Discovery Gaming Community
To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest (/showthread.php?tid=176696)

To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Lionheart523 - 02-06-2020

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: 0TCFHy4.jpg]ID: Cpt. Theobald Franklin

To: Liberty Navy

Subject: Official Protest

Greetings Representatives of the Liberty Navy!

My name is Theobald Franklin and I am the captain of the Orbital Spa and Cruise Liner Reverie. We at Orbital and Cruise strive to deliver the most pleasant experience to all our passengers, no matter who they are. However recently we were unable to do even this, because we had a rather unpleasant episode in the heart of Liberty.

Yesterday evening the Reverie was on a special cruise from New Tokyo to Gran Canaria, on board more than 3500 Envoys for a meeting. As we often do we stopped at Manhattan for a short break.

At 9:41pm, as the Reverie was parked in orbit of Planet Manhatten next to its Docking Rings, a Navy vessel, callsign "INCEPTOR", approached for a cargo scan. Being this a routine event we of course complied. Despite our cooperation, at 9:42pm "INCEPTOR" fired two torpedos at us, claiming he mixed up the targets. Being in close proximty to the Navy vessel we were of course unable for any countermeasures and the torpedos hit us. The first wiped out our shields, the second damaged our hull massivly (repair costs more than 800.000SC). We were massivly lucky, that neither passengers nor crew had serious injuries, only small cuts and bruises and being shaken up. It could have ended much worse, with dead civilians.
But that was not the end. The "INCEPTOR" claimed that transporting Envoys is illigal. Altough I never heared of this, I checked the Libertonian Law, since I couldn't rule out a mistake from our side. I couldn't find anything of Envoys being illigal. The Navy Vessel then "let us go, this time, because he shot at us".

A protocol of the Black Box recording is attached to this message.

I, Theobald Franklin, Captain of the Orbital Spa and Cruise Liner Reverie, file hearby an official protest at the Liberty Navy on behalf of Orbital Spa and Cruise.

Such actions as done by "INCEPTOR" should not happen. In our eyes a Navy Pilot should be able to handle his targeting computer while being in a stressful situation. This pilot seemed not to.
Also Navy Pilots who handle contraband tasks should know Libertonian Law by heart. If it is true, that Envoys are illigal to transport in Liberty space, then the Laws of Liberty should be immediatly updated, so that one can read up on them.

I hope that the pilot in question will profit from additional training with his equipment. Otherwise I fear there might be much worse than cuts and bruises among civilians next time.

Regards,
Cpt. Theobald Franklin
OS&C|Reverie

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Reverie
Living Dreams!

RE: To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Inferno - 02-08-2020

- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

COMM ID: Office of the Admiralty
TARGET ID: Captain Franklin, Theobald, Orbital Spa and Cruise
ENCRYPTION: LIBNAV-THETA-14
PRIORITY: URGENT

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Mister Theobald,

. . . . .I apologize for being tardy in this response. The life of an Fleet Admiral is one of constant events.

However, the time of pleasantries is short, as we have a situation of grave importance to discuss. LABC-I940-061906 Inceptor, Second Fleet. Engaged in improper enforcement of Liberty Law, endangerment of Liberty Corporations and multi-House Civilians, negligent discharge of weaponry, attempting to charge an entity of a crime they have not committed, and attempted monetary theft. That's quite a list of infringements we are working with, and definitely not the standard expected of the Liberty Navy. Investigation teams will be assigned to the record of this ship and crew, and the charges will be brought to bear on the command and bridge staff.

. . . . .Such an endangerment to life and property will not go unoticed. Damages to vessel and personal items will be repaid, and the passengers and crew of the vessel will be compensated for the reckless actions of the offending party. An itemized list of damages and full medical fees are requested, and an account payable to. There should be zero reason why the actions of an outside party cause a loss on the financial end of the accosted.

I dearly regret the actions of the Liberty Navy and this incident and wish to hear from you soon.

Kazuo, Jason
Fleet Admiral
Liberty Navy Primary Fleet, Admiralty Office

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defense Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.
- - - - - SIGNAL LOST - - - - -

RE: To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Lionheart523 - 02-10-2020

To: Fleet Admiral Jason Kazuo, Office of the Admiralty, Liberty Navy Primary Fleet

Subject: Re: Official Protest

Greetings Fleet Admiral Kazuo!

I am very pleased to hear from you and that the incident is taken seriously; and even more, that the Liberty Navy offers compensations.
It took some time, but after consulting with my staff we were able to sum up the damage costs from the incident.

Repairs:
  • Hull Platings..................346.850
  • Power Core.....................127.030
  • Scanner.........................11.120
  • Engines.........................82.130
  • Turrets........................243.120
Total Repairs.......................810.250

Interieur
  • Glassware, Furniture, Decorations, Food, Drinks, etc.
Total Interieur (rounded)............12.000

Injuries
  • Minor injured Civilians: 1912
    Cuts and bruises mostly; treated on site without need of medical asisstance in a hospital
    Material cost (rounded down).....3.000
  • Minor injured Crew Members: 52
    Cuts and bruises mostly; treated on site without need of medical asisstance in a hospital
    Material cost (rounded down).......100
  • Major injured Civilians: 1
    broken wrist;
    transfered to Manhatten General Hospital
    Transport and Treatment Costs....9.723
Total Injuries (rounded).............12.823

Total Costs..............................835.073

Account: OS&C|Reverie

On behalf of the Crew of the Orbital Spa and Cruise Liner Reverie, as well as its passengers we thank you for your effort.
I can provide you with some good news. The passenger with the broken wrist was able to leave the hospital after one day. Repairs were finally done and the Reverie was able to complete its journey to Bretonia Space without any further incidents. Unfortunatly the symposium the Envoys wanted to attend was cancled, because of lack of attendance.

Best regards,
Cpt. Theobald Franklin
OS&C|Reverie

OS&C|Reverie
Living Dreams!

RE: To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Inferno - 02-12-2020

- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

COMM ID: Office of the Admiralty
TARGET ID: Captain Franklin, Theobald, Orbital Spa and Cruise
ENCRYPTION: LIBNAV-THETA-14
PRIORITY: URGENT

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Mister Theobald,

. . . . .The claims department reviewed the charges, and determined that they were within reasonable limits.

. . . . .However, as there was an endangerment of human life on behalf of a formerly-acting crew, additional compensation was provided to cover for the temporary arrangement required, as well as to make up for any loss generated with the repair downtime.

Hopefully this will alleviate any problems caused by this incident.

Kazuo, Jason
Fleet Admiral
Liberty Navy Primary Fleet, Admiralty Office

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defense Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.
- - - - - SIGNAL LOST - - - - -

RE: To: Liberty Navy - From: OS&C|Reverie - Subj.: Official Protest - Lionheart523 - 03-07-2020

To: Fleet Admiral Jason Kazuo, Office of the Admiralty, Liberty Navy Primary Fleet

Subject: Re: Manhatten Incident

Greetings Fleet Admiral Kazuo!

My apologies for answering so late to your last message, Fleet Admiral. I was indisposed because of private matters.

Your transaction was recieved and is very much appreciated. On behalf of Orbital Spa and Cruise as well as the Reverie, its crew and passangers I thank you.

I herby consider the incident from our side as closed and thank you again.

Best regards,
Cpt. Theobald Franklin
OS&C|Reverie

OS&C|Reverie
Living Dreams!