Discovery Gaming Community
NPC overkill - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: NPC overkill (/showthread.php?tid=175976)

Pages: 1 2 3

NPC overkill - Smokey - 01-05-2020

Can we please reduce the amount of NPC's in Dublin. It seems as though the Enclave were added at a ridiculous spawn rate, and the Mollys and Corsairs were not reduced. We now see more Enclave than anything else in Dublin and it's down right annoying having NPC's turn up on average every 3 minutes even when there are 50 players on the server, a high number of players considering things

RE: NPC overkill - Thunderer - 01-05-2020

Can we please reduce the number of NPCs everywhere? They appear in huge clouds and they are very annoying to caps. Caps get flipped by them and their numerous crosshairs distract aiming in turret view. They also take time to destroy unless the cap has solarises, because they fly very erratically, often just moving around and dodging instead of diving and shooting.

PS: NPCs clog up the contacts list, too. Sometimes you have to keep that turned on because NPCs that are actually dangerous, such as gunboats, can appear, and you need to be aware when they do.

RE: NPC overkill - Prysin - 01-05-2020

NO

Make NPCs stronger. And more of them.

Since players refuse to engage in any activity, i need NPCs to shjote. Angry

RE: NPC overkill - Chronicron - 01-05-2020

#DeleteNPCs

RE: NPC overkill - Alestone - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 05:44 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Caps get flipped by them and their numerous crosshairs distract aiming in turret view.

I still find it stupidly hilarious that a snub can do this without being damaged, much less destroyed.

RE: NPC overkill - Lythrilux - 01-05-2020

I think what's happening is existing NPC population zones aren't being tweaked. Instead new ones are applied on top of existing ones, which stacks the number of NPCs that spawn.

RE: NPC overkill - darkwind - 01-05-2020

#Remove NPC disrupting trade lanes.

RE: NPC overkill - Smokey - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I think what's happening is existing NPC population zones aren't being tweaked. Instead new ones are applied on top of existing ones, which stacks the number of NPCs that spawn.

Yes, that would make sense as the numbers of Mollies and Corsairs in the system seems to have stayed the same

(01-05-2020, 07:03 PM)darkwind Wrote: #Remove NPC disrupting trade lanes.

While that can be frustrating when traversing the lanes on a long haul, i wouldn't want to see this stopped as it adds an air of unpredictability to usually quiet routes

RE: NPC overkill - Binski - 01-05-2020

I'd prefer lower amount, ok with stronger fighter NPC's for out in the live environment.

While we're on topic can we axe the infinite CM spam coming from Cruisers and transports?

It would also be nice if they made npcs not try docking on jumpholes, just fly around them etc. That way the glitch wouldnt occure for jh's and you won't wind up blocked by some broken npc that's trying to dock and fight at the same time.

RE: NPC overkill - Groshyr - 01-05-2020

#IncreaseAnomalySpawn