Discovery Gaming Community
To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall (/showthread.php?tid=175947)

To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - Thunderer - 01-04-2020

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Rooibos
To: Premier Mehmed Selim

Mister Premier,

My units liberated the last pocket of Coalition resistance in the towns of Exeter. The remaining Coalition units have withdrawn into the woods and the hills. This means that you will now be able to establish a proper government.

That day in Wellington, I promised to draft you a treaty under which your state would function as a Bretonian protectorate. I have come up with this. Excuse the lack of tidiness, it is only a draft so far:

1. The Kingdom of Bretonia acknowledges the legitimacy of the People's Republic of New Crimea.
  2. The Kingdom of Bretonia deems the People's Republic of New Crimea its protectorate state.
  3. The People's Republic of New Crimea acknowledges that it is a protectorate of the Kingdom of Bretonia.
  4. The Kingdom of Bretonia acknowledges that the People's Republic of New Crimea has a legitimate right to govern the territories on Planet Exeter given to the Sirius Coalition by the Sydney Accords.
  5. The Kingdom of Bretonia acknowledges that the People's Republic of New Crimea has a legitimate right to govern the Omega-52 System and all that is within its grid.
  6. The People's Republic of New Crimea will have the same enemies as the Kingdom of Bretonia and will not commit hostile action against allies of the Kingdom of Bretonia.
  7. Ships or other military units belonging to the People's Republic of New Crimea or to the Kingdom of Bretonia are required to assist each other in battle.
  8. The People's Republic of New Crimea will need permission from the Kingdom of Bretonia if it wishes to declare war upon another state or faction.
  9. In space claimed by the Kingdom of Bretonia and on ground claimed by the Kingdom of Bretonia, all parties belonging to the People's Republic of New Crimea will be subject by the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law and this treaty.
  10. On ground territories governed by the People's Republic of New Crimea with the acknowledgement of the Kingdom of Bretonia, all parties belonging to the Kingdom of Bretonia will be subject to the legislation of the People's Republic of New Crimea.
  11. The People's Republic of New Crimea has complete internal autonomy, save these clauses:
    1. Rights to private property for companies from the Kingdom of Bretonia will have to be established.
    2. The People's Republic of New Crimea may not mobilize an army/militia/police of more than 180,000 personnel, be them human or artificial. Should the People's Republic of New Crimea require military assistance, it is free to demand it from the Kingdom of Bretonia.
    3. The People's Republic of New Crimea may not operate capital ships, except those that defect from the Sirius Coalition.
  12. The People's Republic of New Crimea will be granted a license to produce any CTE, Border Worlds or Coalition ship models.
  13. The People's Republic of New Crimea will be granted rights to have its own passports for its citizens.
  14. A customs union between the People's Republic of New Crimea and the Kingdom of Bretonia will be established.
  15. The Kingdom of Bretonia will transfer 500,000,000 Sirius Credits as startup aid to the People's Republic of New Crimea.
  16. Any traffic going from space to the People's Republic of New Crimea territories on Planet Exeter, or vice versa, will have to pass through the docking ring owned by the Kingdom of Bretonia.

I will spend a few more days thinking of this before I decide on the final version, which I will send to the government for approval. Do you think I have missed anything?

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Commodore
Governor-General of Exeter
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - conmann35 - 01-04-2020

[Image: H7EROB0.png]

Identification:

Premier of the New Crimean State,
Mehmed Selim.

Recipient:

Commodore Elizabeth Hall.

Planet Exeter.

Priority:

Extreme

Encryption:

Extreme

It's good to hear that the ground operation has gone so smoothly, if only things were similar in space right now. Battlegroup Stirling seems to have gone the way of the ancient Dodo, and I'm seeing more ships at the starport with holes in them than I should be. The Crimean Privateers have provided what support we could, but the Coalition rolled out a lot more heavy siege assets than we, or your men, could effectively disrupt. I think that was their entire fleet, truthfully. Our mutual enemies have made a move I didn't quite expect. I was expecting them to sabotage the battlegroup somehow, rather than take it head-on, and this naturally worries me. Regardless, I find the terms of this draft quite agreeable for the foreseeable future, though I suspect my fellow pilots/statesmen might shy away from using the term "people's republic" as part of our state's name due to the connotations and proximity to the Coalition. I expect a swift response in light of the situation.

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - Thunderer - 01-04-2020

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual

My dearest, esteemed, honourable premier,

Let us postpone this until I am in a better mood.

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Commodore
Governor-General of Exeter
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - conmann35 - 01-04-2020

Identification:

Mehmed Selim.

Recipient:

Planet Exeter.

Priority:

Extreme

Encryption:

Extreme

Fine. You know where I'll be, but if you wouldn't mind, have some of your underlings get me a land survey in the liberated zone. I'll be needing the information for upcoming administrative work and projects.

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - Thunderer - 01-05-2020

Message Class: Audio-Visual

[Image: UkwA2Hk.jpg]

#######ello? Mister Premier? Hello? Hello? Ah, finally. Sorry, the signal from this bunker is weak. We'll continue with politics when it's time, but now we need to determine our survival chances. Do you still have access to any Coalition channel, friends in the Coalition maybe? We need to know how much their victory has hurt them. Are they able to bombard Exeter? Destroy the jumpgate? Can they board and take Gran Vista? I still have the planetary garrison at my disposal and what few survivors have returned, but it's not much. Flotilla size. Any ideas then?

Open for Replies

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - conmann35 - 01-05-2020

Identification:

Mehmed Selim.

Recipient:

Planet Exeter.

Priority:

Extreme

Encryption:

Extreme

I think a fallout shelter isn't quite necessary, as long as you can get a replacement battlegroup into Exeter soon. My ability to infiltrate the Coalition information networks is quite compromised now, but I know that it probably took the totality of Coalition forces in the Omegas to make such a decisive battle as the Stirling's demise. If they are able to make any bids in Exeter, it is only at cost to revolutionary support in Rheinland and elsewhere, thus for now I see little reason to worry about hard targets, though soft traffic is likely to be more susceptible to raids.

I see, thank you... Well, I've been trying to hurry the Ark Royal's arrival since before your deposition, so I very much doubt they'll be here quickly. Let us postpone this treaty until the fleet's here, alright? My troops will need to hold your territory under occupation while there is a danger of an enemy landing, so the grants related to internal autonomy had better be postponed. I hope you understand?

Open for Replies

RE: To: Premier Mehmed Selim; From: Gov-Gen. E. Hall - conmann35 - 01-05-2020

Identification:

Mehmed Selim.

Recipient:

Planet Exeter.

Priority:

Extreme

Encryption:

Extreme

It's quite an unfortunate situation, yes. At least this gives me a chance to work on my fighting force, while you try and get yours in position. If we can chip away at any light raiders they send, we'll stand a better chance in the long run, factoring in attrition.

Yes, alright, that would be sensible to do. My forces will stay defensive, I recommend you to dig in most of yours as well. Do commit some to harassment, though, we must do all we can to slow them down in case they intend to regroup and attack again. I have a lot of work to do and I must go back to it now... Wait! One thing. If you happen to loot a tobacco shipment, mind bringing some here, please? I need something to keep myself from biting my fingernails off and pills aren't my style. We'll be running out soon if events keep making me nervous. Alright now, cheers.

Open for Replies