Discovery Gaming Community
Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? (/showthread.php?tid=177223)

Pages: 1 2 3

Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Kalhmera - 02-29-2020

Connor Wrote:Hi Kalh.

Unfortunately your SRP has been denied due to insufficient RP.

Thanks,

Connor

This is what I get after waiting two weeks and pestering admins about approving a tech cell for one (1) LPI- Vessel. My vessel.

Here is the RP I provided

Chief Holiday's Quest For Security
To: The Core. From: Chief of Police Jean Holiday.

Why isnt RP from one official player faction to another Official Player faction enough RP to justify the use of a ship? I inrp Purchased the ship and the "Game Masters" crap on you and say no? What gives you the right? I purchased the ship, did quality RP with the official faction representing the ship and provided a detailed story thread on why my character needed the ship? What more do I need? Why was GC able to get a Battleship that was supposed to be super rare with one RP post but my request with an Official faction involved gets denied? This is unfair and an injustice to the players who are in this community.

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Mephistoles - 02-29-2020

The RP requirements have been so low for a while they're almost through to Australia. I don't know your specific circumstances and am not passing comment or judgement on you, but in general it would be nice to see some slightly higher standards.

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Typrop - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:41 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: The RP requirements have been so low for a while they're almost through to Australia. I don't know your specific circumstances and am not passing comment or judgement on you, but in general it would be nice to see some slightly higher standards.

This.

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Groshyr - 02-29-2020

How could Loyola answer your RP if she was a part of LG| back then?

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Saronsen - 02-29-2020

imagine giving a ship that ONLY ONE OF EXISTS IN THE ENTIRE SECTOR to a faction that made one post with, zero? nearly zero text editing, no images, just one gigantic post that was barely relevant

then denying a dude a fucking aftermarket/surplus fighter there's hundreds or thousands of for 'not enough roleplay'

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Jayce - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:54 PM)Saronsen Wrote: imagine giving a ship that ONLY ONE OF EXISTS IN THE ENTIRE SECTOR to a faction that made one post with, zero? nearly zero text editing, no images, just one gigantic post that was barely relevant

then denying a dude a fucking aftermarket/surplus fighter there's hundreds or thousands of for 'not enough roleplay'

oh dude the one that was provisionally granted based on the expectation more roleplay would be done with it

and then none was

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Lythrilux - 02-29-2020

Oddly, not the first time staff have denied a request where Core gives small ship(s) to an allied or friendly group with sufficient roleplay (rip RM). Both cases are really surprising. I think even last time RM was just told "insufficient RP" (one difference to note is that the staff composition has changed since then).

At the same time there are people using Core tech who have done considerably less roleplay (ie none) that shouldn't have it at all 8).

Checking Mactan I'm surprised LPI doesn't have a Core cell.

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Goliath - 02-29-2020

I might be wrong but aren't you supposed to err...y'know. Put some more soul in your RP? And to be honest, I don't see LPI- running on Core ships (even if it is only one ship) is relevant at all with such little background.

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - Y'berg - 02-29-2020

Kalh, you alone have more SRPs, than most of the OFs I'm in have combined. Maybe sit back and look over why they didn't approved it, instead of putting up a thread in the general discussion?

RE: Biased? Higher then Normal Standards? - pillow - 02-29-2020

this proves that at least some people still care about quality control

very good

many, many more people have gotten their SRPs denied after actually putting some effort into them; and im pretty sure most of them didnt make a thread complaining about it

all youll get in this thread is people telling you that their decision was a good one lmao