Discovery Gaming Community
Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Cruisers cargo size re-balance (/showthread.php?tid=176759)

Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Groshyr - 02-09-2020

An introduction or 'what I am speaking about'
I am not sure is that a right place for this but I do hope moderators will move this thread if I posted it in the wrong one.

Alright, let's cut to the chase. There's plenty of words to be read. Please, be patient and read it until the end.

It's not a big deal that some cruisers have a small difference in the cargo size due to it's RP background, size, etc, but sometimes it used to happen that something goes wrong. As it happens with Rheinland cruiser and red hessian one (this is just an example, I'll attach a table of cruisers 'size/cargo' a bit later).

Speaking simple, both are heavy cruisers, but Donau, somehow, got 900 cargo space when Vidar has only 800.

What it's given to Donau? First of all - both cruisers can mount and use Cloaking device Mk2 Advanced but in context of Donau she can use CAU8 (and still some cargo space will be left free) but not Vidar - she should choose between long-term cloak or best armour. So, if I wish to have the mk2 adv - I am forced to use CAU6 or 7 (under a big question mark, because right now, with CAU6, adv cloak and one docking module, my Vidar has 15 cargo space left) or CAU8 with Mk2 cloak. Is it fair and balanced? I guess it is not.

I do understand that the developer team has much bigger matter to concern but however, I would like to raise a discussion or directly request an overhaul of cruiser cargo size to allow all heavy cruisers use cau8+mk 2 adv cloak or to rebalance working time of mk2 which is mostly used to destroyers and cruisers than mk2 adv one.

Cruiser name Heavy/Medium/Light Cargo space
Nomad Cruiser Heavy (4x Heavy) 950
Order Recon Cruiser Medium (3x Heavy) 900
Rheinland Cruiser Heavy (4x Heavy) 900
Bretonia Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 800
Coalition Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 800
Corsair Cruiser Heavy (4x Heavy) 800
Gaian Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 800
Liberty Cruiser Light (2x Heavy) 800
Red Hessian Cruiser Heavy (4x Heavy) 800
Rheinland Pirate Cruiser Medium (3x Heavy) 800
Zoner Q-ship Light (2x Heavy) 750
Rogue Destroyer Medium (3x Heavy) 720
Core Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 700
Crayter Cruiser Heavy (4x Heavy) 700
Dragon Cruiser Light (2x Heavy) 700
Enclave Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 700
Gallic Destroyer Light (2x Heavy) 700
Gammu AI Cruiser Light (2x Heavy) 700
Kusari Destroyer Medium (3x Heavy) 700
Outcast Destroyer Medium (3x Heavy) 700

What do I offer?
I do offer a unification: all heavy cruisers cargo size is to 900, medium - 850 and lights 800, which will allow all of them to use cloak mk2 adv with different armours.

Why? As for me, it will allow the variety not only in the weapon but in other equipment too. Let's be honest: cloak Mk 2 adv is not so good as some people think. It has 60 seconds of charge but works for almost 17 minutes. The Mk2 charges for 20 seconds and work about 5-6 minutes. So, as for me, Mk2 can be useful during the battle for hit'n'run tactics (if any use it here) when mk2 adv is better for fleet scouting and hidden movement thought the systems full of enemies (NPC or players as well)

I do hope some of you read it until the end before start posting. Please, discuss it.

p.s. I hope devs received this as the message or request to balance cruisers a bit more.

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Alestone - 02-09-2020

Your comparison is too selective since, if you want balance, you have to include the fact that the Vidar has 12 hard points while the Donau only has 11. The Vidar is also more heavily armored.

Ships need to be compared broadly to see balance.

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Groshyr - 02-09-2020

Every turret takes place in the cargo hold. Let's use the context of Donau-Vidar again.

Vidar: 12 turrets - 800 cargo space; 350,000 armour
Donau: 11 turrets - 900 cargo space 320,000 armour

At the size comparison, Donau is smaller than Vidar - she is also vertical and pretty thin. Therefore - Donau can better evade hits than Vidar and 30,000 armour will make not a lot but only for cau6+ armours.

So, Donau has +100 cargo space because it has less at 30K HP and one less turret but also, smaller size (~ a bit bigger than 2/3 of Vidar, check the screenshot)?

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - SnakThree - 02-09-2020

Give them all 900 cargo and let people mount most expensive armour with cloaks. Just allow people to reach that "endgame" where they can spend over a billion on their capital ships.

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Groshyr - 02-09-2020

There's always a better solution: as finally forbid to any class except the battleship itself use Mk 2 adv cloak. It should be the most balanced solution taking into account that people around don't want any stats to be moved/changed, etc

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Uknown - 02-09-2020

Again your comparision is too selective, is supposed to be here, this is why
Rheinland Federal House vs One creepy pirate assembly ...
First of all, Amour, while Rheinland Crusier Donau are as follows
Rheinland Dounau vs Rheinland Vidar
Armor 320,000 vs 350,000
Turrets 11 vs 12
Heavies 4 vs 4
Cargo 900 vs 800
Batt/Bots 775 vs 825
Turn Rate 19.09 vs 20.05

First of all ...
Really? even as Vidar has more or less Turrets, it still gets full armor and just do some math work
A Rheinland Donau CAU MK 8 = 320K * 4 = 1280K
A Rheinland Vidar CAU MK 8 = 350K * 4 = 1400K

1.- Starting with, you get 1400K of a setup with MAX Armor witch as far as i remember, Vidar is a pretty more sleek and agile than the Donau who is bulky and "square" as a "table"
2.- The vidar literally got 1 more radian (i think that is how are measured this stat) of turn rate, not a bit advantage, but if you can get in a position where you can make mess to your enemy, bellive me, every stat counts
3.- More armor literally bring you more batteries/nanobots count ...
4.- You got one more turret so able to literally do like a 2K more DPS than your counterpart (because is one secondary)
5.- Don't trust on me but i think this was done due to a balance on the ship, the vidar is pretty small, sleek and agile, while having more weaponry and armour, that is the advantage, have something others don't have ...
6.- Rheinland Donau is more Energy Conservative, less agile, bulky and slower in turn, but have something Vidar will can probably never have, guns placement, they are pretty nice, fly that beauty is something funny, but, is getting lower on the side ...

Personally i will set the way they are as it seems pretty balanced, belive me, you don't want to put in side risk the Vidar (that is pretty good in cap battle and even with him defending) against the lawful counterpart, you are armored, more armed, more "heavier" but more "agile" and in RW standards this never happen, is just one or two of 3
That is why you probably got 800 cargo instead of 850 or 900 ...
Because Red Hessian Style, prefer more agile than more bulky.

And of course, you are Unlawful ... you are not supposed to have same or even better tech in getting a more efficent cargo, since your ship is prioritizing other more important things, like weaponry, armor and agility ... not "cargo space"

P.D: Is like yo ask put Takeda 800 or 900 of cargo space in that very small ship ... well it sound nasty but is not supposed to that happen, are military ships, not cargo trader ship ...

Your comparision is bad maded, you should consider everything and even more, because one stat you miss, you put a bad comparision in move, in RL is like i set you compare 2 notebooks but i will not say what is his CPU Model even of the same mark ....
Like giving to choose a Intel CPU but one will be hidden to be a Core i7 CPU while other will be a Celeron Centrino CPU ... Tongue ... just saying

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Binski - 02-09-2020

Most cruisers are limited to the one cloak for that reason it seems, as few of the heavy ones can use a larger one, yes you'll need to sacrifice armor on the other end. Or there are BC's.

Your best bet is to not use a heavy cruiser for cloaked scounting, and use a battle transport with a Mk 3 cloak instead. Otherwise Mk 2 adv is for BC's and BS's and is set up not to keep them from having to much ability with them, you're either rigged for scouting, or battle. Ironically though, they brought the insta kill culture upon themselves by rigging cloaks to not be used for escape easily, leaving them only useful for ambushes or spying (which isn't allowed).

RE: Cruisers cargo size re-balance - Lucas - 02-09-2020

Mfw people talk about balance when it comes to cargo space lmao