated (or chosen) as support person?
Just a neutral go-to and if there is an issue to be addressed maybe Gamemasters and forum moderators could advise the mentor.

RE: Mentors for New Players - SnakeLancerHaven - 12-30-2019

the [Angels] were supposed to be that and I mean, the angels discord was doing that, not sure if it's still up

RE: Mentors for New Players - Slappy - 12-30-2019

I think it's a great idea to pair people up in similar regions/countries (so you can play together) in a way that's not just "hey I need help with finding commands" and other one off questions. It takes a lot of time to get up to speed on IDs, tech, lore, proper RP, and I don't think a "help" group should be expected to deal with all that. Making a mentor an option would be a good way to get new people more involved and give vets a chance to give back to the game.

RE: Mentors for New Players - Karlotta - 12-30-2019

Something like mentorships for new players would happen naturally from factions recruiting new members if our glorious leaders didnt continue to make it difficult by:

- Nerfing and over-specializing every ID so players are forced create multiple chars across different IDs so they can do... well... anything. Try finding your "mentor" or "pupil" with that.

- Motivating people to never ever side with noobs in fights, because that will make you lose, get accused of being super unfair for trying to compensate skill with numbers or size, and targetted by the superleet superdude gangs. Well, you would be if there were still any fights left outside of planned ones, but its not like our glorious leaders ever took any visible measures to change anything about that spirit.

- Giving anyone who tries to get people to play here moral guilt, because frankly, the biggest favor you can do anyone is to tell them to not play here. Glorious leaders cant even bother to write the rules down properly, because they are unpaid volunteers and eveyone should pay homage to them no matter what they do or dont do.

RE: Mentors for New Players - sasapinjic - 12-30-2019

Thats something @Jhonny Walker ,me and few more friendly chaps used to do for a long time, before we get demotivated because all *****.

RE: Mentors for New Players - NoMe - 12-30-2019

what am i hearing, someone talk about me as Mentor? Promise, i will try to create in our base*une formation de Freelancer*

Wink

RE: Mentors for New Players - UllaJensen - 12-30-2019

As a new player I like this idea, so feel free to PM me if you wanna talk lore and a bit of game mechanics. Like, haha, I know this pretty n00b but, why doesn't Z (stall/kill engine) work.