Discovery Gaming Community
RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev (/showthread.php?tid=176842)

RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Hokan - 02-12-2020

Disclaimer:
Being relatively new to Disco, most of what I'd suggest here is based on players role-play, information from players and information gained from info-cards.
Also this began as a reply to Garrett Jax on my version, but its since expanded into something more. Which is the reason for the separate post. I will probably up date this as time passes
Not all of these ideas are meant to be implemented at once or the at same time, some require a slow background burn to build up the events happening. As well as giving OFs the ability to respond in kind to whatever can befall their npc faction.

- Initiation Factions -
While writing this it became apparent that if you were to try and develop a full story on your own, you'll end up causing some railroading and keeping in mind player complaints about the story. I thought about making a select few factions the "initiator", meaning that generally other factions will be responding to what that faction does. However the initiator can change depending on the cycle, so its not always going to be the same faction.

Round 1 Initiators: I will probably up date this as time passes

Gallia:

The Time of Troubles:
With the Confederacy in control over Gallia, it now needs to establish itself as -the- legitimate and stable government. Letting the Duchy of Burgundy exist and the Minarchy to develop, in the short term, would provide stability to the House while it recovers from war. However the long term effects of both existing with drastically different methods of governments to the Republic begin to rear their heads.

The Parisian Assembly's move to enforce its laws onto a rogue baron in Languedoc signals to the many in the Minarchy that they are subject to the will of the Republic. With some of the Minarchy realizing that their situation is indeed precarious, and making the Duchy of Burgundy consider their own protection, granting them to pursue one of the following actions:

The Minarchy -

Option 1
Work to counteract the preeminence of the Republic within the Confederacy, through bribery, corruption and other shady means of influencing the assembly. To ensure that the Republic does not have the backing to make moves against the Minarchy, or to curb their power.

Option 2
Attempt to work with the Duchy of Burgundy, to limit the influence of the Republic. For the same reason as above, but with the deeper threat of a possible rebellion against the Republic.

Option 3
Tow the Assembly's line, and ignore the issue. It's only a baron.

The unthinkable option (This is meant to cause more dramatic change than the previous options)
Align more with the Enclave, to protect the Minarchy from the south and discreetly propagandize the threat of the Enclave to the Republic to force stagnation. Allowing the Mob to do as they will.

The Republic -

Option 1
Make concessions to both the Minarchy and the Duchy to keep the peace and stability of post-war Gallia.

Option 2
Attempt to establish the primacy of the Confederacy over the Minarchy, through means that avoid another rebellion. Such as the use of intimidation, bribery, propaganda and more.

Option 3
Attempt to redirect the heat from Gallia's internal problems and instead focus on expanding interests in the Taus and into the Omicrons.

Duchy of Burgundy -

Option 1
Align with the Minarchy to curb the Republics influence within the Confederacy.

Option 2
Align with the Republic and support attempts to rein in the Minarchy.

Option 3
Align with neither, and remain neutral. Work on internal projects.

Unthinkable 1
Seek to align with the Enclave, using them as a force of external pressure against moves of the Republic and Minarchy.

Unthinkable 2
Seek to neutralise either by force or diplomacy, the Outcast threat in Lorraine. Opening a backdoor for the Duchy to be supplied via outcast space.

Enclave -

Option 1
Make attempts to influence the Minarchy and/or the Duchy through various means with the aim to eventually uproot the Republic and reinstall the throne.

Option 2
Push further into the Taus in attempt to carve out a larger foothold in the sub-sector, and cut more routes off from Gallia.

Option 3
Attempt to destroy the Battleship Pamiers, opening up Languedoc for more raids.

Kusari

Restoring Honour:

Kusari has been involved in wars against Bretonia, Gallia and Rheinland these conflicts have wounded its prestige and there has been no great gain from them, furthermore a more recent small-scale conflict has prompted the Kusari government to side with Rheinland against GMG. Adding a question to their ongoing relationship with the guild. All these effects culmination in the potency and validity of the Kusari's state authority to rule, and with the Coalition moving forces into further North, the time to act is now.

Kusari -

Option 1
Move a task-group into Okinawa and seize that planet along with the gas mining the in the nebula. Gaining a prime source of economic income for the Kusari state rejuvenation while essentially expecting little to no resistance from GMG for doing so.

Option 2
Attempt again to move into the Tau's and secure what trade and raw minerals that can be exploited there.

Option 3
Seek closer relations with Gallia, and attempt to establish deeper dependency on Gallic trade to strengthen Kusari through those economic ventures.

GMG -
If Kusari takes Option 1

Option 1
Make progress towards a peaceful solution to Kusari's needs, becoming a Kusari lawful faction. Allowing Kusari to take a portion of the income from the trade, in return gain its protection across the Sigmas.

Option 2
Become a Kusari unlawful faction, and trade h-fuel to everyone but Kusari.

Unthinkable 1
Align with Rhienland for protection against Kusari aggression.

Blood Dragons -
If GMG takes option 2 or 3.

Option 1 (If unthinkable was taken)
Launch a join raid on Honshu with GMG and Rheinland task-force, in attempt to take or cripple Yukawa Shipyard while also cutting the Lane to New Tokyo.

Option 2
Bring the Coalition into the conflict, and with GMG, launch a strike against the Okinawa Gas field in attempt to cripple the infrastructure used by the Kusari state.

Hogosha -
If GMG take option 2 or 3

Option 1
Aside with the state, and launch a raid on gas miners in Sigma-13 with the intent to cripple the GMG's ability to extract helium.

Option 2
Literally just don't even care.

Option 3 (If the Blood Dragons bring the Coalition in)
Request support from the Corsairs in fighting the Blood Dragons, Coalition and GMG. Conducting a campaign outside of the view of the Kusari state in attempt to seize the rest of the gas miners.

Golden Chrysanthemum

Option 1
Be angry

Option 2 - If BD chooses option 2, and Hogosha chooses option 3.
Terrorize the forces of the Hogosha, Coalition and the Corsairs that wander into the Sigmas. Call on the Outcasts for aid against their age old enemies.

Unthinkable 1
Side with BD, GMG and the Coalition in pursuit of further dislodging the states power.

Outcasts
If the Duchy of Burgundy picks Unthinkable 2

Option 1
Focus efforts on the west, either fighting or aiding the Duchy of Burgundy and neutralizing that threat.

If GC takes option 2

Option 2
Focus on the south and support the allies in the GC, attempt to force a temporary cease-fire with GMG in exchange for the use of their bases and an alternative route with which to ship H-fuel out of the Sigmas.

If Enclave take option 2

Option 3
Engage the Enclave in a conflict over the Taus, attempting to prevent them from establishing more control and threatening the Cardamine trade.

Option 4
Begin a campaign in attempt to remove the Crayter Republic from Tau-23

Nomads
The Nomads have secretly being doing whatever it is that nomads do out in the Omicrons, and for many years they emerged from their home on the edges of Sirius to plague humanity. However, we know the Omicron Nomads are not the only Nomads in the galaxy...

The Webway

A new jumphole opens up in Omicron Psi, connecting the Omicron Nomads to the group that it has long been disconnected with. These new Nomads are much different than their Omicron counterparts, and have established a webway of jumpholes that could connect all of Sirius and Gallia through a secondary web of systems. These particular Nomads are not as aggressive, and seem more specialized to exploration and quick movements than their Omicron counterparts.

Option 1
The initial contact goes wrong and the Omicon nomads identify the Webway nomads as hostile. Leading to the Omicron Nomads attempting to take the webway.

Option 2
The contact goes well, and the two sets of Nomads do not identify each other as threats. .

Option 3
The two groups mingle too well and a sub-species of nomad comes from whatever mating procedures they do, the species would be less suited for combat than the Omicron Nomads but better suited for exploration, speed and energy conservation. Taking some of the traits from the Webway nomads.

...More to be added later for other factions...

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Wolfs Ghost - 02-12-2020

I personally would like to see continued strife and the fall out of the power vacuum that was the removal of the Kingdom of Gallia. From everything that's been RP'd and hinted at, it definitely sounds like a third Gallic civil war is in the midst of coming to light as the Confederacy doesn't have quite the grasp on other other fractured nation states within sovereign Gallia.

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Groshyr - 02-12-2020

Baron Montluc in the story!

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Hokan - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 07:10 PM)Wolfs Ghost Wrote: I personally would like to see continued strife and the fall out of the power vacuum that was the removal of the Kingdom of Gallia. From everything that's been RP'd and hinted at, it definitely sounds like a third Gallic civil war is in the midst of coming to light as the Confederacy doesn't have quite the grasp on other other fractured nation states within sovereign Gallia.

France is known for its rebellions xd

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - SquigglyKey - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 07:12 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Baron Montluc in the story!

I really enjoyed reading it as it unfolded. Can't wait to see how it turns out, defo needs to be part of the story.

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Typrop - 02-13-2020

(02-12-2020, 07:12 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Baron Montluc in the story!

Unironically, Baron Montluc is pretty good, formatting and writing wise. Interedastig material.

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Kazu Chidori - 02-13-2020

Fighting GMG and Rhineland at the same time would give me a decent target for this new bomber loadout.

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Sh'ozak Ma'hk'null - 02-13-2020

(02-12-2020, 07:34 PM)The Only Hokan Wrote: France is known for its rebellions xd

France is known for surrender.

Change my mind.

RE: RE: Garrett Jax... If I was a Story Dev - Hokan - 02-13-2020

Added some more to the Kusari poop, and Nomad stuff.