Discovery Gaming Community
Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. (/showthread.php?tid=176590)

Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Yazov - 02-01-2020

[Image: y8uQ3Ug.png?1]

Sigma-59 have met Kirigiri with gloomy atmosphere and increased level of solar radiation outside the cockpit; stellar system agressive environment, from what it seemed, have made construction of trade lane network unfeasible, despite Niigata being not the only lawful space station constructed in the gravity well of the blue giant. Thus, the final distance of Kyoko's travel was marked with navigational buoys, which assumingly indicated the safest route to the colossus of Gas Miners' ingenuity.

Kirigiri have arrived ahead of time - punctuality was among her natural traits, besides, she had to reserve herself a living space comfortable enough to both spend the night and hold her little discreet meeting. She was a little upset by Michal - it was his courtesy this meeting was even made possible, but, at the same time it was his courtesy that now the detective would only assume who is going to pay her visit. Given the nature of this affair it would be logical to expect Wedjat operative - when it comes to information it would naturally be hanldled by Overwatch intelligence. Kirigiri took the necessary precaution measures to make sure the Order operative has no complications in tracking her down in such a colossal stellar structure. After leaving a message for them at the reception, Kirigiri left for her apartment.

The condition were... modest, frankly speaking, yet included everything necessary. Opposite to the entrance was a large porthole of tempered glass occupying the most part of the wall from the floor to the ceiling; to the right of the porthole there was a bed, to the left - a desk with a chair. The moment the room resident came in - the soft lights have turned on automatically, the insides were filled with measures buzz of the refrigerator. Kirigiri searched the room thoroughly but did not find traces of surveillance. With that figured out, she set the alarm for 3 hours ahead and. for the first time in two days, she touched the pillow with her head, figuring out that since she had to wait she could as well get some rest.

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Omicron - 02-02-2020

Intercom would ring slightly before the appointed time for a meeting. The computer embedded into the wall indicated that message she left over at reception had been received by intended person some time ago correlating to the amount of time necessary to navigate towards the rendezvous.

Receiving the guest, it was a woman. She had no uniform consistent with what is considered standard issue by The Order and Overwatch standards, instead clothed in more old-school fashion popular among freelancers with exception of the jacket’s peculiar insignias and sewn in patches. Most of those carried no meaning to memories of the living. The last was however instantly recognizable from up close, the Black Squadron emblem of The Order. Her ‘official’ ID would clear any possible misunderstandings. The data Kyoko saw was genuine, even if ‘rank’ was simply a blank state.

She was taller, well over ten centimeters of advantage. Green eyes, red hair longer than is normally permitted within any Sirian military. Presumably she gets some leeway due to her status. “Inquisitor Valkyrie.” She identified herself once doors were perfectly shut to any potential outside observer. Accent was notable, though nothing that could help her pinpoint any specific planet that she could originate from. Inquisitors, if those ring any bells to Kirigiko, were some twisted Order version on a ‘political officer’ - more secretive than typical equivalent of commissar that Coalition employs, as well as far lower of a killcount. If one of those was not busy with overseeing a cell, they defaulted to specially privileged operatives outside regular hierarchy.

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Yazov - 02-02-2020

The alarm clock Kirigiri had set prior to taking her rest there rang a few minutes before the intercom; she'd instantly rise, blinking and staring off into space meaninglessly for a few seconds before consciousness came back to her in full. And that's when she heard the intercom ringing, it's short, simple melodious ringtone somewhat stood out in the tense atmosphere that reigned over the room throughout the seconds before the Inquisitor came in. Detective's attention have immediately focused on her.
Kyoko herself, on the contrary to her guest, was dressed in her usual, strict outfit consisting of a white blouse, short grey skirt, black ankle boots and her usual, dark purple gloves. Kyoko's tail was tied into a long ponytail with a black ribbon, with a couple of strands falling down freely on the shoulders. The visitor was just what Kirigiri expected them to be. Aside from obvious differences in almost everything and the accent notable with even a couple of words spoken aloud, nothing else could give even a distant idea of their... or, rather, her past - it is not exactly correct to address someone about whose gender you are certain like this. Kirigiri thoroughly examined Valkyrie - with just a look, rubbing her chin as she watched over the tall person that stood at the automatically closed door.
"Kirigiri Kyoko." The host of the meeting have given Valkyrie the courtesy of introducing herself with a real name and not some fancy alias - mainly, because she did not have one, it just was not necessary. Just like the introduction - Valkyrie most likely knew to whom she is paying a visit. Besides, Kirigiri was proud of her name. Meanwhile, she came to a conclusion her guest bears no ill intentions, the badge of the Black Squadron have confirmed that Kirigiri's guest was the one she was expecting. The Inquisitor, as was supposed to, had that aura of mystery and danger surrounding her, though, it was only for those to fear who has - or had - ill feelings against The Order.
"Please, take a seat." Kirigiri gestured at the only chair in the room, close to the desk. The detective seemingly lost interest in her guest, at least, Kyoko did not stare at her fixatedly now, seemingly more content with Valkyrie's presence now than when she had just came in.

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Omicron - 02-03-2020

“I am not at liberty to reveal my name, not that it actually carries any significance. Valk can do for now.” She smiled, respectfully. The nickname was coined long before joining up with The Order, a history of the shoulder patches which remain silent.

As she hid her ID, Kiri could not figure out exactly how many she had there except that at the very least two. Under the jacket was sheathed combat knife. She took the seat, being thankful for it. Her hair was not as it should be, deformed from some hours of wearing a pilots helmet. Valkyrie did not bothered to fix that or maybe she was in a hurry. Taking a seat, she noted the rather pleasant sight of the Sigma 59’s frontier aesthetic.

“From what I understand, you have certain needs or require some guarantees… You were not willing to disclose details over the comms. My job is to assess it and pass the message back to our common friend. No matter what happens, we will not go out of our way to make your life any harder. What can we do for you?“

Inquisitor went straight to the point. She did not bring any recording device as would be common in Protectorate, at least nothing that was overtly visible. No incriminating evidence to find on her body that could be sold on to Houses by some lucky pirate. Assuming criminal could get that close without unfortunate accident.

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Yazov - 02-03-2020

"Straight to the point, then? Good." Kirigiri sat on the edge of bed, her facial expression have not visibly changed though she sounded amused - as if she'd have exactly the same plan in mind and was now grateful to Valkyrie for abstaining from idle chatter; it could be good to distract possible survelliance but, as Kyoko have proven prior to Inquisitor arrival - this room had no survelliance. So the meeting was indeed discreet.
"Firstly - i understand that you may only be considered a messenger and the actual decision will not be made here and now - unless you have Grand Admiral patched in and listening to my every word. Secondly - as you have probably figured out - i am fed up with House governments and interstellar politics to the brim. That is where my first condition comes from: i would like to acquire the Protectorate citizenship with the right to settle on Akabat. Preferably avoiding the bureaucracy unless it is absolutely necessary. Before i proceed to my next condition i would like to point out that the very reason i have reached out for The Overwatch is to utilise my abilities to their greatest extent to oppose the Nomads and their puppets. I must also stress out that there is a difference between reasonably avoiding coflict with these species and outright sympathising them. The former deserve some recognition for their commendable efforts, the latter deserve to be antagonised and kept in check wherever they go. My key point is: there can be no distinction when it comes to opposing Nomads and their thralls. I thus would like the information i collect during my investigations to be distributed among relevant entities across Sirius by an unaffiliated third party that will keep it's source confidential. I already have such a person in mind." Kirigiri have handed a massive file over to Inquisitor - an unremarkable black case filled with lots of solved cases - Kirigiri's real dossier. " Admiral's words are commendable. I, however, prefer to be valued for my achievements rather than for merely seving justice where it was due. These are the files i have recovered from my family estate archives. They will have better use in The Overwatch possession rather than collecting dust in Kirigiri library. There would also be a third condition - i will only report to and receive assignmemts from Admiral Golanski in person - or his trusted individual: however, i would also like to have all information regarding suspected Nomad sympathisers relayed to me as carbon copies - so i would actually choose my investigations from time to time, notifying The Overwatch prior to heading out. That would be all for my conditions." Kirigiri finished her speech, filled a glass with water and gulped it down - the sheer duration of it made her thirsty.

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Omicron - 02-08-2020

She listened intently, not once interrupting. “While a normal interview would have some sort of records written down in any fashion, that’s for sure - the primary concern for us was to keep in fact as little evidence just in case.” She would reach back to her jacket pulling out a small, square electronic device with some simple buttons and jacks. As she moved it around in her hand, the hud would in fact display that it was turned off. “We are close enough you could theoretically get conference with Order Command, with some noticeable latency. Faster Than Light does not mean instantaneous, given we do not have luxury of lanes and gates to streamline this process. No one is listening this time.”

She had investigated the case, opening it to briefly look though the files. She would simply not have enough time realistically to review this repository of testimonies to her effectiveness as a detective. Kyoko’s curiculum vitae will have to wait until it is safely delivered to the suitable branch of Wedjat for more thorough study. “You, showing credentials to the clerk alone would get your application accepted, not that it is particularly hard. Admiralty may likely expedite the process. Even so, we will need to know if you have any family or dependables you would like to bring along. Knowing your intentions, we will have to add free access to unrestricted parts of the Protectorate, am I right?”

It was curious how a female would be allowed to carry on such an immaculate career in a society which aggressively hindered women trying to move past their station only a few years back. It was a question for another time. “It is hard to draw a definitive doctrine on the subject of what is or isn’t acceptable. Much depends on the context. However I believe we can both agree that while the Outcasts have crossed the trigger threshold; Civilians under any sane circumstances cannot be considered a military asset against the Nomads.”

“Your proxy cannot be allowed full and inexhaustible list of Order allies and associates, mind you. The Order protocols preserves their identities as much as yours and for some more vulnerable it may be a matter of life and death. Even if he or she can be trusted, it is a burden that paints a target on people’s back. We can however disseminate any intel package to all covert parties that are in need of such data in the field once your intermediary erases any footprint that could be traced back to you.”

Was it a certain prestige or satisfaction she could get from receiving ‘orders’ straight from the top brass itself, she could not tell right now. This time it isn’t her problem and what she thought about it was out of the equation. “I will make your third request known as well. I would highly advise you to consider the schedule within The Protectorate. Trying to catch up with any Order high up on the move is exponentially harder activity, even for someone of your particular talents. I suppose this is where your visa comes into play.”

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Yazov - 02-10-2020

"Indeed, the less evidence is left about this - the less likely the information will leak to unwanted parties. For that same reason, i believe, we'd better scuttle with the idea of relaying information through third party. I know that i am the one to initially suggest it, but after giving it some more thoughts - we are better off without additional risks." She listened, memorising everything said; quickly glanced over the device, it was, without a doubt, turned off - no big surprise, it was to be expected that they'd take something like this serious. Some questions were left unanswered, so Kirigiri have went on to address them when it was her turn to talk. "No family, no depenables. I will not get into details, but that is frankly not a reason for concerns right now. Speaking of the movements within the Protectorate - access to unrestricted space would be a good start; should the necessarity arise - some special permissions may be arranged, but that is a matter to discuss for another time." Kirigiri exhaled at the mentioning of Outcasts. Her opinion on those was outright negative and was one of a few things that caused the strong emotions. "The Outcasts are nothing but a stain on the face of Sirius. Perhaps, the world would have been better off without these vermin."

RE: Kirigiri's first trial: Inclusion. - Omicron - 03-01-2020

“Even in my position, it is best to see our enemies as something more than subhuman, moral degenerates to understand what happens inside of their mind. Even so, likes of Core Guildmasters and Outcast Dons have no redeeming qualities. It may come as a surprise to you but I worked with some Maltese in the past. Helps to get into their mindset.”

She did not try to defend them whatsoever, merely pointing out some human angle to take advantage of. It was easy to blindly hate, Kirigiri could note by her now breaking composure that it isn't an easy task for people who suffered countless atrocities, Toledo included. She exhaled loudly, thinking she had everything she had come for here.

“I believe I heard everything I need to inform the High Command adequately about the nature and details of your request. If you have no more questions, I will attend to making sure your request is completed as soon as possible. You shall expect an answer shortly.”