Discovery Gaming Community
Manoel's Spirit - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Manoel's Spirit (/showthread.php?tid=176315)

Pages: 1 2

Manoel's Spirit - Shiki - 01-20-2020

Cape Wrath... whatever you do, you cannot get rid of regional specifics. This place smells Bretonian. Bretonians goods captured and transferred, among with slaves who also got the local accent. Some food and furniture, some clothes at the personnel. Everywhere you look, you will see something Bretonian. And for Enma, that's quite annoying because she is not exactly a fan of Bretonian aesthetics.

She would not visit it if it wasn't for an important meeting with a person that... matters still? Time spent with Valdez... It's been strange times, but exciting ones. Gladly she did have a lot of time to prepare, enough to get a dress on and check her looks at least. Like most of the other Outcast stations, this one wasn't for luxury, however, this one had an entertainment center with drinks and gaming consoles set up. Some times would suit for a meeting and wouldn't be too loud. Enma was sitting at the table they agreed and checking at her chronometrical device, checking if Valdez is late already or not yet.

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Backo - 01-20-2020

Unlike Loyola, Valdez was actually rather fond of the Bretonian culture and aesthetics. As such she actually saw no problem in being dressed in Bretonian attire for this meeting. The fact Enma disliked Bretonia was a cherry on top of the whole thing, if anything. A wise man once said that opposites attract, though perhaps he was merely speaking of magnets, either way Eliza seemed to always end up running into Enma. At times she wasn't even sure herself if it was intentional or just some theatrical play of the universe upon her. Regardless, this meeting was one of such occasions. Eliza eventually showed up, after all she was the star of tonight's show, not Enma. Or so Valdez liked to think of it anyways. The auburn haired girl produced a slightly forced smile before approaching the dona of the Loyola familia.

"It's been a while, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Shiki - 01-20-2020

Enma turned her head at Eliza as she heard a familiar voice. Looking at Valdez from top to bottom, Enma's facial expressions changed dramatically, Valdez is dressed into Bretonian tasteless rag instead of clothes. Them parting ways affected Valdez's fashion preferences not in the best way, well, her fault. Loyola herself is not looking bossy, not that she behaves like a normal person, just not trying too hard as it seems.

Meeting an ex is always a weird experience, but in their case, it seems to be something special. In their case becoming an ex was a long and rather traumatic experience. It couldn't be done without a drama, with kidnapping, bondage, mental tortures and loss of the position of the Core Guildmistress. It was enough of damage done to Valdez's part for whatever she was upset with. At least in Enma's honest opinion.

Her nails clanking at the half-empty glass of dry gallic wine, Enma then proceeds with an answer. Her voice is low and sweet, generally friendly, but still a bit formal. Looks like Enma is not sure how to approach this.

— Hey, I did wait for a little, but it's fine. But I do not complain, because I am literally resting, You know, I came but to Malta and run the family business again. Getting tired and all.

She then smiles and then pointing at the chair at the opposite side of the table.

— Please sit, I am glad you came. As I take it you did not enjoy to be a public figure, which is boring and hard, I understand. But since I still feel some obligations towards you and your wellbeing, I think I could help you to find a new job. A dream job.

Eliza took her seat across the table from dona Loyola. Meeting Enma like this did feel awkward, especially since they had not seen each other in over an year and their last encounter ended up with Eliza shooting down Loyola's fighter craft. The two together had went through good and bad and the last of their relationship was definitely on the bad side of things. Still, a more proper and civil end to things between them was something Eliza felt she wanted.

"I'm glad you're doing fine and are back at Malta. The Omegas are a terrible place."

A job was not something Valdez really needed or wanted at the moment. It came as a bit of a surprise to her that this was the first topic Enma had to discuss with her. Was this another plot of Loyola for gaining power over Malta? Eliza felt she was done with politics and the public life of Malta. The 2nd Maltese Legion had ran its course and completed its objectives. Now was a time for the auburn girl to fade away into obscurity yet again.

"Listen, Enma, I'm... glad you're thinking of my well-being and all, but I don't really need a job right now. The National Council is gone, the alien cults were kicked out of Malta and the Legion had ran its course... I'm done with this life."

Eliza's shy smile faded as the meeting went off to quite the start.

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Shiki - 01-20-2020

Loyola expects something like this, Valdez is a picky and moody woman, despite her humble origins. And in most of the ways, Eliza always managed to make Enma look like a bitсh, but it was often the other way around. Now Eliza sounds kinda dramatic and like a typical girl who wishes to be convinced to do something she wants to do but won't admit it.

— I thought you are traditionalist, why do you try to play a strong-and-independent-woman. I still consider you a part of my family, even if there's no homo-erotic pretext to it. So I believe you should be more humble.

Enma leans back and crossing her legs, smiling widely and more or less kindly. It's more or less clear that she came here not to get Valdez, but to legitimately help. Though, her help might be seen as an act of evil will and yet another conspiracy plot. There's no surprise and now Enma's reputation is working against her in certain cases. Though, if that's a thing, then Eliza did not get to know her quite well, which is sad.

— But uh... I am ready to support the life-choices you make or to oppose some of them. I don't know what you have in mind. If it's something stupid, which is no surprise, then I will have to advise against it.

Eliza frowned. What they had between them was far from tradition, not even in the cUrReNt YeAr. But Enma often acted with disregard for others' wishes, that was something Valdez was already used to by now. Arguing with Enma often felt like talking to a brick wall, but the auburn haired girl had a feeling kidnapping Enma to kick some sense into her wasn't an option this time. Valdez closed her eyes and shook her head in disappointment.

"I can't believe it... You know I'm not a little clueless girl that you need to take care of? I'm not a Gallic princess locked up on some dark corner of Corsica that you'd need to play mother of!"

Tempter, temper. It was less than 5 minutes since they met and Enma was already on Eliza's nerves. Perhaps some things never changed after all? Eliza gave out a prolonged sigh to try and calm herself. She didn't plan to stay long on Cape Wrath, but that wasn't an excuse to make a big scene either. This was the once chance she could be civil with Enma since... well, since longer than the blue eyed Outcast could remember.

"Look, as much as I appreciate your concern for me, I can take care of myself. What was between us is in the past. We had our good and we had our bad. Now both of us can walk away on their own way."

Valdez gazed into the eyes of the not so pleased at the moment Enma. It was interesting to think once upon a time life was much simpler for them. There was no doubt in Valdez's head that both blamed each other for what had happened. In truth, Eliza wasn't a saint either. Especially when pushed too far.

"En... Let's not fight and argue just this one time... please. I want at least our goodbye to be on a good note."

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Shiki - 01-21-2020

Enma just patiently waits until Eliza will be done talking, then making a long pause. She looked bored, though Eliza did pretty well as opposed to a naive girl she was a few years back. Having a bright idea of locking Valdez in the dark corner of Corsica and satisfy all of her motherly instincts. Maybe she will do that, maybe not. It can prove to be fun and it's some retaliation for Valdez holding her prisoner back in the day. Though, at this point, she will have too many prisoners to hold and abuse, which may lead her to burn out. A lot of things to consider.

— Are you done bitсhing?

Enma just wanted to point out that she sees what Eliza is doing there, and while she is probably in the fault of Valdez becoming like this... it still doesn't mean that she cannot give her a couple of lessons more. Though, she really just wants to relax and help her former wife with everything she can. People really underestimate how often Loyola has the honest intentions and how often people push her away, and then calling her a traitor.

— Why don't you take care of yourself with my help? Like come on Liz, I can't believe you are still upset.

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Backo - 01-29-2020

Eliza frowned. It wasn't pleasing to see Enma disregard everything she had said as mere bitching. Though starting a scene was something she didn't want to do either, as said before. This didn't really leave many options on the table for her. Eliza figured that it wouldn't have hurt to at least hear Enma out before dismissing her again. Diplomacy was not something Eliza had particularly enjoyed, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"I'm not upset - I'm done. There's a difference. But fine, I'll hear you out, En, what kind of job are we talking about?"

The auburn haired outcast leaned back and crossed her hands defensively. The 'no' was already prepared on her tongue for whatever sickly plans the dona of familia Loyola had prepared for her.

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Loyola - 02-04-2020

Loyola sighs, I mean Eliza was getting good at it, and Enma really appreciates her skill of being a bitch now, but Loyola herself was not in the mood for something like this.

— Liz, please... Like you or not you are a part of my family.

Taking a sip of wine, she makes a gesture of moving her hand and pointing at everything around them. Her hand made a couple of rounds in the air as her index finger was pointing out.

— I mean I don't know... Look around. I assume if you chose this place then you like it. How about you administrate it or something? Not the greatest status for my former wife, but you say you don't want to accept much from me. So let's start with something minor.

RE: Manoel's Spirit - Backo - 02-14-2020

The prepared 'no' did not fire. Eliza stood quiet for a few more moments, evaluating things and considering the possibilities. On one hand this was much like her old and nearly forgotten job at Manoel. On the other this station was much bigger and the bureaucracy with it was also likely to be scaled. But that wasn't what really worried the auburn haired girl, the real fear was that it was just a convenient way for Enma to keep track on her as she would be tied to the station. Outright accusing her of such would have likely led to even more arguing so Valdez decided to take on a different approach.

"I already have plans to leave Bretonia, Enma. I just chose this place for the meeting as I knew you disliked Bretonia and it would all get you grumpy."

A mischievous grin appeared on Eliza's face. This sort of teasing was reminiscent of the older and better days they had together. Still, the past was gone and the future was ahead. The girl turned her gaze towards the not too distant bar window exposing the asteroid field they were located in.

"I planned to return to my life before I ever got into Maltese politics. A freelance pilot exploring the universe."