Discovery Gaming Community
To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Ezrael Vertiga - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Ezrael Vertiga (/showthread.php?tid=177641)

To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Ezrael Vertiga - Sombs - 03-22-2020

[Image: XNOnMEW.png]
[Image: 078wbGs.png]

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] receiving transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] identifying encryption
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] applying available decryption keys
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] processing transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] format: text
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] checking transmission for hazardous content
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] status: trusted
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] tracing neural net ID
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] trusted neural net ID recognized
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] loading neural net avatar
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] playing transmission

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Hello Maren!

By the time you are receiving this, the Apahanta has departed from Sirius. Not figuratively but as in, we've left the charted territories.

What does that mean? Well, we won't be seeing each other in a while. Months, maybe years. Maybe not at all anymore, if something goes wrong. That's... why I decided to record a message for you. We're still in range to receive comms after a certain delay, if you want to send a few last words, a possible goodbye or something. If not, that's okay as well. However, you won't be able to catch up to us anymore, if there was a reason for you to do it.

Our lives have changed so much, you know. I have so many nice memories of you and me, together. We went through so many good and bad times. I don't think I've ever had a girlfriend that I had to go through so much with. But then again, you're unique in so many ways. You two, that is. Or the four of you, if we count Dinah and Simone to you two. Erh, it's weird. I always thought you wouldn't be able to change me, to domesticate me the way you wanted me to be. I don't think I've become that person at all. But, by all means, I'm definitely not the man I was when we met. And yet I am not sure whether you have changed at all since that day in Omicron Delta, Maren.

Apart from you and Curacao, there is nothing left for me in Sirius. Things are just not the same anymore. I do not know whether you can relate, I'm not good at describing how it feels. Or at least not good at hitting the spot. Phrasing. But we've come to terms with the is-situation and what the options are. We either stay or move on, and we decided to move on. Maybe that is how mankind evolves in this stage, by embarking to another region of space if everything seems lost?

I don't think I can rightly justify myself here. I don't think I should even try, to be honest. I just want you to know, Maren, that I loved you, and still do. I will miss you very much, and not telling you any earlier about this was pretty painful. However, recording this and knowing I leave you behind is even more painful. Wished for some better way to solve this, but I don't think there is a good way for bad news. Didn't go well with Nancy either.

Before I go on with this, there are a few faces that wanted to say goodbye to you, too. I link their parts right here.

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] attachments: 0

[Image: 47FcShn.png]

Neural Net ID
LEON ISLEY

Uh, I really don't know how to do this...

Uh... well... Maren, it has been a fun time with you and, well, Valery. I'll surely miss you two, especially, well, Val. But I don't think it's the last time we see each other. I don't know what else to say, really, so, well, take care of yourself and Dinah and Simone. You're a nice patchwork family, I think.

Sorry, this isn't really my strength. Let's just say see you all in a few years again! Farewell!

[Image: unknown.png]

Neural Net ID
SOMBRA HOOKIER

Maren,

I know we had a difficult relationship, for obvious reasons. I guess one can't simply be friends if it's about the same man. Yet, well, I tried my best. Just annoying to see how in the end, neither you nor I got him. Still pains me to see this child and know it's not mine. But I guess that's a luxus issue. After all, I have everything one could want. Nice company, nice foods, an easy life. Now that I'm part of the crew, I don't need the Catport anymore, so I gave it to a bunch of gallic people we had with us for a while.

I hope you take good care of Mittens and that little dog of your adopted daughter. I'll certainly take care of the cats here on the ship. I even went so far as to get samples of cat DNA so we can clone a new cat if something goes horribly wrong. What's the point in living if you can't have a cat at your side, right?

Anyway.

I don't know if it is appropiate to mention, simply because I can't tell how Simone works, but, if it helps, tell her I will make sure nothing happens to Noel.

Or, probably it's better if you don't tell her. Probably a bad idea.

I hope you can adjust to this well enough, but knowing you, I have no doubts. You're like a chameleon, adjusting to your surroundings. Just, uh, with a nomad inside, which probably helps a lot.

Well then, I hope we'll get to see each other again, and hopefully you're not killing us, then. Not that I think we give you a reason for that. Like, an actual reason, I mean, so not for, uh, leaving. You... probably get the idea.

Stay safe out there, Maren.

[Image: unknown.png]

Neural Net ID
NOEL BÄKER

Hi!

We didn't really get to spend much time with another, but Ez told me much about you, and judging by how Ez and Sombs were emotional about this, I think you still mean much to both of them. You're probably as cool as they said you are, and under different circumstances we could probably have become friends. But, well. By now you probably know already everything. We're leaving, and I knew about it for a long time already. I was actually the first person Ez talked to about it. And, well, I lost everything already anyway, so there is nothing that binds me to Sirius. I know that's a pretty shitty thing to say, especially after me having been in a relationship with Simone.

That's why I send this. As I said, I knew about this for long. I can't really say it was the reason why I broke up with Simone so suddenly, but it certainly was a major part of why I made the decision. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think I was the right person to handle her. She is cute and lovely, biologically perfect and all that, but... she is... very young. She needs protection and a qualified guide and a stable environment to open up and become more human, and I do think Dinah is a better guide than I could ever be. Please protect her. I don't want a break-up to be the thing that broke her.

One day, should we ever return to Sirius, I want to see her again and see what she'd become. And then she can slap me, as I think I owe her that one.

Until then, Maren, Dinah, Simone... safe skies!

[Image: 078wbGs.png]

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Well...

Time has come, Sweetheart. I know you probably won't need it, but I've sent you a fair bit of money on your alibi account for Liberty. The last thing I want to hear if we ever return is that you didn't know how to keep yourself and Dinah and Simone over the water. I've also made sure the Health Care Shelter where Na- Rebecca lives will have enough funds to take care of her for the rest of her life. The rest is split up between Hot Gear and the Curacaoan Phoenix Foundation, those are the bois that try to revert all the damage my homeworld took because Liberty and Gallia had nothing better to do than slinging shit at each other in the lower orbit.

We're taking the Rovers with us, the Catport was given away to some gallic people who needed it to return to their homes. I guess you're still having the Hoffnungsschimmer. The Little Blue and the Apotheosis are with us, too. One can't know when those ships are required.

Maren, whatever happens, I hope you know that I loved you and that I still love you. In fact, it annoys me, because it makes this entire thing more painful than it should be. I'm sorry our plans didn't work out. No big house on Curacao where we all live together. No curacaoan-rheinlandian children, with me as father and you as mother. We tried our best, but I guess I shouldn't always have aimed for your mouth.

...that sounded funnier in my head, you know.

But maybe that's how you should remember me, Maren. As that dork you had to bear for more than three years, rather than the love of your life you couldn't live without. But luckily, you've managed to live without me often and long enough. I'm just glad that we are sort of ending this the way we started out. As the Captain of a warship and a strong-willed woman with just as many secrets as you had back then already.

That's how I want to remember you, Love. 100 degree Marenheit.

Don't get yourself into trouble. This time I won't be able to come and rescue you. I guess that will be Dinah's job from now on.

Goodbye, Maren. I will never forget you.

RE: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Ezrael Vertiga - Foxglove - 03-24-2020

[Image: 04_by_rhulaner-da2sxcj.gif]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: [Image: 7dBj2Gm.gifMaren%20v.%20Westefeld]
Location: [Image: H14TsTq.gifCV-Hoffnungsschimmer,%20Omega-49]
Subject: [Image: UHCCc8M.gif]
ENCRYPTION: [Image: SnkmNXM.gif]

I think I knew what you wanted to do from the moment Simone came to Dinah crying her eyes out. It is alright, though. I think we both knew you wouldn't be able to sit tight forever, but I wouldn't have expected you to actually leave the sector.

I've never been particularly good at these sort of things, you know that. I think you remember that one night we went hiking on Gran Canaria and you got spooked by the moths. It just doesn't work that way over these distances. You know, I tired to get Dinah to get Alexandria to bring you back so I could talk some sense into you, but that girl is way too persuasive for her age. Crap.

To be fair to myself as well, I don't know what you really expected me to answer. In a way, you were my world, but we'll be fine without you. That is what you wanted to hear, right? You wanted me to forgive you. I think I can't bring myself to do that just yet, but I understand the impulse and can't fault you for it. This is not a time or place for long good bye speeches. As you said yourself, you hope to be back at some point. That is good enough for me. Can't say the same about Dinah, though. She wants to spoon your eyes out. So don't have any on your person, then.