Discovery Gaming Community
About Mining - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: About Mining (/showthread.php?tid=176639)

About Mining - TuraelFA - 02-03-2020

First yes i have read the Mining Guide
and i know or think the Guide isnt Up to Date or at last some informations seems to be missing or are wrong like the Miningfield in "Omega-3" now "Nottingham"

Now to the question in the guide there is to read "First, you will require a specialized mining ship. The following ships have mining bonuses as of 4.89.2 (courtesy of @Karst):"
now idk is the 4.89.2 the bonus or the versions number from the game from where the guide is ?

and else have this ships in this list diffrence in bonus or have they all the same bonus and if they dont have a bonus like someone else told me and only the id gives the mining bonus
then there should be no diffrence if i mine with a special mining ship or a 5k transport except the turn ratio

thx in advance for your replys

mfg Jörg

RE: About Mining - Skorak - 02-03-2020

To receive the bonus you need the correct combination of ID+IFF+SHIP and you have to use mining weaponry. The bonus is the same across the board. But you'll notice bigger ships being slower as the bonus goes for each mining laser hitting at the same time. Bigger ships also move slower.

Ps: im not sure if iff is required anymore.

RE: About Mining - TuraelFA - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 04:39 PM)Skorak Wrote: To receive the bonus you need the correct combination of ID+IFF+SHIP and you have to use mining weaponry. The bonus is the same across the board. But you'll notice bigger ships being slower as the bonus goes for each mining laser hitting at the same time. Bigger ships also move slower.

Ps: im not sure if iff is required anymore.

So it depends on how much lasers are equipped ? or how much hit at the same time ?
as example the Kamone "Kusari Miner" can equip 6 Lasers the Guide say u should use 6 Mining Lasers as well and if i Mine in strg + v view it looks for me that all lasers hit the same time

then the Kamone is one of the Bigger Miners in the list from its Cargo Space so a smaller one is still faster ?

if yes i still dont understand exept the turn ratio

about iff if its still in use there should be no problem as example if i wanna mine He3 and make a new char with /restart KuCorpSamura bcs then u have auto a Samura IFF from 1.0 right ?

RE: About Mining - Stokaztik - 02-15-2020

Hi all, I think the Mining Guide is not up to date.
I have a Bretonian Percheron transport with Heavy Mining Array (as required) and an IFF of Core (which reduce my perf to 90%) since The Core does not have Transport class miner ships. According to the Mining guide, bonus on Iridium in Omicron Delta should be X3.0
But I get lowest (zero) bonus, as I get 1 unit mined per shot. Gets time to fill the 2500 cargo of the Percheron !
Maybe new ships bonus (the Bretonia transport is not in the Mining guide) do not get updated yet in the patched 4.92 ?

RE: About Mining - Skorak - 02-15-2020

The ID is Core but the IFF has to be core too.

Your IFF is the flashing reputation at the bottom of your reputation list.

Can you double check that once the server comes online?

RE: About Mining - TuraelFA - 02-15-2020

(02-15-2020, 10:03 AM)Stokaztik Wrote: Hi all, I think the Mining Guide is not up to date.
I have a Bretonian Percheron transport with Heavy Mining Array (as required) and an IFF of Core (which reduce my perf to 90%) since The Core does not have Transport class miner ships. According to the Mining guide, bonus on Iridium in Omicron Delta should be X3.0
But I get lowest (zero) bonus, as I get 1 unit mined per shot. Gets time to fill the 2500 cargo of the Percheron !
Maybe new ships bonus (the Bretonia transport is not in the Mining guide) do not get updated yet in the patched 4.92 ?

i would say Probably the problem is with the "Percheron"
bcs it isnt listed in the Mining Guide as Mining Ship
and even the Description from the Ship List Wiki doesnt say anything about that it would be good or used for mining same for the review

that the mining guide isnt up to date is at last proven
as Example
- Mining Zones Cobalt = Omega 3 insteed of Nothingham
- or that the Bretonion Frighter Miner "Clydesdale" can mine Cobalt

so probably i would use insteed "Rock Badger" or "Hegemon" as transport Miners for Iridium

RE: About Mining - Stokaztik - 02-16-2020

Thank you both.
Skorak, yes, I checked, my IFF "The Core" is flashing green on the last line of Rep board. ID is The Core, from the Cargo or Equipment.
TuraelFA, yes, I use the Rock badger for another of my characters on Molybdenium in Gallia. The Clydesdale does good on Iridium but its too small , not worth the long trip from Omicron Delta to Scarborough.
Will try with the Hegemon, and let you know.
BTW, I ran into "Access denied" in Alaska going to Omicron Minor and in Omicron Xi going through Omicron Beta. I suppose that's part of the game, but is it particular to my factions (Core and Freelancer) ? Do I have to belong to the clan that owns the system ?
Thanks.

RE: About Mining - Alestone - 02-16-2020

(02-16-2020, 12:37 AM)Stokaztik Wrote: TuraelFA, yes, I use the Rock badger for another of my characters on Molybdenium in Gallia. The Clydesdale does good on Iridium but its too small , not worth the long trip from Omicron Delta to Scarborough.

The reason for this is that mining is meant to be a group activity or for you to set up/support a POB that can store or sell the ore.

Large scale mining by yourself is not meant to not be effective.

RE: About Mining - Lusitano - 02-16-2020

(02-16-2020, 12:37 AM)Stokaztik Wrote: BTW, I ran into "Access denied" in Alaska going to Omicron Minor and in Omicron Xi going through Omicron Beta. I suppose that's part of the game, but is it particular to my factions (Core and Freelancer) ? Do I have to belong to the clan that owns the system ?
no! it is your ship that is mtoo big to pass. only snubs and freighters can pass