Discovery Gaming Community
Inside the Witch's lair - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Inside the Witch's lair (/showthread.php?tid=176795)

Inside the Witch's lair - Dark.Star - 02-10-2020

[Image: GravesHMS.jpg]

After being done with the Gauls in New London that appeared just a few hours ago, and having the Javelin temporarily disabled, Ronan Lafayette, commander of the HMS Javelin and HMS Graves, decided to return to the Graves. A Coalition battlecruiser was sighted in Dublin, and Lafayette decided to take it by surprise. He ordered the cloaking of the Graves, and already informed the HMS Witch of Endor, a Dunkirk-class battleship, that he would come and assist in taking it down. Eventually, the Hurricane battlecruiser was spotted. Ronan ordered the Graves to disengage the cloaking device and fire a salvo of 10 shots from the Star Lance cannon. Severely damaging the battlecruiser enough to distract it for the battleship to come, the Graves switched on the defense and support role. Unfortunately, the Hurricane managed to get to a Molly base, and the defenses drew both the Graves and Witch of Endor away. The Witch of Endor returned back in the BMM Gold field, and the Graves back into New London to make sure there won't be any more Gallic ships roaming around. While returning, Lafayette asked the captain of the Witch of Endor regarding meeting for a cup of tea. Charlotte, the captain, happily accepted, though the Graves still had to stay in New London. After some hours, Lafayette was in his quarters, arranging his uniform. Ronan cared a lot about military service and valued the uniform very much, so it's aspect was important. After getting ready, he proceeded to enter his Arrow. The Archer-class is a small cruiser, and a single light fighter could be accomodated, and that was of course the captain's. Ronan exited the Graves in his arrow and started to head towards the Dublin gate.

[Image: Dooblin.jpg]

Of course, on the way to the Dunkirk there were small pirate attacks or patrols., but nothing Lafayette couldn't handle. As his Arrow entered Dublin, he stopped the engines and gazed for a few minutes out the window, admiring the way Dublin looked. Of course, Mollys were still there, but snubcraft groups deployed from the Blackrock easily took care of them. The engines of Ronan's Arrow started again, and headed towards the HMS Witch of Endor which was under the covers of the same asteroid field that shielded Graves station. Finally arriving at his destination, Lafayette submitted the necessary data to be able to land. The Arrow was inside the battleship, and now, it was time for Ronan to change his outfit. Instead of the snubcraft combat outfit, he changed to his uniform. As he got out, Ronan was greeted by what appeared, by the rank the person seemed to have had, an assistant of the captain. The assistant led Ronan towards the captain's quarters, and as they got there, the assistant left. Having said goodbye, Ronan arranged his uniform one last time, nonchalantly knocking on the door: "Tallyho ma'am! Could you perhaps let me come inside?"

RE: Inside the Witch's lair - Charlotte E. Yeager - 02-10-2020

The Witch of Endor remained on watch in the BMM gold field, stationed near Graves and undergoing field repairs, recovering from the damage it took in the recent skirmishes with the Mollys and the Coalition; the disgruntled deviants got their beating and have finally withdrawn to lick their wounds. Whenever they decide to show their despicable faces out of their holes again - the same dramatic fate awaits them, and their ships will be addedd to the abudance of space junk that have recently been a frequent sight in Bretonian space - the massive Debris field that's left from the battle of New London is yet to be cleared, and it is unclear for how long will it be staining the view of Bretonia's capital world.
All in all - Dunkirk have seen little action in the recent hours with the exception of occassional minor Molly raids looking for great fortunes they assume to lie in the bays of departing convoys; what they've been finding was an awaiting departure to the prison cell and, in the worst case scenario - their death warrant.

In the morning, Charlotte took her time to prepare for the guests' visit, tending to her uniform to have that exemplary view that's expected from the Royal Navy officer. Although the meeting was likely going to be informal. Now, the women have been merely expecting her guest to arrive. Nelson's ear twitched slightly, reacting to the voices outside her quarters. Soon as they fell silent and a familiar voice asked to let him in, Charlotte stood up and, walking over to the entrance, opened the oldschool wooden door that apparently matched the interiors of the room. She exhaled, visibly irritated with something, standing to the side cross-handed.
"You sure took your sweet time. Come in."

RE: Inside the Witch's lair - Dark.Star - 02-12-2020

"Apologies for being late, ma'am." With a gentle gesture, Lafayette grabbed Charlotte's hand and kissed it. "There were some problems with some Gallic chaps shortly after we last met, that is why we had to make 'preparations', apologies once again if we kept you waiting for too long." He looked around the room, admiring the royal-blue and white color. One thing catched Ronan's eye pretty quick: There was a lot of old woodwork: bookshelves, a fine-looking worktable and other interesting furniture pieces. He proceeded to go the center of the room, admiring it for a few seconds, then turning back to Charlotte, noticing that something was on her mind. "Hm? I can see pretty clear that there's something wrong, and I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't ask what it is." After asking, Lafayette felt a chill down his spine as he waited her response, even if it was seconds, that seemed like hours.

RE: Inside the Witch's lair - Charlotte E. Yeager - 02-16-2020

Nelson glanced at him with a heavy sight and exhaled. No, her guest was not exactly late, but he entered the room the exact minute their meeting was appointed for. Which, in the opinion of Charlotte was equal to being late; outright pointing out to that was impolite and inhospitable, and Nelson decided to let it slip - Ronan was here on time, and that's all that matters. In the middle of the room there is a round table served for two.
"The ship's cook have finished cooking the meals barely ten minutes ago, and the tea is freshly brewed. I would imagine that after an eventful patrol a little meal is not going to hurt. And you are wrong in your assumption, for there is nothing wrong with your arrival."

RE: Inside the Witch's lair - Dark.Star - 02-16-2020

Lafayette was relieved internally, by a lot. Expecting a harsh reaction, taken by surprise, he was all ears to miss Charlotte's offer. After the dreadful encounter, in which the Armed Forces still prevailed, anyone would welcome a warm meal, anyone human for that matter. Ronan's ears were delighted when they heard the food was so fresh. He just felt sorry they weren't here to share the awesome food and tea, but after all, the meeting was between four eyes. "I'm glad there's nothing wrong. And also, I would absolutely love to have some good food, I actually didn't eat properly for some months now nor my crew. I will make sure to gift them something when I come back." He looked over at the round table, and in a swift and sure move, he pulled one of the chairs. "Please, have a seat." Ronan smiled as he held the chair pulled waiting for her host to sit down, even though he was the guest.