Discovery Gaming Community
To: "Namazou" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: "Namazou" (/showthread.php?tid=176205)

Pages: 1 2

RE: To: "Namazou" - Groshyr - 01-21-2020

[Image: 5uxyJiY.png]

Anthony Latif
Planet Manhattan, New York system

[ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL: *3 ** 13 ** ** ** 87 **]

"Cheers, indeed." - Anthony took a bottle of beer and had a short drink. He smiled. It has been a light and pretty charming smile, one of the things Latif could be proud of. - "So you say pimping is protecting traditions of Kusari when at the very times Dragons are robbing people for traditions too?"

"Well, you are right indeed," - the man looked a bit sad when friend topic was mentioned. Anthony has not liked to talk about it but he had no friends with which could share a mind. The people which Latif have been called friends were not really concerned about him as Anthony did about them and it was pretty shameful for him, - "I really have no much friends and most of them not really care to discuss such things. They have family things to care about: kids, cash for rent, et cetera."

"I don't want to look stupid or like a man who has a memory of a fish but you are from Kusari, right? I can't remember you mentioned about it or not but anyhow, you know a lot about this state and thus I think you're from there. Am I right?"

RE: To: "Namazou" - Wulthus - 01-22-2020

[Image: bar2.png]

[Image: Avatar-2.png]
Message type: Audio
Signal Loss: High
Encryption Type: Symmetric Key
Sender ID: The.Namazu
Recipient ID: Anthony.Latif

Subject: N/A

Aye, they will say everything just for the sake of appearences. Politics are a nightmare, too.

No one can be bothered with honest discussion? Well, this is what happends to people when you herd them long enough.

Yup, you got that bit right. Born and raised in Kusari, although I was lucky enough to live outside of it's society, for the most part. Say what you want, I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

You?

RE: To: "Namazou" - Groshyr - 01-22-2020

[Image: 5uxyJiY.png]

Anthony Latif

[ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL: 13 ** ** ** 9* 23 ** **]

"Me? I was born and grew up on planet Los Angeles, in the city called New Inglewood. Perhaps you hear about this place?" - Anthony has chuckled a bit. - "However, despite my birthplace, I was studying at Manhattan's College of Technologies, got a degree in quantum physics and robotics. After graduation, I joined a small research & development corporation. Name's "Frontier R&D Ltd.", perhaps you know it. Anyway, I was working there for a while before I joined Ageira."

RE: To: "Namazou" - Wulthus - 01-24-2020

Sorry, never heard of it. Also, never heard about "The Frontier R&D", so ... yeah.

*The speaker took a long sip form his bottle, then suddenly stopped, almost chocking himself.*

W ... wait a second. Despite what you say, and what you believe, you still joined Ageria?! Why?! Why the f*ck you want to live in the pen with the rest of livestock?!

RE: To: "Namazou" - Groshyr - 01-24-2020

[Image: QlIqYRN.png]

Anthony Latif

[ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL: ** ** ** 17 ** ** 32 *1]

"I joined a corporation because like many others I should earn money to have food, drink and a roof above my head." - Anthony has chuckled. The man asked himself the same question many times but always had no honest answer. Habitual words flew away from his lips even before he thought what to answer. - "Despite this, I always wanted to be, well, an important man. Like, influence, cash and other things which make a man think he's a big boss."

"What about you?" - He tried to change the topic. Speak about reasons to be in a corporation when he does not believe in any corporative ideals more was like a lie to himself than the others. - "How do you earn cash to live? Robbing a rich to have a coin or something else, like a mercenary job or so?"

RE: To: "Namazou" - Wulthus - 01-29-2020

*The speaker snickered*

Well well well, so we're dreamin' big, eh Anthony? That's good, that's good... yeah... that means there is still some part of you that refuses to get herded. Who knows how soon will it be too late for you?

More bad news for you though. Whatever you're doing right now, you're not getting where you want to be, trust me. No one has ever accomplished anything by collecting good boy points. Better get used to your stable life as mister nobody, because that's where you're headed. That's the hard truth there for you.

About me? Well.. how do I earn cash for a living?

*The speaker sighs*

Tomodachi, the truth is, I don't need cash for a living. I'm a free man, you see? The universe is a biiig, big place. You can find anything you need in there, whenever you need... Yes, that includes food.

Tell you what. You want to make something out of yourself? Be someone's boss? I'll show you how I earn the bloody cash. How about that? Take your time and think this trough because,

Well...

I'm not gonna ask you again.

RE: To: "Namazou" - Groshyr - 01-30-2020

[Image: o0g4Z8m.png]

Anthony Latif

[ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL: ** ** ** 04 ** ** 51 *0]

It was a blow to his ego: Latif spent most of his life for work. Of course, it was a pleasure to hear that he is not a part of a herd but more, therefore, it was hurt to hear that he cost nothing. At least, this is how Anthony understood Namazu's words. It was like a slap in a face and it insulted Anthony. For a few, he was silent but then this a pretty calm man has pronounced his answer.

"Then explain to me how all these big bosses went so high if not in making a career and establishing connections with important people around all the House and beyond it. Oh, wait, I know the answer - they're indeed were not 'good' boys, as you said, who earn points of 'light side' every day. They were making a career using us as a ladder in the chaos of modern mankind. You know what - people just beasts. Divided but in social, always hungry of desires - they are the ladder for people who understand this, know how to use this opportunity and have no moral interference to achieve what they want. Perhaps it's even good I'm not such kind of a person. At least I hope I'm not such a man."

Anthony stopped speak and made a deep breath. Then he exhales and made the next deep breath. A few times he repeated this until the rage is gone and Anthony could proceed. He was feeling guilty for the words he said. It definitely was not right to drop his anger and disappointment on the person who not guilty of his problems.

"F*ck... 'Namazou', listen. I'm sorry about this. I really do. I hope you felt no offense or mad on me because of this."

Anthony grips himself by the hair and covers his face with palms. In took a while before he gets his hands off the face and tell the following few sentences.

"But, well... Yeah... I would like to make something bigger out of myself. I do not sure can I be a boss but be more important than just a regular employee would be awesome. So, what exactly do you offer?"

RE: To: "Namazou" - Wulthus - 01-30-2020

I'm glad you explained that to yourself way before I had to open my mouth.

*The speaker laughs uncontrollably*

Well, not beasts, Anthony, just arseholes. Acting like they own the race just because nobody caught them cheating.

Anyway!

Look, the job will be painfully simple for you. You're from Liberty, and you're an experienced captain, aren't you? I'm sure you know how to handle long trips. Very long trips. Like let's say... to edgeworlds and back?

Exotic goods are allways in high demand in New York, and I have a cliend who's willing to pay for em' well. All we have to do is to move the cargo without attracting too much unwanted attention. My boys have never been to liberty, and to be honest, I don't trust them to pull it off safely, not with a sensitive load on board.

We could help each other. Get your hands on something with a cargo bay. I'll guide our little convoy out, and you will navigate us in Liberty. Whatever fits in your bay goes to your pockets.

Deal?

RE: To: "Namazou" - Groshyr - 01-30-2020

[Image: o0g4Z8m.png]

Anthony Latif

[ENCRYPTION PROTOCOL: 0* ** ** 13 ** ** ** 77]

"Oh, an 'exotic cargo' you say? I don't know what to say... Well... Is it something harmful?"

Anthony was unsure if he should agree to partake on this dangerous adventure. On the one hand, this could be an interesting experience. But on the other hand, this is some particularly dangerous and particularly precarious cargo. Whatever it was, Latif could not shake the notion the cargo was illegal.

"However, we live only once, right? I have a ship - an old, well, second hand 'Camara' freighter. She should be enough for this small operation, whatever it will be. So, where do you want us to meet?"

RE: To: "Namazou" - Wulthus - 01-30-2020

Wise choice, friend. Wise choice.

Haul your starflea to Bering. There is a quote-unquote hub of scum and villany there, I'm sure you've heard of it. Meet me there. Ah, and fill your junk up with some foodsuffs, to the brim. I know it sounds strange but... just trust me on that.

By the way... I know what you're asking. It's not what you think. I'm no pusher. You will see for yourself, soon, anyway...

Now, if you excuse me, I have a ship to dock, talk to you soon.

*You hear someone pushing buttons on the comm unit intensively, and then, the signal cuts out.*