Discovery Gaming Community
Bleeps on cloaking devices - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bleeps on cloaking devices (/showthread.php?tid=175829)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - darkwind - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: No, it's not.

[Image: unknown.png]

I disagree to agree.
Measured right now, I'm fighter cloak approaching BC. I was heard even at 3.6k distance.
some time ago I was even beeped from 3.9k distance.

You aren't counting bugs into the equation. Truth can be found only in testing.

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Sombs - 01-04-2020

(12-30-2019, 09:01 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The beeping sound starts playing at 3k distance from the camera to the first point of the target's hitbox (as in, not the center of the ship or the other's camera).

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Smokey - 01-04-2020

The sound is there to semi-satisfy the people that want them gone while still making them available to stop the fallout from removing them.. Just breathe in, accept it, and move on. They're useless now, find new ways to interact (or not interact)

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Typrop - 01-04-2020

Likely tenuously-tied to the topic, but I preferred the earlier hum compared to the beeping. It's probably just me, but it always makes me think of Teamspeak giving you an audio notification that you're not outputting audio, so my first response is to tab out of Freelancer to see if something's up, and then realizing like, a minute later that it's the game making the surprisingly non-diagetic noise.

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Prysin - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 11:11 AM)Tiger Wrote: TL;DR - PLEASE BUFF BUTTCLOACKING SO I CAN WIN

it's fine as is, really.

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Kusari State Police |KSP| - 01-04-2020

Well I am glad people have been putting in their content to this subject and a few people have mentioned already .......WHY change it or JUST leave it.

Well again maybe a different sound could be used ...OR

Could there be a sound added like a constant drone or some constant noise instead of a bleep and it starts low and increases intensity as the cloaked ship gets nearer so by this time the vessel who hears it either turns tail and runs or disrupts it ..

MAYBE disrupting is not a good idea seeing as a battleship could show itself and you say ...OH....OH

Anyway I am sure this discussion could be carried on and we may spark some interest from the proprietors of the forum to come forward with some views

Which would be well received i think and it will clarify whether they think its a good idea or they will just leave it the same and ....well nothing more to say to that as long as some sort of further discussion can be done

Thanks for everyones replies ....Keep it up

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Lucas - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 01:09 PM)Prysin Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:11 AM)Tiger Wrote: TL;DR - PLEASE BUFF BUTTCLOACKING SO I CAN WIN

it's fine as is, really.
Basically this, buttcloaking is always a shitty tactic as is and removing the cloak noise entirely means you can't even prepare for it/ use your Cloak Disruptor without having to guess

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Dragonmaster - 01-04-2020

(12-30-2019, 10:39 PM)Binski Wrote: I'd love to see it gone, or reduced to 1k or under. I think if kept we could stand to gain on the other end to balance it out. There was talk long ago of finally making regular CD's no longer work on cloaks when Cloak Disruptors were introduced.

It definitely ruined using cloaks to hunt. Buttcloaking isnt the end of the world as long as the rules are kept to. You either RP a bit before an attack or not, cloaked or not. I would instead suggest we add it as an earnable feature of using a Jint, Minified or regular spyglass scanner, so to get that beep you have to have purchased a moneysink scanner. That would be nice.

The other thing is that with a beep giving your presence away, maybe we could end the ban on cloaked espionage. It used to be fun to try and listen in on someone cloaked or get in close and get scans of a ship, which could be used for bounties or whatever RP purpose, but it can't be used because it would offend those players? Come on! Its yet another situation where tying players down kills a lot of opportunities.

I have to agree here with Binski

RE: Bleeps on cloaking devices - Redcroft - 01-04-2020

Change it so that only the ones with cloak disruptors hear the beep!
Like this its just a cheat.