Discovery Gaming Community
Promotions. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Promotions. (/showthread.php?tid=176484)

Pages: 1 2

Promotions. - xenomorph - 01-28-2020

INTRODUCTION
Greetings wonderful people!

I doubt anyone knows who I am, but my representation isn't as important as the idea I wish to share with this community.

Promotions are important for every game, which help enormously to build a greater community, therefore enhance current numbers of active players. I failed to discover any thread regarding promotions, in the way I would like them to exist here. This game is very fun to play, and I believe there are many people there willing to play games such as this one, and enjoy them. However, I also believe we lack something in order to achieve this. We don't promote ourselves actively. Well, there certainly are people I see upload videos on the youtube, record lives on twitch and etc. But, we can improve this. I'm going to get straight to the point as I don't want to make an absurd wall of text.

THE IDEA - #1
We need a "rewarding system", where Game Masters would reward people that upload videos on Youtube. There would be a scale from one to five, where Game Masters would evaluate overall quality of the videos and put them under the desired number on the scale. Each point on that scale would have certain amount of credits as a reward. This of course would have a set of rules, justifying how the video should look like (length of the video; there must be put in the description of the video our forum address; creator must put in the title Discovery of Freelancer and similar). The Game Masters would totally own the right to reject videos that broke a point from the given set of rules.

- Requires a set of rules, to justify requirements if the creator wishes to participate in this system.
- Scale from one to five, where Game Masters will evaluate overall quality of the video and put it into deserved category.
- Game Masters own the right to reject videos that are breaking the given set of rules.
- Rewards will be given depending on category the video is put in.

THE IDEA - #2
Nearly the same as above, the only different is that the overall quality of the video doesn't play the role. Instead, the video will be put in the deserved category depending on the number of views it has.

- Requires a set of rules, to justify requirements if the creator wishes to participate in this system.
- Scale from one to five, where number of views will play the role deciding in which category the video should be put in. DIFFERENT
- Game Masters own the right to reject videos that are breaking the given set of rules.
- Rewards will be given depending on category the video is put in.

This would require a new sub forum called promotions, I guess.

To me, this is an interesting idea worth of discussion.

RE: Promotions. - Connor - 01-28-2020

I would endorse this idea however I would make a few changes. A scale of 1-5 basically means 1 = your video is shit and 5 your video is better then everyone elses which isn't going to drive a positive experience and probably demotivate people to advertise us.

I would, however, be in favour of "sponsoring" certain content creators such as @"SnakeLancerGame" or @diamond1 who upload YouTube videos and stream on twitch respectively. Both are good content creators. I'd be in favour of giving them ships for events, unique items or other cool things.

"Hey I want to review this ship, can I have it for a week?"

"Hey this event is coming up I need this ship"

"I want to do something cool can I have these weapons"

"Make a base for me. I want to do a cool event"

That sort of thing.

RE: Promotions. - SnakThree - 01-28-2020

Give LH~ Connor's.Thor with 15 SNAcs Big Grin

RE: Promotions. - Hokan - 01-28-2020

More corruption from Connor >: (

RE: Promotions. - Liberty.In - 01-28-2020

(01-28-2020, 04:48 PM)Connor Wrote: I would endorse this idea however I would make a few changes. A scale of 1-5 basically means 1 = your video is ***** and 5 your video is better then everyone elses which isn't going to drive a positive experience and probably demotivate people to advertise us.
Competition is the engine of progress.

Quality videos are released tomorrow, the day after tomorrow we have perfect videos.

RE: Promotions. - xenomorph - 01-28-2020

It could also work the following way.

scale from one to five would mark number of views a video has, and each number would have a reward with it of course, in credits. Videos can be either rejected or accepted. Rejected videos would be type of videos that broke the set of rules, and accepted videos the opposite.

RE: Promotions. - Lythrilux - 01-28-2020

(01-28-2020, 04:48 PM)Connor Wrote: I would, however, be in favour of "sponsoring" certain content creators such as @SnakeLancerGame or @diamond1 who upload YouTube videos and stream on twitch respectively. Both are good content creators. I'd be in favour of giving them ships for events, unique items or other cool things.

tie in with raid: shadow legends?

RE: Promotions. - Lucas - 01-28-2020

Highly against this if it goes any further than just borrowing CC's ships/gear to show people in vids

RE: Promotions. - Vitoniz30 - 01-28-2020

I agree with suggestions, but also would say it's unfair for people unable to record and upload videos. Expand reward system for them too.

RE: Promotions. - xenomorph - 01-28-2020

I've just made some changes to the main post.

From my point of view, I don't expect people to be bothered by the way GMs rate the videos, regarding the quality if you're more for the #1 idea.

Giving equipment to people is something I don't wish to see, as there are probably many other people interested in this, and giving equipment to every single one of them would be a pain that we don't need. Not to mention that additional equipment probably wouldn't increase overall quality or number of views of the video. We're all the same, nobody is different (don't get me wrong here). Thereby, you can make great stuff as an "ordinary" player.

@Vitoniz30
I agree with you. There are other ways of promoting this game as well, besides this one. Share us some ideas. =)

The point is to attempt and build a greater community. It's not impossible, but it is difficult.