Discovery Gaming Community
GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=176796)

GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment - Backo - 02-10-2020

[Image: qEDwjwB.png]
Gran Canarian Army
Never fear and never falter
Until Canaria is free again!

Recruitment
As you enter a Zoner bar a man sitting alone at one of the tables in the back waves at you to get your attention and invites you to his table for an offer. He discretely explains that he is a recruiter for the Gran Canaria Army and hands you a paper that you need to sign if you are interested to join the Gran Canarian resistance and free the planet from Bretonian oppression.

Code:
[font=Segoe UI][indent]
[color=#8F9779]Gran Canarian Army[/color]
[hr]

[color=#8F9779][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#8F9779][b]Date of birth:[/b][/color]

[color=#8F9779][b]Motivation for joining the GCA:[/b][/color] [a paragraph or so]

[color=#8F9779][b]Any previous combat experience that could help the GCA:[/b][/color] [leave blank if inapplicable]

[color=#8F9779][b]Any other skills that you think might help the GCA:[/b][/color] [leave blank if inapplicable]

[color=#8F9779][b]Are you ready to give your life for the ideal of a Zoner Gran Canaria free from Bretonian oppression:[/b][/color] [your signature here]

[hr]
[u]//ooRP section[/u]

[b]Discord contact:[/b]
[b]Are you OK with the concept of Zoners being a combat faction? [Y/N]:[/b]
[b]Do you understand the server rules and promise to follow them? [Y/N]:[/b]
[hr]
[/font][/indent]

RE: GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment - Chuba - 02-10-2020

Gran Canarian Army

Name: Archie Cormick

Date of birth: 4/4/798

Motivation for joining the GCA: My pa and ma' ma are Zoners and so am I, ya kno? I felt like it is my Gah-given DUTYto liberate Gran Canaria and Omega 49 these bahstads. They ain't gonna feel any Gah damn rest until I am done with the lot! Obviously I am not born on this planet, but the new generations are going to be and I can't let them grow up alongside filthy Bretonians that push their fakn' laws down our throats! WELCOME TO FREE GRAN CANARIA, COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!

Any previous combat experience that could help the GCA: Well, I shot a Bretonian here and there occasionally. Both on land and in space.

Any other skills that you think might help the GCA: I know how to make a Gah damn good coffee, man, that and executions, mainly coffee though. Can also drive armoured vehicles if that counts for anything.

Are you ready to give your life for the ideal of a Zoner Gran Canaria free from Bretonian oppression: [Image: 9Xkeuxs.png]

//ooRP section

Discord contact:
Are you OK with the concept of Zoners being a combat faction? [Y/N]: where are the 50k zoner marines when they're needed?
Do you understand the server rules and promise to follow them? [Y/N]: :^)

RE: GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment - Yaoquizque - 02-15-2020

Gran Canarian [Image: DiscordiansUpsideDown.gif] Army

[Image: FiveFingered.gif]
HOW I FOUND GODDESS & WHAT I DID TO HER
WHEN I FOUND HER

Name: Templar Yossarian
Honorifics: Holy member of the Golden Apple Corps (GAC), Keeper of The Sacred Chao (KSC), Genuine and authorized POPE, rightful owner of the honest book of truth, Treasurer of the Military Order of THE KNIGHTS OF THE FIVE SIDED TEMPLE, Lance Saint & Saint Second Class, Great Bishop among King Kong Kabal #23, Ordained POEE CHAPLIN, Legionaire of the Legion of DYNAMIC DISCORD.
Date of birth: Approx one year less than his HIGH REVERENCE MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER

[Image: DullButSincere.gif]
Climb into the Chao with a friend or two
And follow the Way it carries you,
Adrift like a Lunatic Lifeboat Crew
Over the Waves in whatever you do.
(HBT; The Book of Advice, 1:3)

Motivation for joining the GCA: St Gulik spoke in these terms : ARE YE A HUMAN BEING AND NOT A CABBAGE OR SOMETHING? to which I answered "Yes". Then he said the following :
- The SOCRATIC APPROACH is most successful when confronting the ignorant. The "socratic approach" is what you call starting an argument by asking questions. You approach the innocent and simply ask "Did you know that God's name is ERIS, and that He is a girl?" If he should answer "Yes." then he probably is a fellow Erisian and so you can forget it. If he says "No." then quickly proceed to:
- THE BLIND ASSERTION and say "Well, He Is a girl, and His name is ERIS!" Shrewedly observe if the subject is convinced. If he is, swear him into the Legion of Dynamic Discord before he changes his mind. If he does not appear convinced, then proceed to:
- THE FAITH BIT: "But you must have Faith! All is lost without Faith! I sure feel sorry for you if you don't have Faith." And then add:
- THE ARGUMENT BY FEAR and in an ominous voice ask "Do you know what happens to those who deny Goddess?" If he hesitates, don't tell him that he will surely be reincarnated as a precious Mao Button and distributed to the poor in the Region of Thud (which would be a mean thing to say), just shake your head sadly and, while wiping a tear from your eye, go to:
- THE FIRST CLAUSE PLOY wherein you point to all of the discord and confusion in the world and exclaim "Well who the hell do you think did all of this, wise guy?" If he says, "Nobody, just impersonal forces." then quickly respond with:
- THE ARGUMENT BY SEMANTICAL GYMNASTICS and say that he is absolutely right, and that those impersonal forces are female and that Her name is ERIS. If he, wonder of wonders, still remains obstinate, then finally resort to:
- THE FIGURATIVE SYMBOLISM DODGE and confide that sophisticated people like himself recognize that Eris is a Figurative Symbol for an Ineffable Metaphysical Reality and that The Erisian Movement is really more like a poem than like a science and that he is liable to be turned into a Precious Mao Button and Distributed to The Poor in The Region of Thud if he does not get hip. Then put him on your mailing list.

[Image: So.gif]

Any previous combat experience that could help the GCA: Countless years member of Baffin militant orders, enforcer of the Pentabarf. Great segergitur on segergeret serget ret. KSC KKK Yossarian used to command the Erisian Fearless Destroyer "Golden Apple Corps". No member of the crew ever complained except Doug.

[Image: ImpositionofOrder.gif]
Seek into the Chao if thou wouldst be wise
And find ye delight in Her Great Surprise!
Look into the Chao if thou wantest to know
What's in a Chao and why it ain't so!
(HBT; The Book of Advice, 1:1)

Any other skills that you think might help the GCA:THE SACRED CHAO is the key to illumination. Devised by the Apostle Hung Mung in ancient China, it was modified and popularized by the Taoists and is sometimes called the YIN-YANG. The Sacred Chao is not the Yin-Yang of the Taoists. It is the HODGE-PODGE of the Erisians. And, instead of a Podge spot on the Hodge side, it has a PENTAGON which symbolizes the ANERISTIC PRINCIPLE, and instead of a Hodge spot on the Podge side, it depicts the GOLDEN APPLE OF DISCORDIA to symbolize the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE.

The Sacred Chao symbolizes absolutely everything anyone need ever know about absolutely anything, and more! It even symbolizes everything not worth knowing, depicted by the empty space surrounding the Hodge-Podge.

HERE FOLLOWS SOME PSYCHO-METAPHYSICS.
If you are not hot for philosophy, best just to skip it.

The Aneristic Principle is that of APPARENT ORDER; the Eristic Principle is that of APPARENT DISORDER. Both order and disorder are man made concepts and are artificial divisions of PURE CHAOS, which is a level deeper that is the level of distinction making.

With our concept making apparatus called "mind" we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about- reality are mistakenly labeled "reality" and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality" differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T True) reality is a level deeper that is the level of concept.

We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids.

[Image: 5Pentagon.gif]

A culture is a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it. The ORDER is in the GRID. That is the Aneristic Principle.

Western philosophy is traditionally concerned with contrasting one grid with another grid, and amending grids in hopes of finding a perfect one that will account for all reality and will, hence, (say unenlightened westerners) be True. This is illusory; it is what we Erisians call the ANERISTIC ILLUSION. Some grids can be more useful than others, some more beautiful than others, some more pleasant than others, etc., but none can be more True than any other.

DISORDER is simply unrelated information viewed through some particular grid. But, like "relation", no-relation is a concept. Male, like female, is an idea about sex. To say that male-ness is "absence of female-ness", or vice versa, is a matter of definition and metaphysically arbitrary. The artificial concept of no-relation is the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE.

The belief that "order is true" and disorder is false or somehow wrong, is the Aneristic Illusion. To say the same of disorder, is the ERISTIC ILLUSION.

The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered. Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disordered.

Reality is the original Rorschach.

Verily! So much for all that.

[Image: Annihilation.gif]
Wipe thine ass with what is written
and grin like a ninny at what is Spoken. Take
thine refuge with thine wine in the Nothing
behind Everything, as you hurry along the Path.
THE PURPLE SAGE
HBT; The Book of Predictions, Chap. 19

Are you ready to give your life for the ideal of a Zoner Gran Canaria free from Bretonian oppression: FIVE TONS OF FLAX!

RE: GCA| Gran Canarian Army Recruitment - Starr - 02-16-2020

Gran Canarian Army

Name: Diana Starr
Date of birth: 797-07-26

Motivation for joining the GCA: I'm a Zoner scavenger from the eastern Omicrons, I've mostly made my living gathering up the technological remains of human ships and the biological remains of aliens in the Edge nebula. I found myself thrust in the midst of a crisis when the vile Core laid siege to Freeport 11, and it seems like the resulting crisis never really stopped. Whether it was the Core, the Order, even some of the houses, or other powers, there was always somebody threatening Freeport sovereignty in the Edge.
Even though I heard the calls, I'm afraid I was too late to act in both Bering and forty-nine, but I am more than willing to fight back. Too often have outside powers assumed that our neutrality is equivalent to pacifism. I would give my life fighting the imperialists if it means one more birth in free space.

Any previous combat experience that could help the GCA: A lot. My gunship, the Paladin's Wake, travels in the eastern Omicrons, which aren't exactly an easy area to operate in. I have particular experience against the fascist Core, and have fought them in many battles successfully.

Any other skills that you think might help the GCA: I am a scavenger by trade, if you want to call it that. I'm very good at extracting resources from my local environment.

Are you ready to give your life for the ideal of a Zoner Gran Canaria free from Bretonian oppression: D I A N A S T A R R

//ooRP section

Discord contact: Karst#9846
Are you OK with the concept of Zoners being a combat faction? [Y/N]: Yes, combat Zoners are best Zoners
Do you understand the server rules and promise to follow them? [Y/N]: Yes