Discovery Gaming Community
[CP] Crimean Privateers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: [CP] Crimean Privateers (/showthread.php?tid=176349)

Pages: 1 2

[CP] Crimean Privateers - Crimean Privateers - 01-21-2020

GMs: Funds required for request may be taken from [CP]RMS-Yalta

Faction Summary:

The Crimean Privateers are a militia formed from loyalist Coalition soldiers who managed to escape the power vacuum which led to a coup and subsequent counter-coup against former premier Mehmed Selim. Thanks to the intervention of the allied Bretonian Armed Forces, himself and former foreign minister Michel de Grasse were extracted to House Bretonia. Now they aid the Bretonians as privateers. Sanctioned to take the fight to their former allies, and Bretonia’s common enemies, they seek to garner legitimacy for their small state on Planet Exeter, where Mehmed Selim has been granted de jure premiership in exchange for continuing to honor the Sydney Accords.

Further information pertaining to diplomacy, recruitment, discord etc. may be found in the signature of this account.

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Groshyr - 01-21-2020

Quote:Can demand any cargo and credits outside of Bretonia from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Bretonian corporations or allies of Bretonia are exempted from this.

Don't you think it's a bit overdone? Just a little bit.

Quote:Cannot use any transports with more than 4,800 cargo.

So Stork?

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Sabru - 01-21-2020

Oh my bork. That ID is just so ridiculously, absurdly OP that if the GMs ever approved it they'd instantly be a laughing stock.

What were you guys smoking when you came up with that ID?

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Shiki - 01-21-2020

ID is not the worst problem here, to be honest, it's a defection faction. Big wow, very original.

I honestly don't know how will you represent bretonian privateers with this background.

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - conmann35 - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 11:24 AM)Groshyr Wrote:
Quote:Can demand any cargo and credits outside of Bretonia from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Bretonian corporations or allies of Bretonia are exempted from this.

Don't you think it's a bit overdone? Just a little bit.

Quote:Cannot use any transports with more than 4,800 cargo.

So Stork?

1. That's what the indie ID has.

2. Stork. Yes. That ship is horrendously underused and needs some attention.

(01-21-2020, 11:44 AM)Sabru Wrote: Oh my bork. That ID is just so ridiculously, absurdly OP that if the GMs ever approved it they'd instantly be a laughing stock.

What were you guys smoking when you came up with that ID?

3. I expect adjustments. The proposal is intended to cover all potential bases.

(01-21-2020, 11:55 AM)Shiki Wrote: ID is not the worst problem here, to be honest, it's a defection faction. Big wow, very original.

I honestly don't know how will you represent bretonian privateers with this background.

4. Bretonian Privateer ID was the best fit for the situation. Unlike most defections, this was organic and took place as the result of trends and actions which occurred across the better part of last year. Privateering is a means to the end of nation-building and striking against relevant foes. It is not the final goal.

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Shiki - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 12:19 PM)conmann35 Wrote: Bretonian Privateer ID was the best fit for the situation. Unlike most defections, this was organic and took place as the result of trends and actions which occurred across the better part of last year. Privateering is a means to the end of nation-building and striking against relevant foes. It is not the final goal.

Yes, I get it that you grabbed the first ID that came in handy, that is the problem.

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Nightowl - 01-21-2020

"Interesting" Diplomacy.
With the Maquis-Ships you will be very fast hostile to Gallic Lawfuls…

And Omicron Theta as ZOI? Why?
Bretonia isn't very welcome there and playing Police there is really not the best idea.

I also think that the 4800-Cargo-maximum is unlucky. Ok, i don't know all iD's, but i only know 3600, 4300 or no Limit. Also there are only a few ID's that have Cruiser and more than 4300 Cargo (Corsair & Outcast).
I smell a little bit maximising there...

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Novascova - 01-21-2020

I would have to agree, I understand that things might change in the future with this ID but since you are basically just Coalition defectors it would make sense to only have ZoI where Coalition is most active like Bretonia, Exeter and most of the Omegas but not really the Omicrons or even the Taus since Bretonia isn't fighting Gallia anymore. Now I don't know all the lore behind privateers anyway but this is just my take on it.

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Lusitano - 01-21-2020

4.8k cargo hold transport?! why not 4.3 like so many factions has?!

why omicron theta and omcron xi? what is the interest of your militia there?!

RE: [CP] Crimean Privateers - Spectre - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 12:25 PM)Shiki Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:19 PM)conmann35 Wrote: Bretonian Privateer ID was the best fit for the situation. Unlike most defections, this was organic and took place as the result of trends and actions which occurred across the better part of last year. Privateering is a means to the end of nation-building and striking against relevant foes. It is not the final goal.

Yes, I get it that you grabbed the first ID that came in handy, that is the problem.
I suppose because of this reason you expect them to use a Coalition ID because of their background? This flip-flopping is impressive.

Best of luck, gents. I've had a few interactions with you guys (mostly in Exeter) over the past few weeks. Looking forward to more.
ID lines are indeed a bit weird, but I suppose that's more a consequence of trying to merge Coalition aspects, yea? In that case, it looks pretty okay to me.