Discovery Gaming Community
Thinking of Rebooting MM - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Thinking of Rebooting MM (/showthread.php?tid=176589)

Thinking of Rebooting MM - Dieter Schprokets - 02-01-2020

I have noted that there does seem to be a gap for a solid Merc Faction in the server. Many of you may remember that MM used to fill that gap.

Mandalorian (cough..) Mercenaries...

(Hey I didn't start it or name it, I just took it over and ran it for a few very successful years. No baby Yoda jokes please.)

I don't propose rebooting the same Star-Wars crossover though. I propose a new Merc Faction with a similar role in the Sirian universe that MM had, and run it the same way we ran MM.

I'd like 1) Feedback and 2) People who would be interested in joining.

Assuming this can be done I would then work on 1) Fleshing out a faction status, 2) A formal in-RP recruitment thread and 3) Contracts with client factions.

Please also note this is not intended to be a PVP whore gang. It never was that, and I can let others vouch for that. Though we did have some folks in the ranks from time to time that tended that way.

Below is very preliminary. It should look very familiar to those who knew or belonged to MM.

--------

MM : Mercenaries of Manchester

Consist primarily (but not exclusively) of ex-BAF who used to call Leeds home, most of whom lost everything when the Gallics fried the place.

Based largely on Sheffield Station in Manchester, and Barrier Gate in Coronado, they also maintain a loose presence on various Freeports.

This somewhat loosely affiliated organisation maintains contracts with the lawful factions of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonia, doing deniable "wet work", or acting to openly assist in emergencies as and when required. They also work with the Outcasts, and their affiliates.

They are united in their rootlessness, and also by the desire to extract revenge on Gallia, without much regard for whether the Gallics in question are lawfuls, or unlawfuls, or civilians.

SHIPS:

Snubs only. Civilian, Border Worlds or Edge Worlds. Each member should have at least one fighter and one bomber.

FL Tag and ID.

Naming convention : MM~Firstname.Lastname
Or MM~"Callsign".Lastname for those who like that sort of thing.

RANKS:
-Squaddie
-Associate
-Consul
-"The Chief" or "The Boss" or "The Old Man"

RE: Thinking of Rebooting MM - Omicron - 02-01-2020

I would think BHG/BHG Guard Core is good enough for lawful purposes. Why not just take it to border worlds and initiate some drama between mining corps away from sight of police?

RE: Thinking of Rebooting MM - Prysin - 02-01-2020

Sounds good. you should start out as BHG, then go official and ask for a revival of the old Mercenary ID. That will give you flexibility to serve lawfuls, aswell as unlawfuls and everything inbetween.

I'll join you, Dieter. MM was a cool faction.

RE: Thinking of Rebooting MM - Aazalot - 02-01-2020

OH MY GOD!
MM was the first faction i ever joined when i started in Discovery, even when i left and came back i was able to rejoin without issue when it was Jeni and Casero running things.
I can indeed vouch that MM was more about fufilling RP contracts and honourable fighting then just looking for a good PvP scrap. If this ended up getting off the ground id be all over joining

RE: Thinking of Rebooting MM - Dieter Schprokets - 02-01-2020

MM in the past ended up using the FL tag and ID and its good for our mix of contracts.

The BH tag and ID has a big problem : it would prevent allying with unlawfuls, but we would seek out contracts with OC and associates (ie BD).

Our proposed contracts are lawful in the Bretonia/Liberty/Rheinland Sphere and unlawful in the Kusari/Gallia Sphere.

Thanks Prysin I'm gonna assemble a list of those interested and fire up a recruitment thread soon.

RE: Thinking of Rebooting MM - Garrett Jax - 02-02-2020

Sign me up, Dieter. I had a blast with the MM back in the day.