Discovery Gaming Community
I'm also curious - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: I'm also curious (/showthread.php?tid=176365)

Pages: 1 2

I'm also curious - -Rax- - 01-22-2020

As we kept discussing about balancing aspects in this game,

Shouldn't we discuss how would a new or new to medium discovery member create his own pob (since that's one of the possibilities of this mod) without fearing that this might, in any case, get sieged apocalliptically by one to three hundred caps in some mere hours?

RE: I'm also curious - pillow - 01-22-2020

an easy fix to this would be to disallow pobs to be made at all forever

RE: I'm also curious - Skorak - 01-22-2020

Very constructive.

As for my suggestion: Kusari has areas they specifically suggest you to build in. It's difficult though because it varies so much per region on what you can do and what you have to consider.

RE: I'm also curious - The_Godslayer - 01-22-2020

Or, people can get over it, and accept that you lose things from time to time, or even a lot more than time to time. Part of playing an online game is dealing with other people, whether its trash metas in competitive games, or stupid corporations behind perfectly fine games, or aggressive people in this game. You win some, you lose some. Part of playing the POB game is risk assessment. If your POB is right next to some planet, yes, everyone and their mums will come to shoot it. If your POB is 62K above the sun in a random Tau, no one is going to know it exists until someone on a rant in the forums exposes them.

As a relatively new, or medium new player, please stop trying to white knight for us, and if you are, do something about the economy and lack of income that doesn't require putting 260 straight hours into the game during a 2 day period of a money event, or being some 12+ year veteran's friend.

RE: I'm also curious - Karlotta - 01-22-2020

What Skorak suggested was suggested by me here, with some detail.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=159051

Some more things that make rules and mechanics around POBs easier to understand, and that provide more oorp guidance around them, are in here:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=158145

RE: I'm also curious - -Rax- - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:03 PM)Pillow Wrote: an easy fix to this would be to disallow pobs to be made at all forever

[Image: Tw7aAFC.png?1]

....lemme leave this just here, yeah.

(01-22-2020, 03:14 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote: Or, people can get over it, and accept that you lose things from time to time, or even a lot more than time to time. Part of playing an online game is dealing with other people, whether its trash metas in competitive games, or stupid corporations behind perfectly fine games, or aggressive people in this game. You win some, you lose some. Part of playing the POB game is risk assessment. If your POB is right next to some planet, yes, everyone and their mums will come to shoot it. If your POB is 62K above the sun in a random Tau, no one is going to know it exists until someone on a rant in the forums exposes them.

As a relatively new, or medium new player, please stop trying to white knight for us, and if you are, do something about the economy and lack of income that doesn't require putting 260 straight hours into the game during a 2 day period of a money event, or being some 12+ year veteran's friend.

No offense, but you're harming yourself.

RE: I'm also curious - The_Godslayer - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:17 PM)-Rax- Wrote: No offense, but you're harming yourself.

I wouldn't know that. I've been grinding ever since March 2019 for a battlecruiser, and the best I got was an Outcast GB that's basically a really, really heavy fighter with no armor and basic guns.

(01-22-2020, 03:20 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:17 PM)-Rax- Wrote: No offense, but you're harming yourself.

I wouldn't know that. I've been grinding ever since March 2019 for a battlecruiser, and the best I got was an Outcast GB that's basically a really, really heavy fighter with no armor and basic guns.

Then you're actually talking as a "new" player but in the bones of the rest. I'm talking about people actually leaving this game because the only way you're dragging attention in this server nowadays is destroying someone's pob creation.
I am no owner of such thing, but I recall seeing the game "dying" and calling it "a toxic community" over these sieges.
Because sieges are 100% effective if the guys behind it aim for the people that made them, it's just a bully network and that's not how a game should work really.

RE: I'm also curious - Skorak - 01-22-2020

Send me a discord message. Money is very easily made. So there must be an issue. I'll gladly help.