Discovery Gaming Community
Lets talk about Celestra - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lets talk about Celestra (/showthread.php?tid=177467)

Pages: 1 2

Lets talk about Celestra - TheShooter36 - 03-13-2020

Yes, that CR Freighter nobody uses at all. TLDR It is so underpowered to the point it could simply not exist and its a total joke with an identity crisis.

Now, why?

As some of you might know, Celestra was not a freighter all the time. It was CR's equalivent of Pelican before, with absolutely no use, just like now. Its conversion was a low effort one in epic proportions of failure. Resize it, copy dromedary stats straight, while not even reducing its price so it costs three times more compared to other freighters, while not even touching it's pre-conversion weapon arcs. By its guncount and arcs, its trying to be a worse Camara. By its stats, its a worse dromedary, there is no reason at all for CR to use it's own freighter while it gets %100 on Camara and %90 on Dromedary at the moment.

My solution:

While Dromedary is pure cargo and Camara is a viable "battlefreighter" due to its size, I propose turning Celestra into a CSF/Grizzly style, heavy combat freighter/APC. Make it one of the heaviest, if not THE heaviest freighter available. It is already big enough for that (We dont count Ragnar here). An alternative approach could be an up-gunned Ragnar-Lite with slight upscale too. Just give CR a reason to choose their own freighter, rather than others available. Make it a viable alternative. CR (and NO) being a Tau faction, a combat-ready, sturdy freighter would fit the lineup as a third freighter alternative, alongside civ and borderworlds lines.

All that assumes devs somehow dont get the idea of removing civ and borderworlds techcells from the faction to force that undergunned pile of scrap of course.

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Binski - 03-13-2020

I like this idea, I love freighters and we should try to make sure ships arent useless. In general, freighters are the most useless, and we should have more little uses for them.

And...I'm pretty sure if anyone annexes anyone else's bases or assets, it would be CR gobbling up whats left of the IMG in the taus!

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Karlotta - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 06:41 PM)Shiki Wrote: It should be buffed after CR NPC faction is deleted and assets transfered to the IMG.

(03-13-2020, 06:43 PM)Shiki Wrote: Just Independent Miners Guild, CR is an import meme that is using IMG ships and stealing IMG RP opportunities.

(03-13-2020, 08:56 PM)Shiki Wrote: ladies and gentlemen, i present you the picture-perfect example of an awful opinion
(03-13-2020, 07:05 PM)Binski Wrote: And...I'm pretty sure if anyone annexes anyone else's bases or assets, it would be CR gobbling up whats left of the IMG in the taus!

Shiki you need Jesus.

Personally, I would love to see the celestra receive more cargo so JD4 jump trading with it can become a thing.

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Spectre - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 06:41 PM)Shiki Wrote: It should be buffed after CR NPC faction is deleted and assets transfered to the IMG.
(03-13-2020, 06:43 PM)Shiki Wrote: Just Independent Miners Guild, CR is an import meme that is using IMG ships and stealing IMG RP opportunities.
(03-13-2020, 08:56 PM)Shiki Wrote: ladies and gentlemen, i present you the picture-perfect example of an awful opinion

(03-13-2020, 07:05 PM)Binski Wrote: And...I'm pretty sure if anyone annexes anyone else's bases or assets, it would be CR gobbling up whats left of the IMG in the taus!

For the love of Christ, we get it. You don't like CR.
This isn't flood, so kindly knock it off.

To the topic at hand, the Celestra is a really underloved ship, honestly. I can realistically see it becoming a battlefreighter, or maybe even an SHF (which I'd be against, frankly, since SHFs are garbage for balance).

Either that, or maybe we could just reskin it and give it to the IMG. CR already has a very full shipline, so one freighter out of the works wouldn't kill the flow, especially since an IMG Celestra would still have 90% on CR IDs.

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Lucas - 03-13-2020

If you encourage bringing cau8 freighters to comabt then you need to get banned

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Kazinsal - 03-13-2020

I am 100% on board with more battlefreighters. Celestra is also a hot throbbing turgid wang of a ship and it needs some love. More cargo, or maybe give it a torpedo or something magical like that.

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Arbs - 03-13-2020

I've been around since 2013 and i just found out CR had a freighter this whole time

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Darkstar_Spectre - 03-13-2020

why are people unironically suggesting more combat freighters?

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Kazinsal - 03-13-2020

because they own

RE: Lets talk about Celestra - Loken - 03-14-2020

Stop the floodposting. If you don't care to discuss the intended topic of the thread just don't post in it.

Off topic posts removed. Some quotes remain.